Sophie and Dave #4 Dave’s still so flabby, Sophie’s so grabby, they're not ready for the babby!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sophie and Dave Intro: “It’s all for yyyooouuu!”
My Husband passing by, absolutely annoyed by this song: It’s all for vvviiieeewwwssss!”

I died laughing! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I found these Sophie and Dave threads recently and absolutely love them 😂. I was compelled to make an account though when she belly flopped on to that pillow. What the duck. To be honest that entire last video infuriated me. ALL OF THEIR VIDEOS INFURIATE ME. Me and my partner found out we were pregnant whilst living in a one bed house and saving for a mortgage. My mum offered up her dining room as a bedroom for us but, like human adults, we said no thank you, we're adult enough to make this baby, we will take care of it.
How dare Dave talk about how little money they have but how desperately she needs a pregnancy pillow. Maybe aim for a cot, a travel system, anything for that child of yours first you absolute weapons.
Oh, and FYI, if you're anything like me when I was pregnant with my boy, a pregnancy pillow isn't going to make the slightest difference. Then baby will come along and for the first month you won't sleep more than an hour at a time. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Mine is a Pharmedoc one. It’s really good and comes with a washable cover. I’ve been using the zip off part in the night to prop myself up and then the big part all together for day naps if I need them. It’s huge though. But well worth the money, it got lots of good ratings on a pregnancy forum I’m on, but still FAR cheaper than the one they were given! :)
Thank you 😊

Sophie and Dave Intro: “It’s all for yyyooouuu!”
My Husband passing by, absolutely annoyed by this song: It’s all for vvviiieeewwwssss!”

I died laughing! 😂
Omg, this is hilarious 😂.

My husband can’t stand their theme music either and always sings it in a mocking way. He can’t understand why I watch “Beanbag Boy and Insane Smiley Girl” (beanbag cause Dave’s body looks like a beanbag...lol) but I just had to reassure him it was just research for the purposes of this thread 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Pondering this morning how they will fit her, her pregnant belly, that huge pillow AND huge Dave in one bed. Do they have a king size? Because they’re gonna need one 😂
I imagine he snores terribly too due to to his size, so no wonder she’s not sleeping. In fairness though, what pregnant woman does, with or without a pillow. It’s all training for when the baby comes. Just proves she’s not gonna cope well with that. And how could they? They’re just a couple of children playing at being adults for a bit when they feel like it.

Reactions: 10
I think that Matt Billingdon is a friend so probs will try to pander to Dave and do mostly weights and core stuff. An exercise bike rather than a weights rack is what Dave needs
He may have tried to advise him time and time again, maybe he's just too arrogant to listen? 🤷🏻 I actually quite like Jade and Matt, they seem to work hard and actually be pretty down to earth.

Reactions: 6
I rarely ever comment (because I don't think I ever have anything interesting to add that hasn't been said before) but this couple push me to my limits of annoyance.

I honestly think they would be far better being honest and transparent about their situation, making videos on having a baby on a (non-existent) budget and their journey out of this mess they've gotten themselves into. Instead, they've clearly been requesting/begging off insta-popular brands with high price tags! There's a huge community online of people sharing money saving advice (some of which on YouTube) so it's not like its a mystery of the alternatives. The fact they also seem to be begging for high value items is even more a kick in the teeth as not only could they not afford it themselves, they're promoting high value items at a time when there are so many financial difficulties ahead in this country.

Like so many people have said above, there is nothing to stop anyone on furlough undertaking temporary work so I don't see any reason why (if they're struggling as much as I suspect) Dave at the very least shouldn't be looking for a temporary role. Instead, they seem to just be banking on their lives generating money and their begging getting them all their baby buys.

Sorry for the rant, but I do feel better for typing it haha

Reactions: 16
He may have tried to advise him time and time again, maybe he's just too arrogant to listen? 🤷🏻 I actually quite like Jade and Matt, they seem to work hard and actually be pretty down to earth.
I'm definitely getting this vibe off Dave, that he always knows best. Even when just a quick glance in the mirror would tell you otherwise.

Reactions: 8
I rarely ever comment (because I don't think I ever have anything interesting to add that hasn't been said before) but this couple push me to my limits of annoyance.

I honestly think they would be far better being honest and transparent about their situation, making videos on having a baby on a (non-existent) budget and their journey out of this mess they've gotten themselves into. Instead, they've clearly been requesting/begging off insta-popular brands with high price tags! There's a huge community online of people sharing money saving advice (some of which on YouTube) so it's not like its a mystery of the alternatives. The fact they also seem to be begging for high value items is even more a kick in the teeth as not only could they not afford it themselves, they're promoting high value items at a time when there are so many financial difficulties ahead in this country.

Like so many people have said above, there is nothing to stop anyone on furlough undertaking temporary work so I don't see any reason why (if they're struggling as much as I suspect) Dave at the very least shouldn't be looking for a temporary role. Instead, they seem to just be banking on their lives generating money and their begging getting them all their baby buys.

Sorry for the rant, but I do feel better for typing it haha

To be fair, one of the conditions of being furloughed is you can't take up any other paid employment. As the government is already paying 80% of your wage.

But everything else I agree with... The vlogs lack so much effort lately its disappointing.

Reactions: 8
I agree with you on this 100%
I am one of the the probably thousands of pregnant ladies on furlough at the moment and they infuriate me!
The reason they don’t make any kind of videos about preparing for a baby on a budget is purely because they’re living in hope that they will just get everything given to them (including a house).
I appreciate times are very strange at the moment so going shopping for baby things isn’t seen by essential by some people. However you can pick up baby clothing and other essentials from most supermarkets for very reasonable prices. It seems they would much rather spend money on energy drinks and “fitness equipment” to keep Dave entertained for 10 minutes a day

Reactions: 4
Did anyone else notice that after Dave's workout he didn't shower straight away, instead he's wrapping the pillow around him and cuddling into it. I think I'd ask my other half to at least go and wash after a workout before cuddling my pregnancy pillow (if I were pregnant and had one). :sick:

Agree with others who say that Dave should be out finding another temporary job. They are now constantly saying the baby is due in three months and don't have much money, well get out there and make some Dave. I'm not sure if he'll get furlough pay but I'm assuming it won't be much if he was only in the job for a few weeks before the furlough situation happened. Stop relying on free pregnancy pillows and gifted items being sent to you! I know I've said this a few times but they're in for one heck of a shock when the baby arrives and they have to adult.

To be fair, one of the conditions of being furloughed is you can't take up any other paid employment. As the government is already paying 80% of your wage.

But everything else I agree with... The vlogs lack so much effort lately its disappointing.
I thought it was up to the individual companies whether their employees can find temporary work elsewhere? Maybe I've misread.

• Sick
Reactions: 5

I thought you could?

Reactions: 2
I thought you could?
I thought you could, as long as it was outside your contract hours? So if Dave is contracted to work 10pm-7am, then he could get a job during the day. I’m sure that’s what Martin Lewis said

There are pilots who have been furloughed and are now taking up jobs delivering groceries for supermarkets so I think it’s up to the company if you can?

I thought you could, as long as it was outside your contract hours? So if Dave is contracted to work 10pm-7am, then he could get a job during the day. I’m sure that’s what Martin Lewis said
You can work for another company if you are furloughed unless your company stipulates otherwise.

You just have to ensure you can go back to your original employer in the timescales set out. My employer is calling people back from furlough with 24 hours notice so you could get another job but would have to be able to give it up with 24 hours notice if needed.

And I guess if you got a job outside your contracted hours it actually wouldn’t even matter.

Reactions: 2
The most excited I’ve ever seen Dave about this pregnancy was when he thought he’d have to isolate because she was knocked up.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
You can work for another company if you are furloughed unless your company stipulates otherwise.

You just have to ensure you can go back to your original employer in the timescales set out. My employer is calling people back from furlough with 24 hours notice so you could get another job but would have to be able to give it up with 24 hours notice if needed.

And I guess if you got a job outside your contracted hours it actually wouldn’t even matter.
Yeah the majority of people who used to work in theatre are now working in supermarkets, many have said they don’t even mind if it clashes with theatre hours given that theatres aren’t likely to be open until Autumn at the earliest. You just have to be prepared to return to work for your furloughed job as a priority.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.