Sophie and Dave #4 Dave’s still so flabby, Sophie’s so grabby, they're not ready for the babby!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think the lack of prep is due to superstition/not wanting to tempt fate. Didn’t they announce their pregnancy quite early (before 12 weeks) so they hardly seem plagued by doubt...

It will be a big baby cos Dave is big. It shouldn’t be a shock to them. I’m pretty tall for a woman so of course we weren’t surprised when our son was big- he was unlikely to be petite!
Not always true and a bit of a myth, I'm a very big girl and my boy weighed 6 and a half pounds, he was diddy!

Reactions: 1
you have a really unflattering photo of brogan as your DP, she could be suffering from depression, every influencer could 😐 as I said I’m not having a go at you! Just that excuse.

She seemed to love pregnancy and “it” until she found it “it” wasn’t a girl they could dress up as a Disney princess.

“we only see small clips of their life”

😐 I really, really hate that sentence 🤣😂🤣
We see the period she’s out of bed, probably a good 20 minutes,
And we don’t see more because she couldn’t be arsed doing her daily vlogs.
Not when she has the Nintendo Switch,

look at her Instagram, she doesn’t even make her own tea 🤣 Dave does it!!
I’m sure I’m not the only person with a picture of an influencer as my DP and I’m really not sure what Brogans Photo has got to do with me saying that Sophie could have depression 😂
You also say you aren’t having a go at me but seem to be taking offence at me offering a different view point from your own?

If you take a look at my original post I said ‘Anyone else think she could have AN depression?’ This was a question. It wasn’t a statement. I didn’t say she did have depression, I asked could it be a possibility. If I had said she definitely had depression then I could understand your frustration but I didn’t. I questioned it.

I don’t actually think this conversation is going to be beneficial to the rest of the page so I’m leaving it at that :)

Reactions: 10
I don’t think the lack of prep is due to superstition/not wanting to tempt fate. Didn’t they announce their pregnancy quite early (before 12 weeks) so they hardly seem plagued by doubt...
I thought this too. They couldn't wait to spill the beans.

Reactions: 5
I'm trying to figure out who is going to drive her to the hospital when shes in labour??? Also she hasnt even bothered to buy things for her hospital bag. I follow a couple of mummy bloggers who are pregnant and buying stuff at the moment it's not arriving next day and taking a while to arrive.
Sophie cop on and get your stuff together for your baby. A baby that you've longed for for a long time. Sit down and have a serious talk with Dave and tell him it's time to start providing for his family. Get out and get a job even if it's just in the local supermarket

Reactions: 10
Sorry but they have to get on with it, that baby is coming whether they are prepared or not. No point crying over a situation they can't control at the mo. These two are infuriating, just wanna give them a good shake.

Reactions: 8
I'm trying to figure out who is going to drive her to the hospital when shes in labour??? Also she hasnt even bothered to buy things for her hospital bag. I follow a couple of mummy bloggers who are pregnant and buying stuff at the moment it's not arriving next day and taking a while to arrive.
Sophie cop on and get your stuff together for your baby. A baby that you've longed for for a long time. Sit down and have a serious talk with Dave and tell him it's time to start providing for his family. Get out and get a job even if it's just in the local supermarket
exactly this. I placed an order on boots for some things I needed towards the end of March and it hasn’t arrived yet... where is she going to buy certain things she may need after giving birth such as pads and other things to sooth afterwards. Has anyone even told her that although she might not find childbirth painful... peeing afterwards is hell.

Supermarkets sell maternity pads and stuff like that. I'm sure we'll have a fun vlog of Dave stood in that aisle of the shop looking confused and making inappropriate jokes.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Well Mummy obvs. Since Mummy does literally everything else for that pair of numpties.

Reactions: 7
Anyone else think she could possibly have AN depression? Their circumstances have changed a lot since Sophie got pregnant and I doubt this is how they would have wanted their first pregnancy to go. Either way, I hope she doesn’t and it’s just down to bone idleness.
The thing that baffles me about these two is that they KNEW their circumstances were going to change before they decided to try for a baby. They KNEW Dave's contract was coming to an end. They KNEW this meant they would probably have to give their house up. Their finances didn't change overnight. Yet they got pregnant regardless. If I was in their shoes I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. The lack of forward thinking is mind-boggling.

Given that Dave's career choice has a huge lack of job security Sophie should have(a very long time ago) taken on the mantle of primary breadwinner, even if that meant working FT in a minimum wage job. If she had they would likely still have a home and be able to afford all the things you need for a new baby. It is very sad that they are unable to enjoy this pregnancy and it is all of their own doing.

Reactions: 14
Thing is you know for a fine fact Sophie would be going crazy buying stuff if it was a girl. She would be buying everything pink in sight.

Also I'm 5ft 2 and was a size 8 during my first pregnancy and my son was almost 9lbs 😂 luckily he came out through the sunroof 👀

petite means nothing when it comes to pregnancy!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Have they not thought about the fact that babies can be born really early, like what if she has some complications and is forced to have the baby in 6 weeks time, they don’t even have a car seat.... I don’t understand why they haven’t got the basics yet! It’s quite scary how this child is about to be born without anything important, like she hasn’t even got bottles incase the baby does latch properly or she can’t breast feed
We bought our car seat early, good thing because the baby was 7 weeks early. The won't let you leave the hospital if the baby isn't in a car seat.
Also there's no need to get bottles if you plan on breastfeeding. They really need to buy some basic clothes, car seat and crib at a minimum.

Reactions: 2
We bought our car seat early, good thing because the baby was 7 weeks early. The won't let you leave the hospital if the baby isn't in a car seat.
Also there's no need to get bottles if you plan on breastfeeding. They really need to buy some basic clothes, car seat and crib at a minimum.
They should buy a few bottles anyway. I planned to breastfeed but physically couldn’t in the end so it was then a mad dash to buy bottles & a steriliser.

Reactions: 11
They should buy a few bottles anyway. I planned to breastfeed but physically couldn’t in the end so it was then a mad dash to buy bottles & a steriliser.
If you plan on breastfeeding you're more likely to give up if you have formula and bottles at home.

Reactions: 1
If you plan on breastfeeding you're more likely to give up if you have formula and bottles at home.
This is Sophie we're talking about. As soon as she clicks that someone else can do all the work it'll be bottles all the way ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not necessarily, I didn’t give up breastfeeding, I was too physically ill to breastfeed (I was in a coma) & the meds I was on to save my life prevented my milk coming in. Some women cannot physically breastfeed however much they want to.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I agree re the formula, however, I live a 2 minute walk from a co-op. If you live in a rural area or not near any shops then I can see why you might want to be prepared. I’m sure her sister has some bottles she can borrow - most women who breastfeed express at some point and buy a few bottles.
It’s one of those things where some people take to it really easily and it’s a breeze. If that’s the case she’ll probably do it. I can imagine the spawn of Dave being a right guzzler though although I can’t imagine her complaining about being pinned to the sofa for hours...once you’ve cracked breastfeeding it’s a pretty good excuse to be lazy in my experience 😂
I really don’t think I’d have managed breastfeeding if I hadn’t had a straightforward labour. I found it really hard and struggled for 4 months. In my case, I really wanted to do it and became a bit obsessed with it. Not everyone feels that way and that’s ok! And of course some people want to and physically can’t produce enough milk. I think we are all just a bit fascinated by how she will cope either way when she doesn’t seem to have any motivation for anything to begin with!

Reactions: 6
Thing is you know for a fine fact Sophie would be going crazy buying stuff if it was a girl. She would be buying everything pink in sight.

Also I'm 5ft 2 and was a size 8 during my first pregnancy and my son was almost 9lbs 😂 luckily he came out through the sunroof 👀

petite means nothing when it comes to pregnancy!
I hear you!! I'm 5'4, size 8 and my son was a heft 9lbs 10oz, unfortunately he didn't come out of the sun roof 😂
There is more said about the recovery of c-section, for obvious reasons. But even if she has a 'normal' birth does she really think she will skip out with the baby.. No!! It took over a week before I could sit down properly I was in so much pain from tearing (sorry tmi!) When I had a bath I had to sit on my knees 😬 it's very difficult to recover when you have a new born and can't rest!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.