Sophie and Dave #4 Dave’s still so flabby, Sophie’s so grabby, they're not ready for the babby!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did! He’s most likely just blocked me.

cant believe he wants a hole gym when he’s not even got a home! Just eat a salad ffs and go and buy some nappies!

I just wish they would be real and create some real content addressing issues which other people are also going through.

Reactions: 10
Have they not thought about the fact that babies can be born really early, like what if she has some complications and is forced to have the baby in 6 weeks time, they don’t even have a car seat.... I don’t understand why they haven’t got the basics yet! It’s quite scary how this child is about to be born without anything important, like she hasn’t even got bottles incase the baby does latch properly or she can’t breast feed

Reactions: 7
I can't be the only woman who went to my midwife appointments alone? My partner came to all of the scans and to one appointment because my car broke down, I needed a lift and he was bored waiting for me in the car 😂. And the reason for that, which is something that might BLOW THEIR MINDS, is that he has a job. A JOB OF ALL THINGS. I want to shake the pair of them regarding a travel system and a cot and various other things, Sophie is 28 weeks this week and my boy made his appearance at 35 weeks bang on 😖, it's really not very long now.

Reactions: 11
Have they not thought about the fact that babies can be born really early, like what if she has some complications and is forced to have the baby in 6 weeks time, they don’t even have a car seat.... I don’t understand why they haven’t got the basics yet! It’s quite scary how this child is about to be born without anything important, like she hasn’t even got bottles incase the baby does latch properly or she can’t breast feed
Well if the baby is on the 97th centile, there’s a good chance she might have it early, it could be gestational diabetes and then they will likely intervene which means that 12 weeks might only be 9 weeks.

Reactions: 5
And whilst I'm on a roll, you'd get £150-£200 for that playstation if it's in decent nick, grow up and provide for that baby any way you can.

Nope definitely aren’t. My Husband has a job where he isn’t local so wouldn’t be able to just pop back for an appointment

For two parents who don’t seem to care about buying stuff for their child they really want a pity party about the appointment situation.

I had complications in my last pregnancy so went for additional scans and my husband didn’t come to those because he couldn’t get the time off and we’d had lots of scans anyway with the private ones we’d had. It’s life, it’s hard enough at times having to keep asking for the time off yourself let alone your husband having it off. Also Midwife appointments are pretty boring, mine this time around were very short and as soon as I was under a consultant I didn’t see my Midwife again. TBH Dave doesn’t really need to go at all, it’s not even like he’s driving Sophie.

Does she not see that she’s actually quite lucky that Dave has been to all her scans with her? I have a friend who is going for her first scan on Monday, first baby and her husband can’t come in with her. I feel gutted for her, but she’s very much, it sucks for everyone and it’s part of their story.

Reactions: 6
Nope definitely aren’t. My Husband has a job where he isn’t local so wouldn’t be able to just pop back for an appointment

For two parents who don’t seem to care about buying stuff for their child they really want a pity party about the appointment situation.

I had complications in my last pregnancy so went for additional scans and my husband didn’t come to those because he couldn’t get the time off and we’d had lots of scans anyway with the private ones we’d had. It’s life, it’s hard enough at times having to keep asking for the time off yourself let alone your husband having it off. Also Midwife appointments are pretty boring, mine this time around were very short and as soon as I was under a consultant I didn’t see my Midwife again. TBH Dave doesn’t really need to go at all, it’s not even like he’s driving Sophie.

Does she not see that she’s actually quite lucky that Dave has been to all her scans with her? I have a friend who is going for her first scan on Monday, first baby and her husband can’t come in with her. I feel gutted for her, but she’s very much, it sucks for everyone and it’s part of their story.
I thought that, why would he want to go in and watch a midwife test her pee 😂. She's unbelievably fortunate to be in the position that she's in, waited on hand and foot with no responsibility. It's not even her fortune that infuriates me it's that she throws herself this pity party regardless.

Reactions: 9
I thought that, why would he want to go in and watch a midwife test her pee 😂. She's unbelievably fortunate to be in the position that she's in, waited on hand and foot with no responsibility. It's not even her fortune that infuriates me it's that she throws herself this pity party regardless.
Yes for me too it’s the pity party. I can’t stand it and she wrinkles her forehead like oh poor me I’m the only person ever to be going through this.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

This is like me. My husband isn’t allowed into any scans with me and my midwife appointments are over the phone rather than in person. This is our first baby and will probably be our last.

As much as we TTP out of Sophie and Dave I have to agree that it’s a pretty scary time to be having a baby. I can’t help feeling a little bit sorry for them but I do think there is a lot they could be doing to help there situation.
They are very lucky to be living with her family and to have that support around them. I understand that some couples don’t want to buy baby things until last minute out of superstition (my own family do this, things like the cot and push chair are stored at a relatives home until literally the baby is about to be out) but for a couple who have wanted and planned for a baby for a while I thought they would at least have a list or some ideas of what they are going to get.
Anyone else think she could possibly have AN depression? Their circumstances have changed a lot since Sophie got pregnant and I doubt this is how they would have wanted their first pregnancy to go. Either way, I hope she doesn’t and it’s just down to bone idleness.

Reactions: 3
At least he got to attend the first couple of scans with her. I’m 16 weeks and I’ve not met my midwife nor has my husband been to the scans, nor will he likely get to. I feel down in the dumps about it, yes. But as long as our baby is happy and healthy in the end that’s all that matters!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
This is like me. My husband isn’t allowed into any scans with me and my midwife appointments are over the phone rather than in person. This is our first baby and will probably be our last.

As much as we TTP out of Sophie and Dave I have to agree that it’s a pretty scary time to be having a baby. I can’t help feeling a little bit sorry for them but I do think there is a lot they could be doing to help there situation.
They are very lucky to be living with her family and to have that support around them. I understand that some couples don’t want to buy baby things until last minute out of superstition (my own family do this, things like the cot and push chair are stored at a relatives home until literally the baby is about to be out) but for a couple who have wanted and planned for a baby for a while I thought they would at least have a list or some ideas of what they are going to get.
Anyone else think she could possibly have AN depression? Their circumstances have changed a lot since Sophie got pregnant and I doubt this is how they would have wanted their first pregnancy to go. Either way, I hope she doesn’t and it’s just down to bone idleness.
To be fair it's always a pity party with Princess Sophie. Nothing is ever as perfect as she had imagined it to be so the "poor little me" act has already been played out a thousand times with her.

I think this is the fundamental difference between her and her sister. Both want a fairytale life but one of them lies in bed moaning that this isn't the life she wanted and the other one pulls up her socks and makes the dream a reality.

She's always been bone idle, slept most of the day and moaned non stop so there's no change in her usual behaviour at the moment.

She clearly isn’t wearing any sort of sun cream when she’s out in the garden which is slightly concerning...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
She clearly isn’t wearing any sort of sun cream when she’s out in the garden which is slightly concerning...
Her skin is incredibly sun damaged. Have you noticed her hands? They're like the hands of an old woman! She clearly doesn't look after her skin properly. She's going to age quickly and badly.

oh please, please, please don’t start this narrative....😂🤣😂🤣

why is there always an excuse 🤦‍♀️ This is her personality!

Maybe Dave has depression, maybe that’s why he has a weight problem and can’t say the word “family” correctly 😬

Maybe chip has depression,
maybe that’s why he’s getting a bit porkie lately.

not having a go at you 😉 but “depression” thrown at crappy behavior or a lazy attitude isn’t fair on people who do suffer from depression!

Reactions: 16
oh please, please, please don’t start this narrative....😂🤣😂🤣

why is there always an excuse 🤦‍♀️ This is her personality!

Maybe Dave has depression, maybe that’s why he has a weight problem and can’t say the word “family” correctly 😬

Maybe chip has depression,
maybe that’s why he’s getting a bit porkie lately.

not having a go at you 😉 but “depression” thrown at crappy behavior or a lazy attitude isn’t fair on people who do suffer from depression!
I wasn’t excusing her behaviour. I didn’t actually say she HAD depression, I said COULD she have depression. Pregnancy is a life changing thing that some people really love and some struggle with.
We are seeing small clips of their life so we don’t know how she’s feeling.

I wasn’t excusing her behaviour. I didn’t actually say she HAD depression, I said COULD she have depression. Pregnancy is a life changing thing that some people really love and some struggle with.
I can’t help but if she was, it’s her own doing, they’ve made themselves homeless, Dave can’t drive and hasn’t had any intention before now to do it, they haven’t bought anything for the baby because they can’t afford it because Sophie can’t stick hard work and they’ve pissed all their saving on pointless crap like more maternity clothing. They’re more worried about themselves than the baby

Her skin is incredibly sun damaged. Have you noticed her hands? They're like the hands of an old woman! She clearly doesn't look after her skin properly. She's going to age quickly and badly.
I always think this. Her face is so wrinkly for someone of her age!

Reactions: 4
you have a really unflattering photo of brogan as your DP, she could be suffering from depression, every influencer could 😐 as I said I’m not having a go at you! Just that excuse.

She seemed to love pregnancy and “it” until she found it “it” wasn’t a girl they could dress up as a Disney princess.

“we only see small clips of their life”

😐 I really, really hate that sentence 🤣😂🤣
We see the period she’s out of bed, probably a good 20 minutes,
And we don’t see more because she couldn’t be arsed doing her daily vlogs.
Not when she has the Nintendo Switch,

look at her Instagram, she doesn’t even make her own tea 🤣 Dave does it!!

I don’t think the lack of prep is due to superstition/not wanting to tempt fate. Didn’t they announce their pregnancy quite early (before 12 weeks) so they hardly seem plagued by doubt...

It will be a big baby cos Dave is big. It shouldn’t be a shock to them. I’m pretty tall for a woman so of course we weren’t surprised when our son was big- he was unlikely to be petite!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.