Sophie and Dave #23 Sophs head is all Florida dreams, she’s killing Dave with icecreams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People would be slightly more sympathetic towards Dave if he wasn’t such an arrogant know it all. The man is pushing 30 stone and has been for a long time. They are limiting their brand because what does someone at nearly 30 stone represent in terms of brands. Now weight is so personal and I know many people where it has been a life long battle but this man has had access to all the tools necessary, has no job and still doesn’t seem to appreciate the urgency of it. Then he wonders why he’s ill all the time?!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
People would be slightly more sympathetic towards Dave if he wasn’t such an arrogant know it all. The man is pushing 30 stone and has been for a long time. They are limiting their brand because what does someone at nearly 30 stone represent in terms of brands. Now weight is so personal and I know many people where it has been a life long battle but this man has had access to all the tools necessary, has no job and still doesn’t seem to appreciate the urgency of it. Then he wonders why he’s ill all the time?!
I struggle with my weight, but if I didn't have to go into work, and had the luxury of having all that free time to work out, I would look like a god dam fitness model by now!
I know they have a baby, but there is 2 of them, neither of which work, so if he really wanted to, he could do a full on REAL workout every day and shed the weight.
He also had the luxury of time for meal prepping and doing a proper weekly meal plan, and yet still goes to McDonald's.

Starting to think he doesn't join a real gym purely because he knows people will try and tell him how to do things properly or because he can go to a real gym in his crocs, workout for ten minutes and then have snacks

Reactions: 12
I have been watching Britain's shut ins on Ch4 some are much smaller than Dave
I have been watching this too. That reality isn’t too far into the future if he carries on and then that would be an embarrassment. His wife having to wash him like that. Looking at Soaf I can’t believe she picked Dave to be her forever husband. Or this was her plan to be so manipulative and cruel.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Why is she throwing a peg for Barney across the floor like he's a dog? Fetch Barney! 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Why is she throwing a peg for Barney across the floor like he's a dog? Fetch Barney! 🙄
She's getting him trained up early for when he's older, " Barney fetch me the remote control, Barney fetch me a lint roller, Barney fetch me some stew" ;)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I feel so sorry for Barney.
His future will be-
Him being constantly late for school
Him missing out on school trips because he's either late or Sophie hasn't left money for it because she's buying herself more crap from asda
His school uniform being constantly unironed and covered in dog hair
Not having friends rounds for play dates because the parents will take one look in the house and not wanting their children hanging round Sophie and daves hair covered, filthy house
Him not being invited to play dates for same reason
Him being late for any birthdays
And from lack of their parents being social, them not letting him be social, and him having no one to invite or come to his birthdays

• Sad
Reactions: 19
The thing is (and I really hope they do read here) the best way to lose weight is to eat less, simple. I am 6ft and did weigh 16st3 and in the last three weeks have been using a free app to track what I am eating and sets a goal of what I should be eating calorie wise. I don't track at the weekend, I hate exercise and only do the odd walk to please my wife. I have lost 8lbs in 3 weeks I have gone from technically obese to now overweight (which to be honest I would have classified myself as) and to be honest with you I haven't really noticed. To keep that amount of weight he has he must be eating a stupid amount of food and the wrong foods (it is surprising when some foods are high in calories) and there is no excuse for being the weight he is.

Reactions: 13
The thing is (and I really hope they do read here) the best way to lose weight is to eat less, simple. I am 6ft and did weigh 16st3 and in the last three weeks have been using a free app to track what I am eating and sets a goal of what I should be eating calorie wise. I don't track at the weekend, I hate exercise and only do the odd walk to please my wife. I have lost 8lbs in 3 weeks I have gone from technically obese to now overweight (which to be honest I would have classified myself as) and to be honest with you I haven't really noticed. To keep that amount of weight he has he must be eating a stupid amount of food and the wrong foods (it is surprising when some foods are high in calories) and there is no excuse for being the weight he is.
I think it’s a bad idea that they suddenly have an air fryer because they seem to be making chips all the time. He needs to preop his own meals because Sophie won’t.

Reactions: 9
I think it’s a bad idea that they suddenly have an air fryer because they seem to be making chips all the time. He needs to preop his own meals because Sophie won’t.
Air fried chips aren't actually too bad, depending on how many you have, but processed food generally is really bad but again in moderation can be OK. One thing they could do and actually vlog it (I know that it might actually be content for them and the stew would have to take a back seat) is learning to cook. As a student I lived on chicken chargrills and had a really bad diet. I learnt to cook by just trying recipes when my wife and I got together and now think I am a pretty decent cook, no masterchef, but people enjoy my food and not one of them being my own creation just find recipes I like and like cooking.

Reactions: 8
Learning to cook would take effort and neither of them are very good on that front 🙄

Air fried chips aren't actually too bad, depending on how many you have, but processed food generally is really bad but again in moderation can be OK. One thing they could do and actually vlog it (I know that it might actually be content for them and the stew would have to take a back seat) is learning to cook. As a student I lived on chicken chargrills and had a really bad diet. I learnt to cook by just trying recipes when my wife and I got together and now think I am a pretty decent cook, no masterchef, but people enjoy my food and not one of them being my own creation just find recipes I like and like cooking.
Almost like they had the chance to beg for an extended partnership with hello fresh and could have angled this at them..... but no lazy and sloth can’t get their brains in gear

Oh he annoys me so much with the weight loss thing. I've struggled with my weight my whole life and he is the first person I've came across that I have absolutely no sympathy what so ever for in regards to weight loss. He has every opportunity to focus on himself and be real about his journey and make a life changing difference but in reality we've heard of about 50 different weight loss journeys, no accountability for the amount he eats and bragging story's on Instagram about his "gains" honestly Dave get a grip, you're not in the position to get away with any gains until you get your head out the sand and lost the 200lbs first. The fact he outright denies that he has 200lb to lose despite us physically seeing that he does is beyond belief. He can't be helped. I think he'll lose maybe 3 stone eventually, go on holiday and realise he's still morbidly obese and can't fit on anything still, eat his way through Disney and come back fatter than ever but not address it. He's a heart attack waiting to happen. I can emphasise and sympathize with anyone struggling to lose weight, as long as they are self aware and know what size they are, Dave thinks hes mr muscle and obviously doesn't picture himself like people on documentaries when in reality he could easily be on one of those shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh he annoys me so much with the weight loss thing. I've struggled with my weight my whole life and he is the first person I've came across that I have absolutely no sympathy what so ever for in regards to weight loss. He has every opportunity to focus on himself and be real about his journey and make a life changing difference but in reality we've heard of about 50 different weight loss journeys, no accountability for the amount he eats and bragging story's on Instagram about his "gains" honestly Dave get a grip, you're not in the position to get away with any gains until you get your head out the sand and lost the 200lbs first. The fact he outright denies that he has 200lb to lose despite us physically seeing that he does is beyond belief. He can't be helped. I think he'll lose maybe 3 stone eventually, go on holiday and realise he's still morbidly obese and can't fit on anything still, eat his way through Disney and come back fatter than ever but not address it. He's a heart attack waiting to happen. I can emphasise and sympathize with anyone struggling to lose weight, as long as they are self aware and know what size they are, Dave thinks hes mr muscle and obviously doesn't picture himself like people on documentaries when in reality he could easily be on one of those shows.
Yes it's a tricky subject and difficult for most I mean this is the first time in 20 years I have lost anything. People can be what weight they wish and I would not think of criticizing anyone for their weight unless of course they are preaching to me (or even publicly via youtube) that they are going to do something about it and then go completely the wrong way about it and still think they are in the right and so smug about it all. I have to be honest I really want him to lose the weight, get a job, learn to drive and start making something of his life and you know what I wouldn't even begrudge them a gifted Disney trip if he did all those things but with both of them it's just empty promises and then getting passive aggressive or sanctimonious when people question them on it.

Reactions: 7
I don’t follow these but I dip in and out of here (Dave makes me gag).

I swear the last time I looked he was going to lose weight when Sophie was pregnant and then after she gave birth they made the song and dance about getting fit. Well Sophie did, he seemed deathly silent on the matter from what I remember but what a better time to do it than in lockdown!? They had all the time in the world to cook healthy meals and get out for walks with the pram.

Reactions: 8
What gets my goat is when people (me included) try to offer him advice on eating less and moving more and getting cardio in to lose weight and we get a sneering reply saying he knows what he’s doing and that he is weight lifting and is losing from that. He’s lost NOTHING he’s piling the pounds on daily, he says he’s doing 10k on walks but if he was then the weight would be dropping off. A tattler living locally sees the tiny round the block walk the poor dog gets.

I lost a ton of weight in the past (approx 8-9 stone maybe) purely from walking more and eating less. I’m back on a weight loss journey now, my sister has been on one since last year and has lost 4.5 stone from changing her diet, walking lots and doing multiple different exercise classes online. She is my inspiration now.

It CAN be done but the first step is realising how big you are and what got you that way, accepting that and making a realistic plan to change and then doing it.

The thing is, for Dave that’s too anti what he loves. No McFlurries and middle of the night bagels, no scoffing whatever it is else that he eats that’s got him to this size and loads of real exercise.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.