Sophie and Dave #10 Dave relaxing 4 all he's worth, he deserves it after his miracle birth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolute tosh about them both having consistently held down full-time jobs.

The maximum I've ever known Sophie to work is a 30-hour week and that was for about 3 months or so when they were in Basingstoke. Before that, she worked on average a 20-25 hour week when she was front of house at the theatre in London. And as we know, she barely worked the whole year Dave was on tour with The Play that Goes Wrong - a couple of shifts in a call centre, a few in a bar, and that was it. Pathetic.

It's all coming out now how she didn't like her job at the school in Basingstoke. Funny that, cos I'm pretty sure she lied through her teeth at the time, then, saying she was really enjoying it.
Sophie is the most work shy person I’ve ever come across. She wants to live the housewife life with a rich husband proving for her and all the children she wants to pop out. She can’t even keep up with YouTube on the joint and her personal channel because she is so lazy. Somehow, she just hasn’t quite realised Dave isn’t the person who is going to provide this for her. He is never going to be a successful actor and he is as bad as her when it comes to doing anything else. As I’ve said many times, he could have looked for a different job, or if there are no night shifts in his old job. Why’s that a bad thing? Surely it’s better for him to be out at work in the day and then together in the evenings? The pair of them should be ashamed of themselves

Reactions: 20
Dave obviously thinks that any job that doesn't involve being a West End star is beneath him :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Each to their own but this just screams of laziness. Why does he need to work night shifts? There are loads of other things he could do, even part time. They may be able to afford it now but what about the future? I could afford to be a stay at home mum just now but choose to work to save for our future and retirement etc. I genuinely worry what they will do in a few years when YouTube is over.

Reactions: 17
I can’t even be arsed to watch the flog, I’ve just had a read through of the comments 🙈
Why the hell are they all congratulating them on becoming full time Youtubers? I’m not shading him for it because I’ve been on furlough too however, Dave hasn’t actually worked since the end of March so what exactly is going to be different?!
And he got the job in February so only actually worked for the grand total of one month. Woooop go Dave!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Even their bestie youtube mates Jade and Matt Billington both have jobs? How the hell are these two expecting to live off a youtube wage?| way bigger channel owners still work and state that they wouldnt be able to live off a youtube wage alone and they dont even have kids??

Reactions: 18
I've thought before they must be claiming universal credit (I've had to during last few months as a temp measure so no shade) but they will be getting rent covered plus a decent bit of extra. Add on a but of yt revenue and there's no way dave will want to get off his ass and work.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
They are for sure claiming every benefit known to man. No way they can afford to live in that house buying the expensive tit they do on £1k a month. Absolutely disgusting. There's nothing stopping Dave looking for work apart from sheer laziness.

Oh and good luck fitting behind the steering wheel of any car.

Reactions: 16
Bad timing to publish this vlog on Bank Holiday Monday just as the rest of us suckers are getting ready to head back to work tomorrow.

Reactions: 14
But to claim benefits, Dave at least, surely must be ‘actively seeking work’?

Bad timing to publish this vlog on Bank Holiday Monday just as the rest of us suckers are getting ready to head back to work tomorrow.
I’m sure most of the ‘flamily’ are 15/16 year olds and then there’s poor old Mary in the States

Reactions: 11
Depends what type, I know they merged a lot of them but if it was disability benefit I think it’s different (I don’t think he is on disability benefit either?)
My sister used to work in retail and had a massive problem with those who were on job seekers, they’d get interviews but not turn up because they just had to state what they’d done that week

they’ll automatically be eligible for child benefit? But not working tax credits? I can’t remember which way it goes but everyone gets one type but it’s now limited to the first children and is not very much

Reactions: 1

I’m sure most of the ‘flamily’ are 15/16 year olds and then there’s poor old Mary in the States
Im guessing he is down as 16 hours self employed? There's no minimum income floor currently

Reactions: 2
But to claim benefits, Dave at least, surely must be ‘actively seeking work
All he needs to do are a few substandard online applications and voila! We get it all the time at work, it's blatently obvious the ones that are are applying to get their quota of applications, they don't even bother trying to answer the questions.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
LOL at Dave saying his agent is actively looking for a TV or theatre part for him. Ok Dave you big Hollywood star! Get a bleeping job.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
LOL at Dave saying his agent is actively looking for a TV or theatre part for him. Ok Dave you big Hollywood star! Get a bleeping job.
Yeah and my agent is currently in talks with Spielberg about a few exciting projects in the next few months 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I've thought before they must be claiming universal credit (I've had to during last few months as a temp measure so no shade) but they will be getting rent covered plus a decent bit of extra. Add on a but of yt revenue and there's no way dave will want to get off his ass and work.
Surely they’d have to declare YouTube earnings as income though? And whilst they don’t seem to earn much from their videos. They have done a couple of adds which will add to a bit more income for them? Plus any aff links etc.

I’d guess they could make up to £20k a year from YouTube, given that those with subs around the 70k mark seem to earn around mid 30s. This can’t sustain the three of them though- especially with rent being so much more than a mortgage.

I’m guessing they have their rose tinted glasses on and are probably thinking they can release 4x pins per year and they will all make them 10k + around 20k YouTube earnings puts them at 60k a year - which would be plenty to cover them and Sophie’s expensive taste.

Reactions: 8
Wonder if there will be Santa's grottoes in the shops and garden centres this year ? Dave would be a shoe in for Father Christmas !

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.