Sophie and Dave #10 Dave relaxing 4 all he's worth, he deserves it after his miracle birth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dave, you're not a YouTube superstar, you need to go back to work. Seriously, what has he actually done the past month apart from wash a couple of dishes and cut Sophie slices of cake.
Same as he's done his whole life. Sat on his fat arse doing sweet duck all.

Reactions: 11
it’s killing me that these goons won’t address Dave’s job .. Dave , it’s so clear you’ve quit or been sacked .. just address it already !!

Reactions: 15
How can they both not have a full time job but afford rent, bills and a new baby?!

Reactions: 13
£10k pin sales, ad revenue, government handouts and sponsorships I guess. We'll get another pin sale before Christmas I bet.

Reactions: 6
I really don't understand why he is staying up late playing the PlayStation when Barney is asleep? I get that he needs fed through the night but surely whoever is on the feeding shift could just wake up when it is time.

I just don't understand what his ambition for life is.

I'm not saying everyone wants to be doctors and lawyers(I don't) but he seems happy to do nothing for the foreseeable. Setting up a home gym doesn't count as a job.

He said a few months ago he was keen to get back into acting but I don't understand how that will work. What character would he be cast as apart from the bigger Blues Brother.

Say what you will about other YouTubers like Jade and Matt (I can't stand them) but they have other aspirations and commitments apart from a half hearted YouTube channel.

Eventually and hopefully the YouTube bubble will burst for alot of these channels and I just wonder what they will do in the future.

Reactions: 10
Dave might still be on furlough and getting 80% of his wages paid .. Boris and pins are funding this tit show
If he is still on furlough that will be winding down now, with August being 75%, September being 70% and October being 60% (I think). They can’t rely on that. I still find it hard to believe he’d be put on furlough though considering he’d only been in the job a few weeks when it all happened.

Reactions: 5
The furlough dropping is just how much the employer has to pay the employee will maintain getting 80% until October. Just means some companies might do redundancies if they can’t afford the bigger chunks they have to put towards it.

Reactions: 4
I had to come on here and say something about the talk regarding Dave’s job and the furlough. Please note that this in no way condones Dave’s general laziness at home or in life.

There’s a few posts that suggests Dave still being on furlough is him being lazy, or the fact he is on furlough is his fault, or that they can’t believe he’s still on furlough so therefore he is lying and has quit his job.

First of all, I know plenty of people that are still genuinely on furlough that are good and long-standing employees at well respected companies. But those companies are just deciding to take advantage of the ‘system’ while it’s available.

Dave may genuinely have no news about his job, that’s why he’s not saying anything. My mum has been on furlough since April, and just gets a short email from HR every few weeks to say that her office are continuing on furlough and they will stay in touch if anything changes.

And it’s not like you can just walk into your office and demand that you want to work!

Yes, Dave could do a A LOT more to provide for his family, at home and in his career generally, and I think the birth of Barney has only exaggerated that.

But to look down on him because he’s accepting furlough money that he is fully entitled to (like millions have done, including myself) is a bit of a stretch.

I had to come on here and say something about the talk regarding Dave’s job and the furlough. Please note that this in no way condones Dave’s general laziness at home or in life.

There’s a few posts that suggests Dave still being on furlough is him being lazy, or the fact he is on furlough is his fault, or that they can’t believe he’s still on furlough so therefore he is lying and has quit his job.

First of all, I know plenty of people that are still genuinely on furlough that are good and long-standing employees at well respected companies. But those companies are just deciding to take advantage of the ‘system’ while it’s available.

Dave may genuinely has no news about his job, that’s why he’s not saying anything. My mum has been on furlough since April, and just gets a short email from HR every few weeks to say that her office are continuing on furlough and they will stay in touch if anything changes.

And it’s not like you can just walk into your office and demand that you want to work!

Yes, Dave could do a A LOT more to provide for his family, at home and in his career generally, and I think the birth of Barney has only exaggerated that.

But to look down on him because he’s accepting furlough money that he is fully entitled too (like millions have done, including myself) is a bit of a stretch.
I agree with you, the biggest problem is, they aren’t saying he’s still on furlough, they’ve ignored it all, which is where the speculation is, if he was still on furlough I imagine they’d say so, but I think he was either asked to leave (made redundant) or he quite

Reactions: 12

Dave may genuinely have no news about his job, that’s why he’s not saying anything. My mum has been on furlough since April, and just gets a short email from HR every few weeks to say that her office are continuing on furlough and they will stay in touch if anything changes.

But to look down on him because he’s accepting furlough money that he is fully entitled to (like millions have done, including myself) is a bit of a stretch.
Yes but so many people are asking about it it's not hard to reply to a comment saying my office have my furloughed still.

Reactions: 8
Attempting to moderate, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
I agree with you, the biggest problem is, they aren’t saying he’s still on furlough, they’ve ignored it all, which is where the speculation is, if he was still on furlough I imagine they’d say so, but I think he was either asked to leave (made redundant) or he quite
As I said, he probably has nothing new to say, if he is genuinely just being carried on with the furlough.

Also (I understand they are vloggers and therefore have jeopardised their privacy) it’s not really our right to demand every detail of his employment and receive regular updates.

£10k pin sales, ad revenue, government handouts and sponsorships I guess. We'll get another pin sale before Christmas I bet.
10k is not a lot of money really, only like 6 month wage give or take. I don't see how they could of afforded to rent that nice house if neither have a steady job and Dave's on furlough. Seems a risk to rent to them. They must be making alot from YT/ads.

Reactions: 2
As I said, he probably has nothing new to say, if he is genuinely just being carried on with the furlough.

Also (I understand they are vloggers and therefore have jeopardised their privacy) it’s not really our right to demand every detail of his employment and receive regular updates.
What??! Their fans who have bought pins have EVERY right to know what he’s doing to provide for his family! This namby pamby approach to him is what makes him a lazy fucker! 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 27

I really don't think anyone has made a remark about him being on furlough as a negative or lazy thing?
It was that he could be doing a lot more around the house to help out such as cooking better meals, sorting the blinds out, put washing away, attempting to book driving lessons for example.
No one is saying that being furloughed is lazy, like you say, it's not like you can demand to work.

And I do think if you choose to show your newborn baby and house etc daily and want people to be part of the 'flamily', he could just say 'a few of you have been asking and yes I'm still on furlough or no, I decided to give it up because that's the best for me at the moment'.

Reactions: 16

They also regularly use every aspect of their lives as click bait for views, so there is definitely something fishy going on! If he’d been made redundant I’m sure we’d know about it!

Considering Sophie vlogged about her 'cheesy nipples' ( :sick: ) in pregnancy, I don't think it's any great intrusion of their privacy for those watching the vlogs to wonder what Dave's job situation is, and ask about it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Attempting to moderate, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
What??! Their fans who have bought pins have EVERY right to know what he’s doing to provide for his family! This namby pamby approach to him is what makes him a lazy fucker! 😡
I clearly stated in my post that I do not condone his behaviour, and fully agree with everybody on here that he needs to step up for his family and is not anything close to what a husband and father should be.

I also never mentioned the fans or the pin money. A fool is quickly separated from his money, and if their fans want to be conned into financing their lazy-ass lifestyle then that’s up to them. And I don’t think stans care about his job status anyway.

Let’s be clear about this, it’s obvious what’s going on and we don’t need to be demanding an answer from Dave every 5 minutes - there’s only three possible scenarios...

1. He’s been sacked - we know this hasn’t happened, else we would have had a click-bait teary vlog about having a new baby and no job.

2. he’s quit his job - this hasn’t happened, anyone with an ounce of intelligence (or Dave’s beggy nature) isn’t going to cut off the meal ticket of 80% pay for no work.

3. he’s on furlough still - the only reasonable conclusion.

Yes he could simply say ‘guys I’m still on furlough’ - but I don’t get why it’s such a big thing that he hasn’t, especially when it’s clearly what’s going on.

Watching Food Network and I keep constantly seeing the ad for Man vs Food, the new guy on it looks so much like Dave that it actually makes me kinda angry seeing it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.