Sophie and Dave #10 Dave relaxing 4 all he's worth, he deserves it after his miracle birth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I clearly stated in my post that I do not condone his behaviour, and fully agree with everybody on here that he needs to step up for his family and is not anything close to what a husband and father should be.

I also never mentioned the fans or the pin money. A fool is quickly separated from his money, and if their fans want to be conned into financing their lazy-ass lifestyle then that’s up to them. And I don’t think stans care about his job status anyway.

Let’s be clear about this, it’s obvious what’s going on and we don’t need to be demanding an answer from Dave every 5 minutes - there’s only three possible scenarios...

1. He’s been sacked - we know this hasn’t happened, else we would have had a click-bait teary vlog about having a new baby and no job.

2. he’s quit his job - this hasn’t happened, anyone with an ounce of intelligence (or Dave’s beggy nature) isn’t going to cut off the meal ticket of 80% pay for no work.

3. he’s on furlough still - the only reasonable conclusion.

Yes he could simply say ‘guys I’m still on furlough’ - but I don’t get why it’s such a big thing that he hasn’t, especially when it’s clearly what’s going on.
Had he been employed there long enough to qualify for the furlough scheme?

Reactions: 3
I clearly stated in my post that I do not condone his behaviour, and fully agree with everybody on here that he needs to step up for his family and is not anything close to what a husband and father should be.

I also never mentioned the fans or the pin money. A fool is quickly separated from his money, and if their fans want to be conned into financing their lazy-ass lifestyle then that’s up to them. And I don’t think stans care about his job status anyway.

Let’s be clear about this, it’s obvious what’s going on and we don’t need to be demanding an answer from Dave every 5 minutes - there’s only three possible scenarios...

1. He’s been sacked - we know this hasn’t happened, else we would have had a click-bait teary vlog about having a new baby and no job.

2. he’s quit his job - this hasn’t happened, anyone with an ounce of intelligence (or Dave’s beggy nature) isn’t going to cut off the meal ticket of 80% pay for no work.

Yes he could simply say ‘guys I’m still on furlough’ - but I don’t get why it’s such a big thing that he hasn’t, especially when it’s clearly what’s going on.
Or maybe it’s option 4. he was asked to return to work and has quit instead because he’s lazy and has zero ambition.

They put their lives on the Internet (and make money from it) so naturally people are going to be curious about all aspects of their life. They are clearly avoiding the question for a reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Do we even know if he had been employed there long enough to be furloughed?
did they actually say he’d been furloughed? I remember the vlog and they said they weren’t sure what was happening with his job. Sophie then said to Dave that he should get 80% but like you say, was he even entitled 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also he said he hadn’t finished his probation 🤷🏻‍♀️

i think he will struggle to get a job at the moment tbh. The rate of unemployment is rocketing and will get worse. The employers that are taking people on will have the pick of the crop. Also, if there is any truth in the government making morbidly obese people quarantine in local lockdowns, would you want to take that risk with Dave?

i don’t know why he bugs me so much, i am so glad he is not my son in law though

Reactions: 6
did they actually say he’d been furloughed? I remember the vlog and they said they weren’t sure what was happening with his job. Sophie then said to Dave that he should get 80% but like you say, was he even entitled 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also he said he hadn’t finished his probation 🤷🏻‍♀️

i think he will struggle to get a job at the moment tbh. The rate of unemployment is rocketing and will get worse. The employers that are taking people on will have the pick of the crop. Also, if there is any truth in the government making morbidly obese people quarantine in local lockdowns, would you want to take that risk with Dave?

i don’t know why he bugs me so much, i am so glad he is not my son in law though
And it's not like he has any decent work experience or skills to offer.

Reactions: 5

Or scenario 4: he’s been asked to return to work and has therefore quit. I think he would do this as he sees himself as a full time co-parent / full time YouTuber / ‘Sophie needs the support’ / he’s taking the time to work on himself in his home gym / he thinks if he rides out Covid, he can go back to the theatre.

I really don't understand why he is staying up late playing the PlayStation when Barney is asleep? I get that he needs fed through the night but surely whoever is on the feeding shift could just wake up when it is time.
I didn’t get this either!!! He said he needs the TV/PlayStation ‘so he doesn’t fall asleep’... why would you deliberately stay awake between feeds? Surely you’d get up, do the feed, make sure the baby is settled and then go back to bed? That way you could try and keep to a ‘normal’ schedule and have plenty of time with your partner and baby? Surely if he’s deliberately staying awake all night, he’ll need to sleep during the day and be on a completely different schedule to the rest of the family?
I’m not saying this is wrong, maybe it just seems odd to me but I’ll do the exact same when I have a baby?
Or is he trying to turn it into a big dramatic reason why he can’t go back to work because he’s up all night?
Parents of Tattle, please enlighten me!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Or scenario 4: he’s been asked to return to work and has therefore quit. I think he would do this as he sees himself as a full time co-parent / full time YouTuber / ‘Sophie needs the support’ / he’s taking the time to work on himself in his home gym / he thinks if he rides out Covid, he can go back to the theatre.

I didn’t get this either!!! He said he needs the TV/PlayStation ‘so he doesn’t fall asleep’... why would you deliberately stay awake between feeds? Surely you’d get up, do the feed, make sure the baby is settled and then go back to bed? That way you could try and keep to a ‘normal’ schedule and have plenty of time with your partner and baby? Surely if he’s deliberately staying awake all night, he’ll need to sleep during the day and be on a completely different schedule to the rest of the family?
I’m not saying this is wrong, maybe it just seems odd to me but I’ll do the exact same when I have a baby?
Or is he trying to turn it into a big dramatic reason why he can’t go back to work because he’s up all night?
To be fair wasn’t his job night shift anyways? Might be getting ready to go back.

Reactions: 1

I don't get it either, it makes no sense but then nothing that pair of layabouts does makes sense.
I know he is still young but babies need teaching night from day and having your baby in the lounge with full lights on and the PlayStation blaring at 2am isn't going to teach Barney that ! We started a night time routine (a very loose one) at around 4 weeks, I swear that's one of the reasons our boy is such an amazing sleeper !

Reactions: 7
If he is still on furlough that will be winding down now, with August being 75%, September being 70% and October being 60% (I think). They can’t rely on that. I still find it hard to believe he’d be put on furlough though considering he’d only been in the job a few weeks when it all happened.
yes you’re dead on

and no they can’t - something has got to give

Reactions: 4

When Soph was breastfeeding he was staying up all night playing PlayStation anyway (he mentioned in a vlog but can't remember which one), what was his reasoning then?

And we all know he was up all night playing TLOU2 for days on end instead of actually getting ready for his baby when there was plenty he could have done. Blinds being one of them.

I’m due to have a baby in a few months so I could be 100% wrong but wouldn’t it be beneficial for Dave to sleep in the evening so he can take care of Barney in the morning so Sophie can rest? Or if he’s going to stay up at least keep Sophie company rather than just dicking about on the play station?

I’m due to have a baby in a few months so I could be 100% wrong but wouldn’t it be beneficial for Dave to sleep in the evening so he can take care of Barney in the morning so Sophie can rest? Or if he’s going to stay up at least keep Sophie company rather than just dicking about on the play station?

It would be beneficial if Dave did ANYTHING.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Perhaps he’s staying awake at night so he can test the effectiveness pf the “energy drinks” he’s advertising during the day 🤷🏻‍♀️🤪

It still feels weird that this applies to me :LOL: I would try and enlighten you but it doesn't make sense to me either.

Pre baby I used to go to bed about 11pm and my husband would stay up until about 1am since he's just naturally a night owl.

Now our baby goes to bed at about 8pm so we try and work it so I go to bed at 10.30pm and then my husband stays up until about midnight, does the dream feed bottle and then comes to bed.

Since he's in work I'm the one who gets up and does the night feed at 3am and then I get up with the baby at 6am. If the baby is having a really bad night I'll go and sit downstairs with him so my husband can sleep since I can nap in the day if I need too. At weekends we take it in turns to have a lie in.

I can imagine with Barney having feeding issues and being low in weight they will be waking him to feed to make sure he gains but Dave could still sleep while Barney sleeps and just set an alarm for when he's due a feed.

I know my husband quite likes having that couple of hours in the evening to play his PlayStation and watch his TV shows that I don't watch. Since having the baby he doesn't get as much time to anymore. If Dave just said he's staying up to have a bit of chill time to himself then fine but don't try and make out like your some sort of super dad.

Reactions: 10
I had to come on here and say something about the talk regarding Dave’s job and the furlough. Please note that this in no way condones Dave’s general laziness at home or in life.

There’s a few posts that suggests Dave still being on furlough is him being lazy, or the fact he is on furlough is his fault, or that they can’t believe he’s still on furlough so therefore he is lying and has quit his job.

First of all, I know plenty of people that are still genuinely on furlough that are good and long-standing employees at well respected companies. But those companies are just deciding to take advantage of the ‘system’ while it’s available.

Dave may genuinely have no news about his job, that’s why he’s not saying anything. My mum has been on furlough since April, and just gets a short email from HR every few weeks to say that her office are continuing on furlough and they will stay in touch if anything changes.

And it’s not like you can just walk into your office and demand that you want to work!

Yes, Dave could do a A LOT more to provide for his family, at home and in his career generally, and I think the birth of Barney has only exaggerated that.

But to look down on him because he’s accepting furlough money that he is fully entitled to (like millions have done, including myself) is a bit of a stretch.

He is very lucky he ever got furlough though (assuming he did). Started that job in the nick of time!!

As I said, he probably has nothing new to say, if he is genuinely just being carried on with the furlough.

Also (I understand they are vloggers and therefore have jeopardised their privacy) it’s not really our right to demand every detail of his employment and receive regular updates.

Doesn't really need anything new to say. Jsat say I am STILL on it. Why not?!

10k is not a lot of money really, only like 6 month wage give or take. I don't see how they could of afforded to rent that nice house if neither have a steady job and Dave's on furlough. Seems a risk to rent to them. They must be making alot from YT/ads.

Parent input maybe too?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I think we all know why Dave stays up during the night, to consume large amounts of biscuits and crisps to feed his junk food habit whilst Sophie Sits in the bedroom feeding barney 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Dave might still be on furlough and getting 80% of his wages paid .. Boris and pins are funding this tit show
Boris isn’t,Tax payers are!!

does anyone know where the idea to design a pin came from 🤔 I’ve watched a few of their vlogs and haven’t seen them collecting pins! was it just a random thought with pound signs in their eyes 💰

Reactions: 2
does anyone know where the idea to design a pin came from 🤔 I’ve watched a few of their vlogs and haven’t seen them collecting pins! was it just a random thought with pound signs in their eyes 💰
[/QUOTE]
They don’t collect pins. I think it started because most of the “flamily fans” found them through the Disney flogs. So was just a cheap/easy way of conning them out of their hard earned money.

Boris isn’t,Tax payers are!!

This is the second time they have sold a pin to fund something they didn't want to work for.

They originally sold a pin to fund their Disney honeymoon (even when I'm typing that it doesn't seem like something that actually happened, haha).

No doubt they will have another pin for sale in a few years, probably with a baby, dog or maybe a Muscle food ready meal on it.

I agree with the comment above, they have never shown any interest in Disney pins or pin trading at theme parks. It was probably just the easiest, cheapest piece of merchandise they could make. They didn't come up with the design, just vaguely explained to the company what they wanted and they done the hard work.

Also, the letters that came with the pin had a quote from Walt Disney on it. The only thing they actually had to do to earn the 10k was sign their name and post the pins.

I was wondering if he stays up because with barney not gaining weight he’s one feeding schedule and doesn’t wake for his feeds so they have to feed him.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.