Something Good That Happened Today...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This will make me sound so pathetic but I reached out to someone and feel like I’ve found a friend and I’m so happy about it. I’ve spoken on here before about how I feel lonely and that I don’t really have anyone other than my partner or family to talk to. I saw a girl I kmew from school share an insta post about feeling lonely so I reached out to her and we’ve been chatting non stop ever since. i Just feel really good

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My baby had a tit sleep this afternoon, id normaly be annoyed id not got everything done I needed to. Dragged everyone out to the local park and pond then took the kids to mcdonalds. Oh and weve all got fresh bedding on 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Roughly this time last week I was about to board a plane out of South Africa, followed by an 18 hour nightmare getting home.

7 days on, and the old idiom that says "There's No Place Like Home!" really rings out to me right now☺

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Roughly this time last week I was about to board a plane out of South Africa, followed by an 18 hour nightmare getting home.

7 days on, and the old idiom that says "There's No Place Like Home!" really rings out to me right now☺
How's things is SA? Was you stuck in the UK?

I just reached my first reward of £5 on shoppix! Going to wait for at least £10 before I cash out but I feel happy, free money!

Reactions: 1
i stuck to my healthy eating plan and had a very successful zoom call with some demanding clients

Reactions: 3
One aspect of knowing when someone really loves you is when you have an "accident", and they're there to help you out and clean up!

Over the last 24 hours I haven't been feeling very well at all, and without going into specifics I've had 2 or 3 "accidents" involving most if not all of my orifices (yeah, I know. TMI). But to my surprise Kate made no fuss, no drama, no complaining about my state. Instead she just did what came naturally and cleaned and redressed me, and then moved onto sorting out the bedroom.

2 hours later everything was back to normal, and she then sat next to me on the bed, gave me a cuddle and a hot drink, and said "Highs or lows, good times or bad. I'll be here for you!"

I let those words sink in and then I started to cry in humble gratitude and happiness; that I had someone there to help me when I needed it most.

That really made my day, and also made me realise that even though she's 24 to my 28 (in ten days time), she's mature beyond her years.

I just hope she doesn't get bored of me once the novelty of being together has worn off, despite being engaged.

But for the moment I am truly happy 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 7
One aspect of knowing when someone really loves you is when you have an "accident", and they're there to help you out and clean up!

Over the last 24 hours I haven't been feeling very well at all, and without going into specifics I've had 2 or 3 "accidents" involving most if not all of my orifices (yeah, I know. TMI). But to my surprise Kate made no fuss, no drama, no complaining about my state. Instead she just did what came naturally and cleaned and redressed me, and then moved onto sorting out the bedroom.

2 hours later everything was back to normal, and she then sat next to me on the bed, gave me a cuddle and a hot drink, and said "Highs or lows, good times or bad. I'll be here for you!"

I let those words sink in and then I started to cry in humble gratitude and happiness; that I had someone there to help me when I needed it most.

That really made my day, and also made me realise that even though she's 24 to my 28 (in ten days time), she's mature beyond her years.

I just hope she doesn't get bored of me once the novelty of being together has worn off, despite being engaged.

oh, that's lovely. All you can wish for really.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

She is really not that young. I was 24 when I got married, my husband is 8 years older than me. We have been married for 16 years. I think you found yourself a keeper!

My Mum got me size 10-12 pjs for Christmas and I didn't fit in them. I've just tried them on and I fit in them 🤣😆

• Heart

Yep, been there with my husband when he was really sick. Honestly, it just doesn't matter when you care that deeply for someone.

Hope you are getting better x

My 8yo finished his school work by 11.30am 🙌🏻 I’m so happy for him 😂♥

We had so much crying last week and Mon/Tues was the same again. Today they’ve swapped a couple of pieces of work so he’s found new enthusiasm and it’s paid off.

He will be spending the rest of the day chilling while I get through day 3 of 4 of looooong tedious work training. But I’ll save that for the pissed me off thread 😉

• Heart
Received a bunch of flowers via Interflora just a few minutes ago. It was from my fiancée, Kate! 👩‍❤️‍👩

I thought it was either an early birthday present or Valentine's gift. But she told me it was to hopefully lift my spirits given that I've been ill, stir-crazy, upset and incredibly moody and difficult to live with these last few days. :rolleyes:

Have no ideas what these flowers are because I wouldn't know a rose from an oak tree, lol. But it was the thought that really counted. That and the accompanying box of Belgium chocolates certainly helped 😄

• Heart
Got a £587.00 cheque from hrmc saying tax owed. No idea why but not complaining.

• Heart
Had a really nice lunch. Had a short chat with my boss on the phone and she seemed to be in good spirits which relieved me immensely because I had convinced myself that she was cross with me for some reason lol. Found some fresh ginger at home that I've forgotten about so now I'm drinking ginger tea :coffee:🖤 I also found money lying on the road yesterday!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My 10 year old has taught me how to change improper fractions into whole numbers and I'm feeling rather chuffed with myself!😆

• Haha
  • Heart
I've been worried for a while about my 11 month old because he's not been really babbling, way more focused on his walking but he's never said mama or dada. Today he said mama and cuddled into me 🥺

• Heart