Something Good That Happened Today...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I managed to get through three weetabix without being interrupted with "muuum, where are my socks/pants/pencils" etc

It was nice to be back in England again, despite the cold weather and the on-going lockdown. There is no place like home!
Welcome back !

Reactions: 1
I finally got my Covid vaccine after missing out on it at work due to poor communication from management. I work in a care home.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My friend is an absolute star!

Not only did she keep an eye on my house and car during my 6 weeks with my parents in South Africa, but she has just brought me another bag of groceries (I'm self isolating), including essentials like chocolate, wine, a cream cake, more chocolate, crisps, rum and raisin ice cream .... oh and milk, eggs, ham, bacon and bread :LOL:

A true friend to have in difficult times 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I got promoted! Due to the pandemic I had written it off and thought it wouldn’t happen but it did!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was always sooooo paranoid about weaning my son. I guess it's because I've always had issues with food myself (an ED when I was in high school) and today I was sat with him while he was munching away eating his cheese, spinach and sweetcorn omelette i had made him for lunch, laughing & smiling at me, devouring it, I felt really proud of myself. Like a proper proud Mum moment 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Won a IT tender worth about £15k for a new client in Carlisle. They want to spend about £70k on new hardware, and they want me to do a project plan, a budget feasibility, and then to buy and install the tin.

Project starts mid February, and lasts 5 months (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Won a IT tender worth about £15k for a new client in Carlisle. They want to spend about £70k on new hardware, and they want me to do a project plan, a budget feasibility, and then to buy and install the tin.

Well done you! I hope you have some goodies in your supermarket delivery so you can celebrate

They had everything I needed for dinner in the local shop ... that’s as good as it gets right now 😐

Reactions: 4

Nice one Mulholland!

I found out I was 5’6 at the doctor’s today (went on a machine that did height/weight/blood pressure). I always thought I was 5’5... every inch helps 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It hasn't happened yet but later on I'll be joining a zoom call to watch my Mum receive an award (which she doesn't know she'll be receiving yet) from the owners of the residential care home for people for dementia which she manages. She's managed the home so well through this pandemic so well in that there has not been 1 single case of covid in her home since it began. I am so proud of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It hasn't happened yet but later on I'll be joining a zoom call to watch my Mum receive an award (which she doesn't know she'll be receiving yet) from the owners of the residential care home for people for dementia which she manages. She's managed the home so well through this pandemic so well in that there has not been 1 single case of covid in her home since it began. I am so proud of her.
That’s lovely and a brilliant achievement for her 👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My girlfriend cemented our relationship with an engagement ring last night.

She proposed just before Christmas via Zoom (I was with my parents in SA at the time). But now to actually have a ring on my finger has really hit home that we've taken this relationship to another level.

Extremely proud and honoured of course, but now I guess the hard work begins ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 6

She proposed just before Christmas via Zoom (I was with my parents in SA at the time). But now to actually have a ring on my finger has really hit home that we've taken this relationship to another level.

Congratulations!!! That's amazing!

Congratulations! that's some nice news. Are you getting her a ring too?

• Heart
Reactions: 3

You have had a real whirlwind of all week. The stress of flying home and then the good work news and now your official engagement. Congratulations to you both.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
  1. I got up early and had 2 cups of tea and a scroll in peace
  2. My kids finished all their homeschool work by 12 whilst I worked from home.
  3. I ate an amazing cheese toastie.

Reactions: 2
Odd thing today..

A power bank failed to charge after a couple of tries with various chargers and cables, it's fucked!!

The GOOD thing about this is that I've owned this power bank for 8 years and it's been used a lot
so I've got my money's worth out of it. I bought a second power bank, same make a couple of years
later, it would be interesting how long that lasts before it will no longer charge.