Something Good That Happened Today...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I volunteered at the vaccine rollout for the 6th time and they had a small
Amount left so they vaccinated is volunteers

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Dumped my personal account with WhatsApp for Signal, and have advised friends and business clients to do likewise; and will be doing the same with my business account soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
and? what's signal like? i'm considering doing the same
It's been around for about 6 or 7 years. A very small player compared to WA, but the good thing is that it uses open source coding, and is apparently far more secure than WA as it uses end-to-end encryption.

It's a bit basic but does a job, and isn't owned by any of the big players like Facebook or Google, so your privacy shouldn't, in theory, end up with a 3rd party.

The only problem at the moment is that there's been a huge surge in new users to Signal (and another rival, Telegram) since WA announced their new privacy T&Cs. As a consequence their servers are swamped and running on the slow side until they upgrade with additional servers and expand their network bandwidth.

But be patient, it's a good app if you value your privacy. And as I say, there's always Telegram (which I also use) as a Plan B

i had a very productive meeting this morning!
feels nice to do a meeting face to face instead of zoom

My girlfriend posted a shedload of photos of herself, and it not only did it make my day, but it made me realise how much I miss her!

Zoom is one thing, but to be actually with the person you love and adore is quite another.

It's been a frustrating day thus far, but she has certainly lifted my spirits!

• Heart
Went to the Chinese supermarket and there were loads of yellow ticket (discounted) baked goods.

Bought a box of buns - yellow ticket was covering up the description. Prayed for a coconut bun and not a sausage in sweet bread. It was a coconut bun! Enjoying now with a cup of tea.

I lost my house keys about 4 hours ago and have torn the house apart trying to find them. Some good samaritan has just knocked on the front door and told me there were keys in it.

Crisis averted.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I love this thread cause I feel like it really counteracts my feelings on the rant thread and makes me think of the positives.

I had a lovely walk in the forest which made me feel a lot better.
I had a lovely FaceTime with my friend and we put the world to rights for a few hours. I'd not spoken to her for awhile so was a lovely catch up
I did an online dance class that was really hard and I was really miserable so I decided to do a pre recorded beginners one to cheer me up and it did work. It made me realise that I don't have to be amazing. I just have to enjoy it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
for once, my boyfriend washed the bathroom and not me, and he actually did a really good job 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 2
You're welcome 🙂. It looks like your garden would be a great place to sit in the summer, and I bet its beautiful in the autumn when the trees change colour 🥰
Alas it is not my garden, it is at the place I work. Some of the other employees built a snowman later on. :)

Reactions: 2