Something Good That Happened Today...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been offered a job that seems perfect for me after just finishing my masters 😊

Local so a short commute instead of an hour on a train like my previous job before going back to university with the promise of progression and a lot of experience even if I decide I don’t want to progress there

Reactions: 4
South African government announced it will shortly be reopening its borders to international flights to most countries, including the UK. Which means I'll be able to fly home for Christmas after all (subject to a PCR test) :)

The xmas pudds get "steamed" today, takes 10 hours, Mother made them yesterday.

Reactions: 3
Opened the refresher/scented oil (Mandarin, Cinnamon and Clove) I've ordered from M&S on a whim, and it actually smells lovely. Relieved, as you never know with online shopping.

Today is Monday, normally I get the "Monday Blues" because I have to goto work, well today I didn't and actually had a good day working, even managed a proper Lunch, coffee and a sandwich from Pret!

Another good thing, the battery on one of my Motorcycles has recovered after me killing it last week by leaving the heated grips on, I got the bike started with a special power bank and ran it for a few minutes and tried it again over the weekend. Used the bike for work and now the battery is
back to normal, I got home early from work, another bonus so all in all, a good day.

Reactions: 1
My step daughter is 18 and refuses to get a job

her mother is the biggest nutcase I’ve never known-she can’t deal with the fact my partner left her 6 years ago

step daughter is bleating to her mother that I’m evil and nasty-how dare I make her get a job?how dare I refuse to pick up her crappy knickers?how dare my kids come to stay?how dare I refuse to unblock the loo after her?how dare I have friends back to my own home?how dare I buy new clothes?how dare I refuse to glue her cheap boots back together?etc

don’t I know we’re to fund her til she meets and marries a rich man?

mummy agrees-and it’s caused endless rows between us-they’ll both ring us up and scream down the phone-it feels like every minute of everyday,we have to ignore the phone

after 5 years of this non-stop it’s a little wearing

weve finally agreed that she gets a job by the end of jan or she leaves-dads worried about how she’ll cope

ill just be happy she’s gone

ill make this happen

(I know this makes me sound spiteful-I’m really not-I’m just sick of her thinking we’re here to run around after her/fund her life choices,while she runs her mouth off to everyone about how nasty I am and tries to ruin my relationship with her dad)

oh and in other news-my son has just rang to tell me he’s just got laid with ‘the fit bird from my office-been after her for ages’

fab news son-just what I wanted to hear

• Haha
My closest, bestest friend in the whole world was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease 3 years ago. Sadly he is gradually getting worse 😥. However, we both watched the interview with Michael J Fox (a fellow Parkinson's warrior) on This Morning and when asked by Ruth if he thought they were close to finding a cure, Michael said 'Absolutely' and explained his reasons why. 😀 My friend had a really good day today because Michael gave him a bit of hope that there was a bit of light at the end of a very, very long dark tunnel 😀🤗. Here's hoping 😀❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My Ford Focus got through a full service relatively unscathed this morning, and for less than £230- far less than I was expecting

Reactions: 2
We started getting my sons Christmas presents! It's his first Christmas and after a crappy year it just made me happy and smile :) something to look forward to!

I saw a kingfisher flying over the lake on a walk round my local park - i have never seen one before.

I actually got ready, left the house and got an orange hot chocolate. Made all the difference after the week being indoors working.

My Motorcycle insurance renewal email arrived today, I had to upgrade my policy about a month ago because I needed extra mileage.
My Policy is mileage capped, not of my doing but with Covid 19 my mileage has gone up massively. Because of the extra Mileage my
policy has gone up £75 but that's peanuts considering.

It's all good.

My ex text me a few minutes ago, and wants to have a Zoom chat at 4pm this afternoon. She wants to "clear the air!"

After a stormy three weeks since our split I am hoping the clouds are going to clear.

I could be premature with this post, but for the moment I am hoping above hope today WILL be a good day! (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've been exhausted because my baby has not been sleeping because of his teething and my boyfriend has took our baby out for the day. So I'm going to have a cheeky nap. This is a good day 😁

• Heart
My ex text me a few minutes ago, and wants to have a Zoom chat at 4pm this afternoon. She wants to "clear the air!"

After a stormy three weeks since our split I am hoping the clouds are going to clear.

I could be premature with this post, but for the moment I am hoping above hope today WILL be a good day! (y)
Almost 4pm, and OMG I am so nervous. Come on sweetheart, please make my day a good one 💕

• Heart
Good luck 🥰
All good!!

Am driving down to see her tonight.

duck the bubble
duck the virus
duck the social distancing
duck Boris
Irresponsible perhaps, but I don't see anyone else, and life is too short for this tit.

I just want to hold her, tell her I'm sorry, and just spend the evening "doing stuff" in bed ;)

A good day indeed (y)

• Heart
All good!!

Am driving down to see her tonight.

duck the bubble
duck the virus
duck the social distancing
duck Boris
Irresponsible perhaps, but I don't see anyone else, and life is too short for this tit.

I just want to hold her, tell her I'm sorry, and just spend the evening "doing stuff" in bed ;)

A good day indeed (y)
If you live alone technically it's allowed? You can be her bubble! Aaaahhh I'm happy for you 💖 i knew you had been down. Funny how much you get to know someone through some off topic threads on a gossip website eh 😊 enjoy! X