Something Good That Happened Today...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I left a toxic work environment where I was underappreciated and overworked and started my actual dream job a few weeks ago.

I worked from home today and not once did my boss call to check up on me and see if I was actually working whereas in my previous job I had to check in every hour and send proof of the work I’d done

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Jeans were on offer on New Look this morning and I had a discount code so I got three pairs for £12!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I left a toxic work environment where I was underappreciated and overworked and started my actual dream job a few weeks ago.

I worked from home today and not once did my boss call to check up on me and see if I was actually working whereas in my previous job I had to check in every hour and send proof of the work I’d done
I have been in a couple of jobs like that before I went self-employed. In one particular IT company, I too was overworked and underappreciated (taken for granted, would be more accurate). Because I had a degree in IT and had work experience, I was a little more boned up on things compared to my work colleagues. who had been with the company far longer.

Typically they didn't like the new girl on the block showing them up, so they gave me a hard time, including their team leader. So much so that I decided to quit. And for a good 2 or 3 weeks afterwards their team leader would ping me emails looking for help with problems they couldn't resolve. I could have been sarcastic and/or abusive in my replies. But instead, I was far more pragmatic and said "Sorry, but if you want my help you'll have to pay me a contractor's wage!"

I never heard from him again (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I really had that Friday feeling this morning, weather was dry and sunny, my motorcycle was running better than it has done in a week.

In the morning I stopped for my morning "FREE FLAT WHITE", I parked up in front of this Orange Lamborghini with no front number
plate and a parking ticket!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: this was outside "The Sexy Fish in Berkeley Square". A few yards away in the motorcycle parking
bay was a very old and very rare motorcycle. It was an original what was known as a Monkey Bike, it was a Honda DAX, haven't seen
one of those in over 20 years. After my coffee I was about to hit the road, saw an elderly couple, holding hands and both of them
had a parrot on their shoulders!! Well that's something you don't see every day!

The rest of the day was a bit dull, the sun was in, cloudy but warm, the only thing which ruined a good day was having to travel
through Brixton during rush hour.

Reactions: 2
After 7 months of chasing invoice payments and threatening legal action, three of my clients finally paid up for my IT services (they were blaming cashflow problems on Covid)

• Wow
  • Heart
I finally built up the courage to tell my boss how stressed I have been at work recently. To add some context, I work in a solicitors as a secretary. There are normally 5 in the office but 3 staff have been furloughed, leaving just me and the solicitor. I'm carrying the weight of what should be 4 people. Up until recently I've been coping really well but the last few weeks I've struggled. I'm finding it all too stressful and feeling like I'm burning myself out. I've been worried to tell him though (he's not the most approachable at the best of times, and I'm wanting to make a good impression in the hope of progressing here, so felt like telling him I'm struggling to cope might have the opposite effect!)

He was actually really nice about it and I feel stupid now for even worrying about telling him! He reassured me that I've made a huge impression on the senior partner of the firm, and assured me that with redundancies on the way, I am 100% safe. He also said he was waiting until after the redundancies to tell me but in recognition of my hard work I am being given a payrise! Such a relief and it's nice to know my hard work hasn't gone unnoticed!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I have an interview! I had a telephone interview this week and they put me through to next round which was supposed to be a Zoom call but they've asked me to come in, in person! I've worked all my life so being made redundant and not working all this year has been SO tough!

No prayers as I don't believe in religion however I accept all lovely smelling candles lit for me and a toast to the beer fridge 😄

Reactions: 5
Had a rear tyre fitted and a new chain/sprocket set to my big Honda, no problems.

Upgraded my motorcycle insurance to include extra miles, I'm on a capped policy and I'm running out of miles.

So a good day, well apart from it pissing it down on the way home.

I have an interview! I had a telephone interview this week and they put me through to next round which was supposed to be a Zoom call but they've asked me to come in, in person! I've worked all my life so being made redundant and not working all this year has been SO tough!

No prayers as I don't believe in religion however I accept all lovely smelling candles lit for me and a toast to the beer fridge 😄
how did your interview go? ☺

• Heart
I did my first non-competitive half-marathon (13 miles) in about 2 months on Saturday, with a decent time of 2:04:45.
5 minutes off my best pace. but very pleased for my first blast in weeks

Reactions: 4
how did your interview go? ☺
So good! Long story short, he thought I was interviewing for a different position based on my degree and asked why I was applying for the job I had applied for. The job he thought I was there for wasn't even advertised?!...so we had a long chat about my degree and long term career goals so he said he'd make a call and see if he could create a position :oops: regardless I'm still in contention for the role I applied for as I'm more than qualified for that also. So I have one more( final) interview with head office and we'll see if the other position is a possibility. I am cautiously optimistic about both. But, I would obviously prefer the position related to my degree! HR is so hard to get into I find. All in all, I treated myself to loads of white chocolate afterwards ha!

Thanks for asking!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My copy of the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy CD's arrived today!!

This version is the audio story made AFTER the first season of the radio series, it was released on record and tape 40 years ago.
I had the tapes which I transferred to minidisc then onto the computer, now I have a better and cleaner version, shame I had to
wait for so long.

So good! Long story short, he thought I was interviewing for a different position based on my degree and asked why I was applying for the job I had applied for. The job he thought I was there for wasn't even advertised?!...so we had a long chat about my degree and long term career goals so he said he'd make a call and see if he could create a position :oops: regardless I'm still in contention for the role I applied for as I'm more than qualified for that also. So I have one more( final) interview with head office and we'll see if the other position is a possibility. I am cautiously optimistic about both. But, I would obviously prefer the position related to my degree! HR is so hard to get into I find. All in all, I treated myself to loads of white chocolate afterwards ha!

Thanks for asking!
This is amazing, well done you!! I have everything crossed for you I’m sure you’ll do amazing. I also work in HR, it can be so difficult to get into you’re right about that but don’t stress, you’ve come so far 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 1