Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Venuslurker

Chatty Member
I've been lying in bed for 2 hours watching Netflix and scrolling on my phone. Am I just being lazy and chilling or am in *disassociating*?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Once again SH demonstrates ignorance at the most basic level by allowing a famously lactose intolerant animal to freely consume lactose. Slow claps for SH.

• Sad
  • Wow

klarigold

Looking forward to the Q&A where someone asks her how she squares being a communist, and anti-capitalist with becoming an influencer whose only job is to flog stuff.
She's cunningly taking ADVANTAGE of consumerism as an OPPRESSED person by.... Being an active participant in capitalism.... and perpetuating it....

• Haha
Has anyone seen her Twitter drama? Some one responded to a tweet of hers saying ''so not funny'' and she's gone a disproportionate rant at then about trolling, including looking them up on several platforms to make comments about their life and to try and assess their motivations for this slightly rude 3-word tweet. What on Earth??

The person is now allegedly dealing with messages from Sofie's fans and threatening legal action.

• Wow
  • Haha

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
Seeing as we're near the end of this thread...

New thread title idea: Sofie Hagen #2: Justice for Hank

😅

• Haha
  • Heart

86gala

It's utterly bizarre, I'm convinced it's a way to feel
superior in a world where people feel sidelined, all the scathing comments underneath about "straights" and their boring straight sex lives.

although my sex life is pretty boring though tbf....but that's not the point 😂
Totally! Also kink, gender and sexuality does not a personality make 🤣

bunnyblue

maybe this is a reach but is there a link between the philosophy of eating whatever you want and not feeling guilty, and buying whatever you want and not looking at the consequences?
This is rubbing me the wrong way. There are plenty of thin influencers who seemingly don’t care about overconsumption / sustainability issues, and I’d be very surprised to see anybody asking if there’s a link between thin influencers and a disregard for overconsumption.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding you but you’ve placed a weird emphasis on plus size influencers “eating whatever they want and not feeling guilty” ... like, how is that a bad thing? And again, plenty of thin people eat whatever they want and don’t feel guilty?

I don’t mean to come across aggressive if I am but this is just a weird comment to make.

• Heart

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
Girl if that enrages you you’ve got to come over to the thread cos what’s gone on since is truly WILD. She’s still claiming to be working class despite upstanding member of the community parents (MBE very senior fire officer dad, nurse mum, both long term foster carers) in a 5 bed detached house by the coast 😂 The £30k job was answering fire service calls, obviously this would have been an entirely democratic recruitment process and she got in on the merit of her 4 GCSEs. She now grifts a living off Patreon now, never gives them anything for their sub fee just takes because she’s entitled af. Just abhorrent behaviour - Sofie isn’t as bad yet but she’s not operating that far out of the blueprint.
At the time I was in a long-term lesbian relationship, so that she then came out despite having very recently before had a (planned?) baby in a heterosexual relationship also made me 🙄. I always felt like she was playing dress-up in various marginalised identities and I feel a bit vindicated that I was apparently correct. But if you say anything (like with Sofie) you're being judgrmental/bigoted/oppressive/need to do "the work" or whatever, despite the fact these dickheads are using what has actually been my fucking llfe for clout.

The funny thing is, it's clear to anyone who has genuinely experienced trauma/poverty/discrimination etc. that these prats are play acting and don't have a clue. They appeal to wanky over-privileged tossers who enjoy patting themselves on the back.

I'll pop over to the Jack thread for more rage 😂😂😂.

• Heart
  • Haha

86gala

Long time lurker. It’s a relief to read similar opinions to my own on sofie. I used to really enjoy her interviews but often felt like she was contradicting herself and sometimes just blatantly lying. She’s absolutely out of touch with what most people are living. Her inability to recognise her own huge privilege while shouting at everyone else irks me. I think there was one episode where she was berating her fans after the Edinburgh festival in a condescending way that I really started to question her. There was a also an episode of her and Jodi Mitchell when she was going on about how she tells people not to consider her shows a safe space ..... eh .... a year before making a big deal out of the fact she was trying to make everything accessible ,but it’s like that never happened it’s everyones fault for assuming magically that they should be a safe space . Then the second episode she did with Jodi Mitchell and they were talking about Echoism (a condition so rare of course that no one really knows how to treat it) how she can’t remember what she likes and dislikes, she has no memory of things and then they both started talking about the past, my eyes rolled more than my teenager daughters when I try and sound relevant by talking about Tik Tok.Maybe I misunderstood but it just sounded like utter bullshit. She never acknowledges the massive privilege she has being able to afford not one but two therapists when most people are at the mercy of ridiculous waiting lists and only being able to access help at crisis point, often the only counselling people can afford is provided by students in their final year.arghhh! Sorry about the rant. I don’t know if any of it makes sense. Appreciate all of your views on this thread.
P.s she didn’t even know that lesbian was an important term to list when she did her questionnaire a few months ago. And yet she’s a voice of the LGBTQ community 🙄ok promise that’s my rant over

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I messaged her once to ask her if she walked her dog and she wrote about it in her stories saying her ‘stalker’ had been in touch.

I think she’s conflated all the people who message her about her idiocy into one nemesis, because I have absolutely no desire to correspond with her regularly.

• Wow
  • Haha

Venuslurker

Chatty Member
This really is utter nonsense isn't it. If a strap on is no different from a dick and men who like pegging are inherently transphobic (or presumably homophobic if we're going to the logical conclusion of this bollocks), then presumably lesbians who use them are misogynists when they could just fuck a man.

Who is telling these nutters they should express these thoughts out loud, honestly.
It's utterly bizarre, I'm convinced it's a way to feel
superior in a world where people feel sidelined, all the scathing comments underneath about "straights" and their boring straight sex lives.

although my sex life is pretty boring though tbf....but that's not the point 😂

Bohemiskeye

VIP Member
Gah! She just wants so badly to be a victim and the more and more she goes on I become convinced that she’s not a victim at all…

what’s ‘being into kinks’ got to do with it too

• Heart
I think this is true of a lot of these kinds of people. Their stories are quite obviously embellished but because they touch upon trauma/oppression/whatever, they can't be questioned about it because that would constitute fatphobia/invalidating their trauma/whatever.

I feel like pandora's box has been opened giving these people a platform and I honestly don't know how it's happened. I have heard her in podcasts and seen her comedy, she's not particularly endearing, doesn't have any charm and isn't especially funny or intelligent and is just trotting out the same shit as everyone else in her sphere of the Internet at the moment. We need to stop making these people famous.
You articulated that brilliantly.

I was grew up with a narcissist, and Sofie using her trauma (whatever that is - we ALL have some form of trauma) as a get-out-of-jail-free-card is a massive red flag for me.

• Heart

Bohemiskeye

VIP Member
I agree, I imagine a lot of the of plus size people in her demographic would actually exercise. Her constant negativtity is pretty draining tbh and not at all (imo) what the plus size movement seems to stand for
I noticed bodiposipanda commented something pretty balanced on there, but sofie also is ‘friends’ with jessamyn Stanley who is fucking ace at yoga, and she is a fat person. She’s perpetuating the concept fat people can’t/don’t excercise and it’s just something for thin people. I feel like she could do with going for a nice walk and blowing the cobwebs away, take the dog out, come home and feel the benefit of the warm house and comfy chair. And then tell us excercise isn’t healthy.

• Heart

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
I don't think Sofie ever claims to be healthy, and if they're happy in the body they're in, that's fine. No one owes anyone else health.
I agree. I just think we'd be making the same comments if this was a straight size person too. Like if a size 10 was eating four chocolate mousses for breakfast followed by a hectic day of lying around in their own filth, eyebrows would be raised.

• Haha
I agree with you @Awkward_Somber - it’s impulsive purchasing, and she always goes for ‘the best’ for herself. A quick ‘I deserve it’ buzz, then you start feeling scared that you made a bad decision… and Sofie performs this anxiety on her socials. Bleak.

I’m sure she’s up to her eyeballs in debt tbh, she’d need thousands of Patreons to fund her lifestyle. She’s in the low hundreds. Stand up comedy is a financially precarious job to start with, and those Deliveroo costs rack up so quickly over time (YES I’m still obsessing with her ordering a single fkn subway for lunch :ROFLMAO:).

Finances do play on her mind too, she posts weird ‘financial advice’ stories all the time. But the content really varies, half the time she’s showing off being disorganised and chaotic, the other half she’s showing off as being a super budgeter. Blatantly obvious the former is closer to the truth.

• Heart

Whatevesmate

Chatty Member
I found her interesting for approximately 5 minutes and then the blatant misuse of her platform to bully others all in the name of activism was so abundantly clear it made me sick. She is toxic and unpleasant and the constant fawning and indulgence is nauseating and destructive. Hope others wake up and see her for the narcissistic, bullying baby that she is.

Bohemiskeye

VIP Member
Idk how she’s not embarrassed to show her purchases when she’s begging for money for that dog?

like her props - I know she’d have put that through the company so it’s more tax efficient but do you really need £70 in props? They’d have been used a handful of times she probably could have just used a shoebox and had £70 to care for her pet?

plus the shit ton of markses knickers and random TK Maxx bits. I’m not denying someone pants or homeware but the volume of it feels unnecessary when you’re crowdfunding essentials?!

View attachment 755217
Her post about how she ‘needed’ all red shoes for a how so just happened to find out you can make custom Air Force ones on the Nike website. It’s at least £140 for custom Nikes on there, but she was very flippant. If you want expensive trainers that’s fine, I happen to love trainers, but don’t beg for money and plead poverty so often. Plus you know she pays no tax on purchases like that.

• Heart
  • Wow