Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

klarigold

This is rubbing me the wrong way. There are plenty of thin influencers who seemingly don’t care about overconsumption / sustainability issues, and I’d be very surprised to see anybody asking if there’s a link between thin influencers and a disregard for overconsumption.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding you but you’ve placed a weird emphasis on plus size influencers “eating whatever they want and not feeling guilty” ... like, how is that a bad thing? And again, plenty of thin people eat whatever they want and don’t feel guilty?

I don’t mean to come across aggressive if I am but this is just a weird comment to make.
Yeah that's totally fair, I kind of felt it wasn't quite right when I was typing it out but I wanted to open the debate. I don't think there's anything wrong with eating what you want and not feeling guilty, and as you say that's not just a fat thing. I guess it's just that HAES influencers tend to be more vocal about it, so that's why I thought there might be a link.

The difference is huge (one hurts the environment/disadvantaged people, and the other one doesn't) but the mentality of having anything you want is similar. I think it's something we all struggle with - we think it's normal to have an infinite amount and variety of clothes, food, electronics, homewares on demand whenever we want them.

Most plus size influencers/ HAES bloggers absolutely do draw a line between consuming food and consuming manufactured material goods, as they are very different and material goods usually have more significant ethical implications which most plus size influencers are very aware of and vocal about as it's an important social justice issue (though that said, I don't know any HAES vegetarians or vegans? I'm a meat eater so can't criticise, it's just interesting)

Basically I think Sofie is an outlier in her 'fuck you for suggesting I limit how much a buy and how ethical/green it is', and it was probably wrong of me to suggest it goes beyond that.

emm

VIP Member
She's just trolling people with this now. The engagement she must have had off of posting that clip must have been better than anything else she's posted recently.
exactly, imagine anyone posted ANY kind of similar replies to her criticising something?! she would go mad

Talking of animals has anybody heard of a large guinea pig group called "masons cavies" I really thought there's be a feed for this. They have thousands of followes and hoard guinea pigs. She sits at home whilst living off thousands of pounds of donations. I think this would be an interesting topic to talk about
Anyone can make a thread, the subject needs a certain level of following though but it sounds like this person must do to be receiving thousands in donations? Go for it x

bunnyblue

You can say she. It’s in her pronouns.
Ah, tbh I remember Sofie saying on a few occasions in lives/shows/stories etc that “they/he” are their pronouns, and the few times someone has referred to them as “girl” Sofie has asked them not to (“not a girl”) so I just personally avoid “she/they”.