Social mama.xo #13 thirty, filthy & just about surviving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the crying clip was when she found out she was pregnant, happy tears. Is she not looking back at her tears of joy and sad now that she will never meet that wee soul? Or is they really obvious and you doubt that she was happy she was pregnant, fake crying, I just don’t see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I thought the crying clip was when she found out she was pregnant, happy tears. Is she not looking back at her tears of joy and sad now that she will never meet that wee soul? Or is they really obvious and you doubt that she was happy she was pregnant, fake crying, I just don’t see it.
It was when she found out she was pregnant but there was no tears it was like she was forcing tears for a video

Reactions: 3
It was when she found out she was pregnant but there was no tears it was like she was forcing tears for a video
This is what I thought too, she was crying fresh air & wiping away nothing…so forced it was difficult to watch!

Also to add, as soon as I saw this I knew she’d start losing followers, -22 already today. Not loads but I guarantee she’ll lose more followers over the next day or two due to how forced and unnecessary that video is!

966E439B-461E-402C-825A-FCF6605A9DC2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I don’t know the lassie but to be fair I don't think she can do right for doing wrong. You might be able to fake joy about a new jumper or something but not a baby, an actual longed for life.

I don’t know the lassie but to be fair I don't think she can do right for doing wrong. You might be able to fake joy about a new jumper or something but not a baby, an actual longed for life.
Nobody is saying she wasn’t happy when she found out she was pregnant lol we are watching the reel and can clearly see there are no tears, it’s like she’s forcing tears for an Instagram video, she wiped her eyes and there was nothing there, was very uncomfortable to watch

Reactions: 5
I can’t pretend to know what she’s going through as thankfully I’ve never experienced a miscarriage, I did have a horrendous pregnancy with scares throughout so was always worried something might happen but I just find the whole thing uncomfortable from the reel, the photo of her in the hospital the explanation of how her body hadn’t passed the baby, I’m pretty sure going through that taking pictures or making reels would be the last thing you’d think of 🤷🏼‍♀️ I get it people handle grief in all different ways but you do know when somebody is sincerely upset or when someone is upset for attention and as much as I hate myself for saying it she seems to be looking for attention rather than grieving privately away from Instagram and being thankful for the children she does have.

Reactions: 10
This is what I thought too, she was crying fresh air & wiping away nothing…so forced it was difficult to watch!

Also to add, as soon as I saw this I knew she’d start losing followers, -22 already today. Not loads but I guarantee she’ll lose more followers over the next day or two due to how forced and unnecessary that video is!

View attachment 936359
I was expecting this as well. Sympathy for what she has experienced is there, but there is a fine balance between being open and honest with your followers and then using a devastating life event for content.

Also - how do people get these stats? It has always interested me.

The reel made as much sense as the party for the uncles funeral.

Reactions: 9
The only way I could work out the timeline of the reel was her nails cos she’s never got those breast cancer jammies off! Like most, I find it all very uncomfortable. I’ve experience grief and at no point did I think, “wait and I’ll find some sad music to put alongside this heartbreaking montage” All totally alien to me, but then, I don’t look for validation from strangers 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 16
I can’t pretend to know what she’s going through as thankfully I’ve never experienced a miscarriage, I did have a horrendous pregnancy with scares throughout so was always worried something might happen but I just find the whole thing uncomfortable from the reel, the photo of her in the hospital the explanation of how her body hadn’t passed the baby, I’m pretty sure going through that taking pictures or making reels would be the last thing you’d think of 🤷🏼‍♀️ I get it people handle grief in all different ways but you do know when somebody is sincerely upset or when someone is upset for attention and as much as I hate myself for saying it she seems to be looking for attention rather than grieving privately away from Instagram and being thankful for the children she does have.
This! Exactly what I thought.

Reactions: 6
I think the problem is a lot of instagrammers don't know where to draw the line between personal life and instagram as a "job". I get part of it is sharing their life, but really to what extent before it gets too much? A lot speak of instagram being full of their "friends" I think the problem is many of them dont seem to have a good network of real life friends or supportive partners or families. The type of support network most folk would fall back on in these circumstances. Feel desperately sorry for Aimee as think her mental health has always been questionable and this will no doubt impact it greatly. Shes needing to disengage from Insta and focus on healing herself.

Reactions: 11
I can't even watch it, someone just go and take her out of her room, give her a cuddle take the phone off her and let her try and enjoy Xmas, she doesn't need to even bother about insta but I have noticed her engagement on posts is so high which will make her be on more, so sad for her but she needs to get off that phone x

• Heart
She will have the footage stocked up as it was going to be for her announcement. Miscarriages are hard. She's maybe getting messages from people saying her talking about it is helping them. She will be losing followers because this is such a tough topic for many people to see or deal with. Lots of people will find this uncomfortable. It reapply is heartbreaking to see. I think it takes anyone who has lost a baby back to those moments.

People should follow https://instagram.com/nellyboxes for support about miscarriages. She makes beautiful gifts for those who have lost. She is currently pregnant which is incredible after their losses.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I do feel so sad for her, genuinely I do. It’s the most horrid thing to happen. But as soon as it’s posted then saves talking about ad content she made with her family at the weekend. God forgive me but it just smells of desperation… ad incoming so need to get engagement going again for it. I feel tit saying it, but that’s what it looks like.

Forget the money, just take time away and let yourself grieve with your husband and family….

Reactions: 11
Ffs Shaimee talking about creating content at a time like this? She lazes about all year and suddenly at a time she should be taking a time out she needs to 'work'. Absolute bullshit. No one needs cookie or balloon payments at this time in life. She's making an absolute mockery of people who have list babies, particularly as there's been a very recent campaign to get women and men more time off work if this unfortunate events happens! I'm actually annoyed at her. She should use her PlAtFoRm to discuss the need to step back at this time. She's an absolute airhead.
PS I do understand what she is going through, been there twice, I do not understand this need for strangers validation. That was the very last thing on my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@Walnutss i was close to her mum. And a lot of people on here wonder why her mum never stepped in and had a word with her when she was going off the rails etc …. That’s because SHE knew too much about her mum too.
Me and my pals could write a book about Maggie's escapades. It's actually hilarious how the Walshes portray themselves as this happy long term married couple. Pair of them have been round the EK block many many times. She's as bad as shagger pappy Jim, don't be fooled. Pure tart.

Reactions: 4
God love her, please somebody step in and tell her to put the phone down and step away from Instagram.

I’m all for talking about and being open about miscarriage. It’s a horrible stigma. But I don’t feel this opportunistic outpouring is serving that cause, or her own needs.

Not that I’m surprised to see her milking this, and I guess if she feels that is what will make her feel better, then she will do it 🤷‍♀️

Aimee, if you’re not thinking straight - talk to your friends and family, talk online to strangers in a safe environment in a support forum, share and talk and reflect and learn. You absolutely don’t need to ‘normalise’ this by ‘being raw’ in public.

Why are her ads so cringe 😂. I don’t think her sisters can be as annoying as her, if one of them works doing social media for itison, they should be giving her some friendly advice!

Reactions: 1
Why does it sound like she’s sellotaped her microphone to her chin for this ad 😂😂😂

Anyone else find it really poor taste that she’s chucked in an ad after speaking about her loss? So weird and ill-timed

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.