Social mama.xo #13 thirty, filthy & just about surviving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe she thinks that's ok. I have a daughter the same age as Callie who is absolutely oblivious to anything like Instagram etc I can't even try to understand why she thinks that is ok and not a HUGE safety risk. For the rest of their life's they kids are going to be known to strangers everywhere they go they will never have privacy or 100% safety.

Reactions: 12
Same here. My girl is 4 and like your daughter is oblivious to social media because she is 4 YEARS OLD. Her life is about her Barbie house and unicorns and animals and dancing and her friends. Not performing for a bunch of strangers online. I know times have changed since we were young and technology has moved so fast, but the fundamentals are the same - protect your bleeping kids! How can a Mother be ok with this?! It’s bloody alarming how she’s rationalised this and justified it. My daughter is like a sponge and takes everything in that I say. They’re so so impressionable at this age. That poor wee girl’s Mum is telling her it’s good if people she doesn’t know approach her?! Honestly. That’s bleeping worrying.

Reactions: 14
It's absolutely frightening. Anyone could approach Callie and they could talk about her family, her daily life etc and Callie would have no clue that this person was a stranger. My eldest is six and has absolutely no clue about the internet far less Instagram! Seriously, when are the authorities going to do something about this? When are these children going to be properly protected?

Reactions: 5
Unreal. Literally encouraging her child to speak to strangers. And on top of that she is constantly tagging where they are too, whether it’s Callie’s dance class or soft play or Silverburn. What will it take for her to realise the dangerous position she’s putting her in? Someone to walk up when Aimée is buried in her phone and saying “Hi Callie I’m your mum’s friend from Instagram” and walking her away? She really needs a good shake. Her family are all absolute fools for letting this carry on on.

Reactions: 12
I absolutely detest that stupid bleeping eye roll side to side thing she does! She only does it when she’s with the boys it’s so condescending 🤬 can just tell she’s one of those people that looks down on people thinking she’s a social mama when in actual fact she’s just a scheme maw…. Never hated somebody I’ve never met before but I defo can say I dislike her

Reactions: 13
I can’t believe she has moved int over MIL’s when it is basically a building site, why couldn’t she have waited and stayed at her own house until the MIL’s house was finished? Her MIL has 5 more people staying in her house in the middle of a renovation while Aimees perfectly fine house lies empty 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I can’t believe she has moved int over MIL’s when it is basically a building site, why couldn’t she have waited and stayed at her own house until the MIL’s house was finished? Her MIL has 5 more people staying in her house in the middle of a renovation while Aimees perfectly fine house lies empty 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️
And in her story the other day it was only when she saw it clean with no clutter that she remembered how much she loved it 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I can see so many reasons to NOT use Callie as a performer on social media to thousands of bots/strangers. I keep up with her and DDUG through a burner account as I don’t follow them. Neither have blocked it. Meaning they don’t even do the bare minimum to ensure all sorts of weirdos aren’t watching their kids.

Genuinely can’t see any reasons for it? What does she get out of this that could possibly outweigh all the risks?

Reactions: 10
I was reading about somebody on the Kate Hayes account, it was a girl called Amanda (not sure of her insta handle) and she posts her kids & anyway she discovered that paedos were using her kids innocent images on a forum/thread and writing disgusting caption under her little girls pictures. It makes your skin crawl. I know we all want to believe people are all good and just like us, and would smile at a picture of a cute kid but sadly that’s not the case at all - the internet is full of perverts, beasts and scumbags who fantasise about children so where better to get images of little kids that they can doctor for their revolting gratification.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Moaning about the kids acting up. Obviously never crossed her mind it's because they have no bloody clue where they will be sleeping from one night to the next. No routine or bed to call their own at the moment. I feel for them. Well, mainly the boy's cause she doesn't care how they feel. Why the hell is she not in her own house? Oh, cause she is a lazy brat woman. Easier to be under the parents feet than deal with anything herself.
Sorry for the rant. She is really annoying me.

Reactions: 11
Moaning about the kids acting up. Obviously never crossed her mind it's because they have no bloody clue where they will be sleeping from one night to the next. No routine or bed to call their own at the moment. I feel for them. Well, mainly the boy's cause she doesn't care how they feel. Why the hell is she not in her own house? Oh, cause she is a lazy brat woman. Easier to be under the parents feet than deal with anything herself.
yup no routine and being ignored for a video call with a random!

Reactions: 2
It's really weird how long they've been at the MIL's house. Especially when you think they are still at school/nursery, haven't got sleeping arrangements sorted, the kitchen is in the middle of a renovation and that they haven't sold their house yet. But like you say, easier for her to be ran after if she's living under their roof. It's just strange.

Reactions: 4
There needs to be some child protection legislation passed pronto to safeguard Callie and the other Insta Maws weans.
I did some training through work a while back with the nspcc and they had said not to dress your kids in clothes with their names on it as it gives opportunities for people wishing to snatch children I.e if they know their names, they aren’t strangers. So this is bleeping next level stuff!

Reactions: 9
Surely video calls and catching up with friends comes AFTER dealing with your kids?! Seems a no brainer to me but then I’ve only been a maw for a couple of months and my weans not plastered over social media so what do I know 🤷🏻‍♀️🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Really seriously what reasoning could there be that they aren't just staying in her own house instead of all this running about rubbish? Something weird going on?

Really seriously what reasoning could there be that they aren't just staying in her own house instead of all this running about rubbish? Something weird going on?
The in laws must have realised their grand kids needed some stability and nutrition.

She’s mentioned buying a new house but hasn’t sold her current one yet - waiting on folk to help her clean and decorate it to sell cos #can’tcope?

Seems like she genuinely thinks it’s reasonable to stay with them to save her trying to keep her house tidy to sell it? 🤷‍♀️

Or, they can’t afford to buy the shiny instahun house she’d like, and they’ll be freeloaders houseguests in the building site til they’ve saved up? Doesn’t make much sense to me cos nights out, shopping hauls, hair / brow / lash / nail appts don’t exactly scream ‘saving for a house!’

I do hope her family are helping her, because she clearly needs it. But nobody other than her can prioritise what’s important. She loses so much time on keeping up with what she thinks is important. Be happy in the moment with the people you love. That’s so much more rewarding than talking into a void to sycophants and keeping with beauty treatments.

Think she panicked when she fell pregnant and came up with this ridiculous plan. She probably needed a clear out and declutter, donate old stuff to charity and maybe store some boxes at her in laws or rent a storage unit to keep any excess clutter out the way while they got ready to sell. Maybe have the kids have a sleep over at the in-laws if they have a lot of viewings?! Like why so OTT and moving out when it's not even sold and even worse into a building site so they have now jumped ship to another family members house to trash. All their beds and sofa are still at the house so no reason they cannot stay. I bet she's got less space staying in her in laws 2 spare bedrooms than she had at her house!!! Anyone know if it's even on the market? Seems so fast to sell it when they have only been in 3.5 years. Are they even out of their fixed term initial mortgage period? Usually new builds don't increase in value especially at first.

Reactions: 4
Think she panicked when she fell pregnant and came up with this ridiculous plan. She probably needed a clear out and declutter, donate old stuff to charity and maybe store some boxes at her in laws or rent a storage unit to keep any excess clutter out the way while they got ready to sell. Maybe have the kids have a sleep over at the in-laws if they have a lot of viewings?! Like why so OTT and moving out when it's not even sold and even worse into a building site so they have now jumped ship to another family members house to trash. All their beds and sofa are still at the house so no reason they cannot stay. I bet she's got less space staying in her in laws 2 spare bedrooms than she had at her house!!! Anyone know if it's even on the market? Seems so fast to sell it when they have only been in 3.5 years. Are they even out of their fixed term initial mortgage period? Usually new builds don't increase in value especially at first.

The housing market has been jumping since January. Houses sell in days. It is really odd that she’s kept hers empty and not put it on the market yet. Maybe deep down she knows this is a bonkers plan? They’re a one income family, and no amount of free cookies and steak pies will pay the mortgage, even if you do have a lot of Instagram followers.

She hasn’t mentioned it being on the market, just that she has cleaned it and moved out - she was round at it the other day saying she loves it but they had just grown out it. I just don’t know why you wouldn’t have it on the market as soon as possible cos the crazy housing market won’t last forever. But why not just stay at your house until you sell, near kids pals, schools etc - it’s weird,
It is all just another case of nobody ever saying NO to Aimee.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.