Sober Curious tattlers support thread (Dry January and beyond!)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have had a completely dry Christmas (mainly due to having the flu and being very ill but I'm counting it as a win) so I'm rolling with it and going to carry it on into January

Reactions: 5
Yes sign me up, do it every year though only managed to around the 24th last year. Totally overindulged the past few weeks months

Reactions: 2
I'm back on it. Feel crap and poorly from over drinking. Don't know why I do it :( enough is enough.

Reactions: 5
I'm in, I don't drink much but really wa t to not drink at all. None of my friends nor is my partner doing it with me so glad that I found this thread

Reactions: 3
I’m in for year 6 (I think?!) Looking forward to it, I always enjoy the better sleep and clear head even though I’m not a big drinker

I’m in too! I’ve been awful this year drinking wise and really need to reset. Let’s do it x

• Heart
Final blow out for me tonight. Intentionally planned it so that I shouldn't have any booze left over in the morning, any that I will have will be going down the sink.

I'm joining! Developed a real issue with drinking in 2020 and doing Dry Jan in 2021 involved a lot of soul-searching. Things that really helped me were: (1) the Dry January Community group on Facebook (and the "Beyond" group for anyone wanting to keep it going past January), and (2) reading books on drinking. My favourite was "Quit Like a Woman" by Holly Whitaker.

Reactions: 6
I haven't had a drink in 4 days so i've had a bit of a head start. I agree books and podcasts are sooo helpful. I'm currently reading quit like a woman by holly whitaker. My fav has been The unexpected joy of being sober by Catherine Gray. When I say that book is life changing i'm not exaggerating. Also Dr Alex has recently started his sober journey and following him is helping, and the unmumsy mum - though the sober community is huge on insta so lots of very inspiring peeps to follow if that helps anyone.

Reactions: 7
Good morning you gorgeous lot!
Hope everyone is well and determined to start the year sober. Today I’m planning to go for a long walk, clear out old cupboards and do some healthy food shopping.
Have a nice day folks ❤ 💙

Hi everyone and happy new year 🥳

Newbie here- hope you don’t mind me joining in- alcohol sends my anxiety through the roof so hoping to hold myself accountable by joining in here 😊

X

Reactions: 9
I think Dry Jan is a little easier this year as there;s only 4 weekends in it (not including today) whereas the last couple of years there has been 5

Joining this - it’s my birthday month so usually find dry January quite difficult, I‘ve generally cut back on alcohol a lot this year and can probably count the number of times I’ve been pissed on a hand and a half, however I did start using drugs a little more frequently as I found I got less debilitating hangovers with those vs the booze.

Kinda going through a bit of a depressive stage at the minute so keen to cut back on all of this in general and focus on health, particularly in January. Hoping it will help my mental health and waist line!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Happy New Year everyone!

Still on my sober curious journey, haven't been drunk since December 2020 😱 However did drink probably more than I have in a long time during xmas so I am embracing dry january to give my body the break it needs. Even just a couple of glasses of wine a few times a week has made me feel tit, makes me remember what a poison alcohol is.

Glad I found this thread. Drank far too much over Christmas and need to reset to get back to weekends only.
OH doesn’t want to join me, so it will be good for me to be able to stay accountable on here - especially since, come the weekend, he’ll keep forgetting and asking me if I want a drink!
I also have a birthday this month, but I’ll treat myself to a nice alcohol free spirit dupe.

Reactions: 4
Just checking up on you all. it’s going fine for me simply because I do not drink Monday-Friday. It’s the bloody weekend which screws it all up for me and I’m dreading it tbh x

I don’t usually drink Monday to Friday either, but that went out of the window a bit in the run up to Christmas!
Going ok so far, but I’ve not really fancied a drink. I agree that the weekends will be toughest. As someone mentioned earlier though - only 4 of them this month 😆

Reactions: 1
Going fine for me, got some alcohol free lagers and will have a couple each evening whilst watching something

I am looking forward to it this month! Got a couple of big social things like birthdays and baby showers but I’ve stocked up on posh soft drinks so that I still feel like I’ve had something nice (I don’t drink anything other than coffee and water on a day to day basis). Post work pubs trips will be a test, I will need to get in there quickly for a soft before someone puts a glass of wine in my hand.