Sober Curious tattlers support thread (Dry January and beyond!)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm day 7 and doing ok. Already done a weekend. Cooking a roast this coming one though which will challenge me as I always always cook with a glass of wine when doing a roast. Trying to break these bad habits!

Reactions: 6
My stomach feels slightly better than it has in a while, to be honest.
I drank a lot of water yesterday and, apart from needing the loo a lot more often, I feel good for it:)
I wish I could see an improvement in my sleep though - can’t remember the last time I had a decent night!
Still, day 6 and I’m not climbing the walls or anything - yet 😂

Reactions: 3
Going to get some alcohol free Guinness tonight as it's supposed to be very good. Good luck for the weekend everyone x

I got myself 0% alcohol Gordon’s today. I’ll give it a try tomorrow.
Me too! I had a couple glasses last night and made it fancy with lime and mint. Couldn’t tell the difference. It’s lovely to wake up on a Saturday without brain fog, it has been my first Saturday without it for some time and I feel great for it!

Reactions: 4
I'm on my second weekend without wine and I so nearly caved last night but was so proud I didn't. First wobble i've had really! It's lovely to be so much more in the moment. I noticed a lot more on my walk today, I think alcohol really numbs the senses even when you haven't had a drink for a day or two. Not firing on all cylinders until you've properly detoxed if that makes sense?

Reactions: 2
I must admit I do fancy a glass of wine tonight. I’ll stick to an AF lager or two though. I’m really liking Lucky Saint.

Reactions: 4
Just done a living room workout and now settling down to watch some Downton Abbey with an AF Guinness

I must admit it’s bloody boring without my weekend tipple. But i need to overcome this. Every Sunday I wake up filled with anxiety, dread, headache and some times I don’t even remember what and how much I’ve eaten or how much I drank.
Not sure if you guys are as bad as me. it’s embarrassing how much I drink on the weekend.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hope everyone is doing OK across the first proper January weekend. I nearly broke today, went to a social event with lots of bubbles which I would normally get stuck straight into and it was really hard not to just accept a glass out of habit. I took a really zingy fresh limeade with me and had that with some fresh mint and lime instead and it was lovely! So good to remember that I can be sociable and talk to sort of strangers (friends of friends) without the boost of a drink.

You're all doing so well, well done on your first dry weekend!! How nice is it to have a clear head on a monday morning? I'm so much more productive. I've been getting organised the night before, getting up earlier, booking into exercise classes. If I'd been drinking over the weekend i'd feel so lethargic and be rushing around trying to catch up. I think not drinking frees up so much more time in the day.

Reactions: 5
You're all doing so well, well done on your first dry weekend!! How nice is it to have a clear head on a monday morning? I'm so much more productive. I've been getting organised the night before, getting up earlier, booking into exercise classes. If I'd been drinking over the weekend i'd feel so lethargic and be rushing around trying to catch up. I think not drinking frees up so much more time in the day.
This is exactly it! If I’d drunk at the event on Saturday, even a couple of glasses, I’d have needed a lie in yesterday and been a bit lethargic and unproductive. I probably would also have made less nutritious food choices and eaten way too much sugar because my body would be on a sugar comedown from the wine.

Instead, I woke up naturally at about 8:30 having slept for just over 9 hours, my heart rate had been consistent and low all night, I spent the whole day tidying/clearing out/cleaning areas of my house that had accumulated stuff over the madness of December and I was in bed with a book by 10pm! At 5pm I was sure it was more like 8 because I’d got so much done, that never ever happens when I’m losing time to booze!

Not going to lie I had some wine with my roast dinner yesterday 🫣 bit annoyed at myself but usually once I start I cant stop! But yesterday I just kept it to the one glass. Then I had some plain tonic water after followed by a cup of tea. Not going to beat myself up about it and I feel ready to start a new week alcohol free 🫡

Reactions: 7
I’m full of cold, but…my head is clear, I have no anxiety and regrets. 9 days sober

Not going to lie I had some wine with my roast dinner yesterday 🫣 bit annoyed at myself but usually once I start I cant stop! But yesterday I just kept it to the one glass. Then I had some plain tonic water after followed by a cup of tea. Not going to beat myself up about it and I feel ready to start a new week alcohol free 🫡
I think that’s key - not to beat yourself up about it; at least you were able to moderate it.
I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday over a stressy family situation, and I nearly opened a bottle of wine.
Luckily, thanks to a lovely person on here mentioning AF Gordon’s, I remembered I had a couple of pre mixed AF Gordon’s and Tonic left over from a pre Christmas get together, so I sipped one of them with some ice and lemon.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Still plodding on here. This afternoon was the first time this month I've had any cravings as it was my in office day at work and I normally enjoy one of those cocktail cans from M&S on the train home 😳 But it was fine. On to day 10 tomorrow which is exciting.Congrats everyone x

• Heart
Yesterday I bought ‘the unexpected joy of being sober’ and I’ve already finished it. (Maternity leave) - brilliant read and I’d highly recommend it!

Reactions: 1
I have a date tomorrow at a cocktail bar. It looked really nice so I didn’t mention the fact I wasn’t drinking to make it awkward. I really want to allow myself just one but worried I’ll get carried away