Dry January 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone planning on doing this?
I tried to do it some years back, and got to Day 25; when we were invited to a party with a free bar!
I hope my resolve is stronger this time, especially with lockdown.
Maybe we can support each other?
I want to use it as part of my weight loss/exercise more plan.
Thanks.

Reactions: 14
I will! Haven't been drinking heavily but I want a full month of cleanse, without even the sporadic cocktail or wine.

Reactions: 10
I’ve done it for the last few years! Will defo be easier this year because of being in tier 4 anyway.

Reactions: 4
I’ve never done it before but want to this year. Lockdowns this year have increased my alcohol intake at home more than it’s ever been purely through boredom. Not to the extent of getting hammered but just a couple of drinks several days a week so need to nip that in the bud before it becomes a problem. I’m actually looking forward to it and eating better after the excesses of Xmas.

Reactions: 11
I've decided I'm going tee total for a year from 1st Jan. It will be ok on a day to day basis but I'm sure the special occasions will be tricky. I drank a fair bit through the first lockdown and particularly this last month. I enjoy it so much in the moment but the next day or so after I feel rotten.

My husband doesn't really drink. A few times I have gone into the garage and seen the empty wine bottles waiting to go to the bottle bank. I feel a bit embarrassed by the amount.

Good luck everyone doing dry January.

Reactions: 15
I’m doing dry January and healthy diet. Would like to lose a stone after putting on too many lockdown pounds

Reactions: 7
I’m going to do it but with the caveat if I can see my family mum or friends I will definitely allow myself to have a drink. If we are still restricted then I will be sticking to it 100%.

Reactions: 3
I’m definitely in! Got far too reliant on drinking in the evening. Put far too much weight on, not sleeping well and my complexion is starting to suffer. Let’s do this ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m doing dry January and healthy diet. Would like to lose a stone after putting on too many lockdown pounds
Same! I’m also going to try and nail a 5k by end of jan too!

I’m definitely in! Got far too reliant on drinking in the evening. Put far too much weight on, not sleeping well and my complexion is starting to suffer. Let’s do this ❤
Drinking absolutely fucks my sleep up too

Reactions: 2
I stopped my hubby making my wine yesterday, he makes great wine but it has been disappearing too quickly and only me drinks it. If it is not there I can't drink it and I am too tight to buy it from the shop. :)

I actually used to do dry Jan - I managed without even trying a couple of years in a row. Now... not a chance. Sometimes the only thing I’ve got to look forward to is a gin and tonic when I get home 😂 I honestly wouldn’t even want to try this year, I would be insufferable.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I may do it. Really want to work on improving the quality of my diet in January i.e. upping fruit and veg, fibre etc so cutting alcohol for a month might be good too.

Plus we are in lockdown til end of Jan so I'd only be drinking at home anyway.

Reactions: 2
I'm in even though I'm an alcoholic. But any form of support and community spirit in this difficult time is always helpful. Booze is banned in this country for the next couple of weeks anyway, so it will be interesting how I get on.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Was thinking about this the other day. Drinking really affects my sleep so really need to give it a go.
I'm definitely in!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.