Slopalong: Cooking with Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Posted on the MT but I've found my recipe @That Forensic Man - please can you update me for making SMOKY DOGS.

Will not be attempting yet due to the Covid but once I am back on my feet I will put my chefs whites on and get to work xx

That sounds suspiciously like the recipe she mentions at the start of this "vegan dog" atrocity:

View attachment 1700607

And THOSE sausages are great. Anyway, here is the recipe for THESE sausages...
I didn't see your post but have selected to make these beauties! Hope that's ok, have we crossed over? Do I need to have a re-slop?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Link to the wiki, feel free to edit or tag me and I can do the honours ✍

We need to 🔺 recipes for:
Vegan crackling
Afterbirth oats

And allocate the following tributes/requests from:
@Whaa? Veg peeling loaf (extra points if the creator tastes it)
@Nottonightbabe Mandarin and yogurt pasta
@Notmycat Eggy cup

Recipe ideas:
I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure she never came up with a vegan crackling recipe. If she did, it’ll be nicked from ones others have done all over the internet made from rice paper but Jack’s would probably have something bizarre like blamanche to mimic uncooked fat or something

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Posted on the MT but I've found my recipe @That Forensic Man - please can you update me for making SMOKY DOGS.

Will not be attempting yet due to the Covid but once I am back on my feet I will put my chefs whites on and get to work xx

I didn't see your post but have selected to make these beauties! Hope that's ok, have we crossed over? Do I need to have a re-slop?
Go for it! I'm making some sort of bread stew. Soon, if the toddler decides to nap today 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I’ve got veganish if anyone wants recipes from it btw. None of them look original to me, you’ll find better all over the web but there are some Jack twists like boiling spaghetti in beetroot pickle liquid to make it red

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

Though I'm tempted do the tit yourself smoothie. What was the prune drink called again? Just thought I could make it alongside the I'm a Celeb bushtucker trials and see which seems worse.

Edit: That GIF is meant to be a firm 'no'...not just a flailing animal.
IMG20221103204543.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Get up & go as quickly as you can to the nearest toilet. (Sorry if this comment has disturbed any snacking fraus).

Thank you for finding it, @Cookiecookie! Well... I say thank you now, but probably won't be thanking you when this has made its way through my digestive system. Is it too late to back out and do a dry slop instead?? 😂 I'll have to choose a time when I'll be home alone. 'Swift but stimulating' what an evocative phrase. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Get up & go as quickly as you can to the nearest toilet. (Sorry if this comment has disturbed any snacking fraus).

Thank you for finding it, @Cookiecookie! Well... I say thank you now, but probably won't be thanking you when this has made its way through my digestive system. Is it too late to back out and do a dry slop instead?? 😂 I'll have to choose a time when I'll be home alone. 'Swift but stimulating' what an evocative phrase. 😬
They're all horrible, but you might be safer choosing something without prunes. We don't want any Frau actually 💩 themselves for the sake of research! Same with the salad bag pesto.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I'm currently in bed with a gastro issue. I'm invested in this thread but it might not be doing me any good right now. Carry on and I will just close my eyes if I feel I'm going to hurl

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
They're all horrible, but you might be safer choosing something without prunes. We don't want any Frau actually 💩 themselves for the sake of research! Same with the salad bag pesto.
Oh it's fine. If :poop: happens I'll just sue Jack and her publishers. I expect a dramatic court case. You're all invited & will have a chance to wear your best outfits. :p

I would've made a pumble, but someone attempted that on a previous thread. Results were bad. The pears looked unwell and I don't think the crumble ever crumbled. I'm also nervous about releasing a second pumble into the world when the first is still roaming about.

I'm currently in bed with a gastro issue. I'm invested in this thread but it might not be doing me any good right now. Carry on and I will just close my eyes if I feel I'm going to hurl
:( I hope you feel loads better soon. Much safer to avoid the slop until you're recovered.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Slightly off topic, but I used to work at this fancy restaurant and this big engagement party came in. The father of the bride to be was gluten intolerant and someone fucked up somehow, he called the manager the next day to let him know that he’d shat himself whilst driving everyone home so they got a full refund. Maybe something like that could happen Dearheart? 😂 (I know I shouldn’t laugh but the dude also found it funny)

ANYWAY are we just wacking these out whenever? Or do we have a schedule?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Some of us have already seen your besocked feet, you could cook with them?
And you know they'd be cleaner than Jack's hands.

I have actually had a courgette chocolate cake before and it was absolutely delicious. I doubt this one will be.
My neighbour makes lovely courgette chocolate cakes. I was sceptical at first, but she won me over. This is a Monroe recipe, however, so it's probably best to not get your hopes up (or even have hopes).

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.