Slopalong: Cooking with Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Mendacious Trumpet Tiramufu but to make it you get the honour of making another Jack recipe for birthday cake.
I’ll make a slop but I’ll not be thinking about unruly labia while I do it. There are limits to my frauhood.

(Saying that I just paid £15 for aeroplane Wi-Fi to grunk so those limits are pretty high 🤣)

(I also have work emails to do..!)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Oh God I made the mistake of reading this thread before I even had any breakfast (porridge made properly in a pressure cook with just honey) and now I may never eat again 🤢🤢🤢

We really must find some award for all you brave Tattlers that have gone above and beyond to actually try and create these monstrosities (starts penning letter to new King in advance of honours list)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Morning all, thanks to @That Forensic Man for adding to the wiki

This next recipe is from the royal Marsden cancer cookbook, the tagline of the book is "nutritious recipes for during and after cancer treatment to share with friends and family", the recipe is located in there are during treatments part of the book in the main meals section.

This was possibly published during the Allegra years so Leggy possibly had some input into its development, however by the picture that accompanies it, is not really fair to people dealing with cancer as they have enough to deal with, without looking at the bowl of red slop with some green peas.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I’m never making any of her vile output, I’m only here for the lols.

On the stewed steak curry - literally M&S do a tin of chicken tikka for 70/odd pence. I can guarantee juszhing that up with a bit of coriander and mango chutney would be better.

now that this thread exists to spotlight her food I cannot believe she has a food based career.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

On the stewed steak curry - literally M&S do a tin of chicken tikka for 70/odd pence. I can guarantee juszhing that up with a bit of coriander and mango chutney would be better.

now that this thread exists to spotlight her food I cannot believe she has a food based career.
I actually feel we are doing VITALLY IMPORTANT work in this thread. Cooking Jack's slops so unwitting poors don't have to.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
I actually feel we are doing VITALLY IMPORTANT work in this thread. Cooking Jack's slops so unwitting poors don't have to.
I know, dear heart, allow me my outburst ❤ I just hate the thought of anyone enduring her concoctions 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19

BIB: Sums up the whole shebang :)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Honestly - the post with the weird cannelini bean salad where she refers to adding the sludge from the bean can or some tit pushed me over the edge
I do agree that it is literally incredible that someone who doesn't know how to sweat onions has written 6 cookbooks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Ok I’m game to try something… this in particular caught my eye. How bad can cake be?

i see you have fallen into the same trap I did!
Bad, that’s bad cake can be. Very, very bad.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Oh God. This is amazing.
Is anyone else scared to make something in case they like it?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Oh God. This is amazing.
Is anyone else scared to make something in case they like it?
I have made something of hers (firecracker sausages with tragedy mash, which seems to have fallen off her website) and it's not bad, it's part of my regular meal rotation. But I use good quality ingredients and I don't follow her recipe exactly because I can cook.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Again with the “finely slice”. The strawberries in the picture just look sliced to me. I know she doesn’t know what words mean, but she really needs to stop telling people to “finely slice” tit. Unless, like the aubergine in the moussaka, she suggests just using one strawberry per millefeulle.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
@Mendacious Trumpet Tiramufu but to make it you get the honour of making another Jack recipe for birthday cake.
A88D778A-2706-4000-8B1F-C951888DB4D1.jpeg

Translation: “I am a grifter who spunks other people’s money on pricey equipment, but as you readers are all abnormal povvos who watch Jeremy Kyle, instant coffee will have to do.”

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.