Slopalong #2 You can’t polish a turd, but you can cover it in parsley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If it’s off the BBC website it stands a chance of being OK, because they normally correct errors in recipes. (For example the DKL lasagne - they corrected Jack’s white sauce method, as that clearly didn’t work).
Yes having had a bit more of a look at her recipes I think the bbc good food one is okay compared to others. I won’t bother making that.

I did see a courgette risotto microwave recipe where In the recipe she starts going on about garlic but there’s no mention of it on the ingredients list!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
So…now we know why she chucks tit into cold oil! Shout out to all the “super fast and fancy choppers” in da house.
View attachment 1720336
Does she realize how much of a dipshit she makes herself sound?!

PS CONFESSION that she nicks recipes from BBC Food- and has been caught doing so
Did she not think to chop the vegetables first and then start heating the oil? How is it possible to be this stupid?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Oooh she's not very popular on mumsnet 🤭 I'm assuming that wasn't always the case?
They called it a slopathon! Chapeau, mama’s!

So…now we know why she chucks tit into cold oil! Shout out to all the “super fast and fancy choppers” in da house.
View attachment 1720336

PS CONFESSION that she nicks recipes from BBC Food- and has been caught doing so
Who dis, in a dress with baps on display?!
oh that’s right, it’s “Have you seen my tits? I’ve got tits you know! Monroe”. Again.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 1720336

Oh my GOD. I too am a slow chopper. So I chop everything first and separate it into bowls if things need to be added at different times and then when I’ve finished all the PREP I start the cooking. Doesn’t EVERYONE figure this out on their own?!

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Oh my GOD. I too am a slow chopper. So I chop everything first and separate it into bowls if things need to be added at different times and then when I’ve finished all the PREP I start the cooking. Doesn’t EVERYONE figure this out on their own?!
You'd think she'd have learned, what with being such a food hero and reading all those BBC good food mags... What a bleeping idiot she is. And clearly also terrible knife skills.

Food hero my arse

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Pouring the cold oil over the cold veg in the cold pan 😂. No wonder fingers nicked her recipes when they’re this good

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Thank you I’m a disabled Frau but that was an example of me being very very lazy. She has a few long running threads over there last time I looked.
On MN, in the cost of living section "to ask for serious cheap meals"

• Wow
Reactions: 9
mise en place - doing your prep first. Fancy cheffy terminology

• Haha
Reactions: 27
mise en place - doing your prep first. Fancy cheffy terminology
She was SO RUDE about mis en place that it forced me to sign up to tattle - that and her rank hands. Urgh what is her problem.

Excited to report that Covid has LEFT the WFATP household so slop is on the horizon.......

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I just can't imagine being the kind of person who sees the way that all decent cooks prep and cook since the invention of the bleeping frying pan, then thinks "nah, pointless. My way is better".
The absolute arrogance is staggering

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I just can't imagine being the kind of person who sees the way that all decent cooks prep and cook since the invention of the bleeping frying pan, then thinks "nah, pointless. My way is better".
The absolute arrogance is staggering
Can’t get my head around this one. Truly lost for words.

Reactions: 17
I read this as scones are offended easily 🤦🏽‍♀️ I would be too, should I be a jack recipe tbf
Sprout scones 🤢 F
You're amazing, @binkbonk. I had to fire up the laptop so I could watch it again on a bigger screen. The music! :LOL: Perfection! My one criticism is that your hands are immaculate. It was somewhat jarring to see them alongside the rancid slop.

The sprout scones made me furious. HOW are they ever going to cook and rise properly in a frying pan, FFS? I'm not much of a baker, but I do scones quite often and they are so easy. How does she manage to make such a mess of simple recipes? It's ridiculous. Saint Mary of Berry's cheese scones are delicious, simple to make and never fail, if anyone fancies giving them a go (there are no sprouts in them, though, thank god).
Sprout scones 🤢 FML, a hideous day has just become infinitely worse

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Did she not think to chop the vegetables first and then start heating the oil? How is it possible to be this stupid?
ESPECIALLY as she’s a LITERAL FOOD EXPERT who knows (in restaurant parlance) how to get her “mise en place in place”

B7735598-AD83-479C-8A81-FD684D6D3310.jpeg

ETA she still chucked it in a cold pan with cold oil even after this tho IIRC 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.