Slopalong #2 You can’t polish a turd, but you can cover it in parsley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm being cheeky in nominating another but Simple mushroom soup (MICROWAVE) looks suitably vile and has some zingers
  • (NO METAL)
  • a scant tablespoon of water
  • don’t worry if it looks a little gross at the moment
  • bursting/splattering
  • I’ve given up my oven for Lent

Go well tender one, it will be interesting to directly compare the results between the drained fruit cocktail and not drained courgette.
Lest not forget “passive aggressive cabbage”

Tender hearts, spare a thought for my white cat who has now get black coffee on her from my owl champagning.

Also… how do you get away with these Slopalongs with those you live with? Think my OH may think I’ve gone bananas if I start microwaving mushrooms with garlic, knowing the outcome will be as edible as a rubbery shoe:m

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Lest not forget “passive aggressive cabbage”

Tender hearts, spare a thought for my white cat who has now get black coffee on her from my owl champagning.

Also… how do you get away with these Slopalongs with those you live with? Think my OH may think I’ve gone bananas if I start microwaving mushrooms with garlic, knowing the outcome will be as edible as a rubbery shoe:m
Same babe. Some intrepid fraus have resorted to mounting fully covert slopping operations.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I mean...you fry Potato Scones (aka Tattie Scones if you're Scottish or Potato Farls if you're Irish) on a griddle, and they are very, very good. But they're made with different ingedients and they are much, much thinner and a different texture, and don't rise.

I really think she's got confused somewhere with that recipe and muddled up the two different food items and cooking methods. How peculiar!
I put it down to Jack's Theory Of Interchangeability. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 12
@binkbonk there aren’t enough CHAPEAUS in France for that video
🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩
I don’t want to sound like I’m on Mumsnet but I’m not exaggerating when I say I had tears rolling down my face 🦉 🍾
Oh God that’s made my year! Thank you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
But you only need to use a third of it, according to the recipe? So wasteful!!
Also - lemon juice AND vinegar? No sense of taste left, obvs.

Excuse me, dear house of Carb, I done this with the chippy eggs in a cup.
a trailblazer, if you may…

How about a whole bunch in a pesto, dear heart?

That spork! 🫣
Yes, yes you have, you absolute star! Definitely a trailblazer showing us the way.😁
This is going to sound unhinged (what's new then🤦‍♀️), but I actually feel sorry for the food. All those poor ingredients, waiting to be turned into delicious food, only to be callously murdered by the Slop...😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
C965E565-7212-4AC0-A2F7-64A6FE7470BE.jpeg

I have assembled all the ingredients for kidney bean and pineapple curry but I am so hungover just looking at them is making me feel unwell. Plus I spilt curry powder EVERYWHERE (lid vanished)

I have real ginger not paste because I’m FANCY

I will attempt this today but I may die in the process before I even taste it.

Oh and I’m not buying the fresh coriander that Jackie says you should garnish it with because a) I don’t like it b) I can’t be fucked to go to Sainsbos and c) it would be an utter waste of a good 99p

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Same babe. Some intrepid fraus have resorted to mounting fully covert slopping operations.
Sister has cancelled her plans and offered to make dinner so I don't know if I'll be able to do mine today 😭. Also struggling to find either tinned custard or tinned rhubarb so may need to find an alternative slop... Going to try the Turkish grocers near me that stocks everything

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.