Slimmingworldxgemx #3 Last Xmas gave us an aff, it was too small to see, she's having a laugh!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I enjoy Gemma’s feed. I think she’s harmless and is generally positive. She seems like a good mother.
I just wonder how she does it all and it does make me feel bad at times but fair play to her for doing it. I wish I was that motivated and productive!

Reactions: 5
I enjoy Gemma’s feed. I think she’s harmless and is generally positive. She seems like a good mother.
I just wonder how she does it all and it does make me feel bad at times but fair play to her for doing it. I wish I was that motivated and productive!
I agree, her posts are a bit samesy now and I kinda preferred her posts a couple years ago (they were a bit more real and honest) but I did wonder if she will soon try to branch away from the whole slimming world thing and try to go down the more spa, fitness, beauty kinda page..
I think she’s harmless though but it does make me feel bad when she’s obviously getting heavily discounted items and takes the time to make things look pretty etc that I just don’t have the time nor money like she must have to fork out tons all the time on clothes, expensive gym gear etc x

Reactions: 3
I’m glad it’s not just me struggling to find time. I wish Gemma would give some tips. I know she has a diary for planning etc., but that’s something I would find helpful and interesting. There must be ways of organising and planning. She always seems to be ahead of the game somehow! How does she do it??
I’m past caring about her ads. It bothered me when I didn’t realise but I don’t think she endorses much she doesn’t use and if she’s sharing her life why shouldn’t she get some kickbacks.

Reactions: 2
That’s because she wants you to view her as harmless because it’s in her best interests financially that you do. The plethora of consistently hidden ads suggest her page is far more calculated than she wants you to believe and she lets her mask slip every so often when she lashes out on the odd occasion.

Nobody lives the life she portrays, it’s all smoke and mirrors and the amount of time she seems to invest in Instagram suggests her life isn’t the happy, picture perfect, foliage adorned Cath Kidston dream she makes out it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
That’s because she wants you to view her as harmless because it’s in her best interests financially that you do. The plethora of consistently hidden ads suggest her page is far more calculated than she wants you to believe and she lets her mask slip every so often when she lashes out on the odd occasion.

Nobody lives the life she portrays, it’s all smoke and mirrors and the amount of time she seems to invest in Instagram suggests her life isn’t the happy, picture perfect, foliage adorned Cath Kidston dream she makes out it is.
It was the taking pictures of herself in a brace after being in a car accident for me. Who uses that as a selfie opportunity?

Reactions: 15
The boot room!! I Mean it’s a very nice alcove. But it’s not a boot room. She thinks she lives in Downton!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Her instagram is a work of art. Her pictures are nice, but her diet that she enforces on others annoys me, and she is as obsessed with white as Geri Horner is. I feel that Olivia lives in a cupboard under the stairs, and is only let out for photo opportunities. No, you can't play with other children. No you can't have a takeaway. No you can't do this. But you can dust the eucalyptus. I really hope I'm wrong. (I'd like to firm up my case by citing the matching bunny slippers et al).

Reactions: 13

100%
And far from harmless when it has other women questioning why they aren't able to do all the things she supposedly does or question their time management, parenting or housekeeping or self care or why they're not finding the time to read the most low brow books (sorry I cringe but I'm an English lit grad so probably a snob). Why they're unable to dress like a 50's housewife or why they're unable to have le creuset pots or Nike leggings or espa hair clay. It's a facade to entice women into purchasing these items. If they do, they'll have a happy wonderful life like her. It's a new age of advertising and keeping up with the Jones. Her LinkedIn bio says it all. Her instagram is a business. Her page is far from harmless. She recycles old pics of meals after her "busiest ever busy monday" to make it look like that despite fitting everything in, she's also tanned her legs and cooked a stew. Fake. Unhealthy and damaging on society.

And if you don't buy these items, you won't be happy. Your self esteem and mental health will diminish quicker than her salary must do.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think compared to other “influencers” she is harmless she just thinks she’s better/posher than perhaps she is.
I wouldn’t feel bad that she doesn’t it all and more.......in order to take all these perfect pictures of her food etc she needs to have an element of selfishness (not always a bad thing) don’t forget her mum is very hands on with Olivia and she has a husband at home who probably does a lot in order for Gemma to make her Instagram the way it is 🤷🏻‍♀️
part of me feels she uses Olivia for photo opportunities then leaves others to parent her while she does what she does.....who knows though x

Reactions: 4
100%
And far from harmless when it has other women questioning why they aren't able to do all the things she supposedly does or question their time management, parenting or housekeeping or self care or why they're not finding the time to read the most low brow books (sorry I cringe but I'm an English lit grad so probably a snob). Why they're unable to dress like a 50's housewife or why they're unable to have le creuset pots or Nike leggings or espa hair clay. It's a facade to entice women into purchasing these items. If they do, they'll have a happy wonderful life like her. It's a new age of advertising and keeping up with the Jones. Her LinkedIn bio says it all. Her instagram is a business. Her page is far from harmless. She recycles old pics of meals after her "busiest ever busy monday" to make it look like that despite fitting everything in, she's also tanned her legs and cooked a stew. Fake. Unhealthy and damaging on society.

And if you don't buy these items, you won't be happy. Your self esteem and mental health will diminish quicker than her salary must do.
Got a bit bored and had a scroll (not even that far!) 🤣 Her feed is full of reused pictures...

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I actually would go as far as saying she's more dangerous (well not dangerous, but you know...) than other influences because she hides behind a facade of being so 'normal'. Very deceptive. People often mistake her account as just an account of a woman who follows slimming world and is a working mum. They don't even realise she is an influencer. That's where the whole facade begins.
Most people know that influences have a different lifestyle to the majority of the population and that what their lifestyle entails is unobtainable. But gemma (also an influencer) allows people to believe her lifestyle is something they can have, because she's 'just a normal girl' like everyone else.

Her food pics.....recycled.
Her runs she posts....recycled.
She gets so much help with childcare.
She gets so much clothing and candles and god knows what, gifted.

Her portraying this lifestyle (which is fake, I'm glad you all see now how she recycles her pics) is making women who follow her feel inferior. That their time management skills and food prep skills are rubbish compared to hers. Even on this thread we have had comments from people asking "how does she fit it all in"? Answer is, she doesn't. She didn't have stacked pancakes with one teaspoon of nutella (which said teaspoon of nutella could cover the m25), she probably had a bloody banana this morning and just rehashed an old pic to make it look like she's got time to make a super breakfast. Bananas aren't inspiring and tbh I think she likes making other people feel crap for not having all the time in the world to make insta worthy dishes.

Even the pics of her candle lit baths have been reused. Likelihood is that she isn't in bath relaxing but she's slobbing out on the sofa watching Corrie or whatever.

She is so clever and cunning when she does an oopsie little order. She'll purposely have the size shown on the clothing or the price tag showing.

Even her flower Friday pics have been recycled. I'll bet my last dollar she doesn't get fresh flowers EVERY Friday like she will have her followers believe. If she does then why recycle the pics?
Her selfies look a million miles different to what she actually looks like in real life.

She's been caught lying several times. The whole playing in the snow incident.

She gets kicks out of making people feel inferior I think. She loves the comments about how does she fit it all in and always loves to claim how she's the most tired and overworked person in the world. I'd say, when you're lying about your daily achievements to make other people feel inferior and rubbish about theirs, that is more deceptive and dangerous than a lot of well known influencers who we know are lying. My opinion anyway :)

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Can’t believe how easy it was to find that ugly bungalow online just from knowing the area she lives. Yes she’s decorated it nice, but only as a show home, there’s no life in it. You’d think with her flashy job and andrews wage they could’ve bought something a lot nicer

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I actually would go as far as saying she's more dangerous (well not dangerous, but you know...) than other influences because she hides behind a facade of being so 'normal'. Very deceptive. People often mistake her account as just an account of a woman who follows slimming world and is a working mum. They don't even realise she is an influencer. That's where the whole facade begins.
Most people know that influences have a different lifestyle to the majority of the population and that what their lifestyle entails is unobtainable. But gemma (also an influencer) allows people to believe her lifestyle is something they can have, because she's 'just a normal girl' like everyone else.

Her portraying this lifestyle (which is fake, I'm glad you all see now how she recycles her pics) is making women who follow her feel inferior. That their time management skills and food prep skills are rubbish compared to hers. Even on this thread we have had comments from people asking "how does she fit it all in"? Answer is, she doesn't. She didn't have stacked pancakes with one teaspoon of nutella (which said teaspoon of nutella could cover the m25), she probably had a bloody banana this morning and just rehashed an old pic to make it look like she's got time to make a super breakfast. Bananas aren't inspiring and tbh I think she likes making other people feel crap for not having all the time in the world to make insta worthy dishes.

Even the pics of her candle lit baths have been reused. Likelihood is that she isn't in bath relaxing but she's slobbing out on the sofa watching Corrie or whatever.

She is so clever and cunning when she does an oopsie little order. She'll purposely have the size shown on the clothing or the price tag showing.

Even her flower Friday pics have been recycled. I'll bet my last dollar she doesn't get fresh flowers EVERY Friday like she will have her followers believe. If she does then why recycle the pics?
Her selfies look a million miles different to what she actually looks like in real life.

She gets kicks out of making people feel inferior I think. She loves the comments about how does she fit it all in and always loves to claim how she's the most tired and overworked person in the world. I'd say, when you're lying about your daily achievements to make other people feel inferior and rubbish about theirs, that is more deceptive and dangerous than a lot of well known influencers who we know are lying. My opinion anyway :)
This 👏🏽👏🏽 Well said.

Reactions: 3

Her account is a ‘business’ account, she pretty much says as much on her LinkedIn account. She has a private account which probably shows her smiling and slobbing on the sofa with her fella. Her business account might as well be The Hut Groups insta!

Reactions: 6
Her account is a ‘business’ account, she pretty much says as much on her LinkedIn account. She has a private account which probably shows her smiling and slobbing on the sofa with her fella. Her business account might as well be The Hut Groups insta!
Yes but I'm guessing a large proportion of her followers will not be aware her account is a business account, they won't look her up on LinkedIn or whatever. And even if it is a business account, what purpose does her lying have other than to put herself on a pedestal and make others feel inferior? Loads of her comments she gets are 'I wish my time management was as good as yours' or superwomen etc when she rolls out the stew and dumplings again after working for the day in back to back meetings in London followed by choir practice and a long run to unwind and an hour to relax in the bath, exfoliate and apply fake tan. All by 5.30pm. Hmm.
Once you know the fakery of certain accounts you just laugh at the absurdness of them but hers is teetering on that thin line where it's a business but disguised as a personal daily life account.

But oh well.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.