Slimmingworldxgemx #2 Reading books like one breathes air but doesn’t know if it’s there or their

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
According to her friend she did it with it took them 6.5 hours. So she didn’t run it then.
I have run quite a few marathons and they take me 6.5 hours. What do you mean by she didn’t run it?

I run a 5k in 36 mins which is just under 12 minute miles. A marathon is running nearly 8 and a half 5ks back to back so obviously after that amount of time you will slow down. You have to take on fuel and drink water, deal with cramps it’s not easy at all. I might not be a fast runner but I am still a runner. Even if you stop and walked a few times you would still be a runner. I go out and run at least 13 miles every Sunday just because I don’t do it in 1 hour 30 doesn’t make me not a runner. I have to work my arse off training every week of the year to raise money for charities and think it’s disgusting that just because I am not kipchoge it doesn’t make me a runner.

If someone wants to tell me I am not go ahead. I would also love to know you marathon times. You have got to be an absolute bleep or not a runner to tell someone they aren’t.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
No discredit to anyone who’s time is that for running it. I run myself and have never pushed past 10k. I’m 100% a plodder - I’d be lucky to complete a marathon in 2 days!

My issue is that she posts like she ran it like a pro, with perfect hair and make up. She’s evasive of posting the time because it doesn’t suit her Mary poppins perfect lifestyle.

Reactions: 11
As mentioned, she barely ran it. Her Strava is public and shows her pace as 13 mins 33 secs per mile. For context, I class myself as a very average, on the slower side runner, and tend to hit about 10mins per mile. I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to take away from anyone that runs/ran the marathon/other races at a similar pace to Gemma AT ALL, because it's still a huge achievement and well done to anyone that slogs it out for that long, BUT she makes out like she's Paula bloody Radcliffe and it gets right on my tits.
I once trained for a long distance walk (100k) and for the first part of it could hit 15 minute miles and I am not good at speed, more stamina to keep going. Like you say, I wouldn't take anything away from her as I personally can't run but my god she's got a martyr complex

Reactions: 2
I have run quite a few marathons and they take me 6.5 hours. What do you mean by she didn’t run it?

I run a 5k in 36 mins which is just under 12 minute miles. A marathon is running nearly 8 and a half 5ks back to back so obviously after that amount of time you will slow down. You have to take on fuel and drink water, deal with cramps it’s not easy at all. I might not be a fast runner but I am still a runner. Even if you stop and walked a few times you would still be a runner. I go out and run at least 13 miles every Sunday just because I don’t do it in 1 hour 30 doesn’t make me not a runner. I have to work my arse off training every week of the year to raise money for charities and think it’s disgusting that just because I am not kipchoge it doesn’t make me a runner.

If someone wants to tell me I am not go ahead. I would also love to know you marathon times. You have got to be an absolute bleep or not a runner to tell someone they aren’t.
You ok there Gemma 🙋🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
No discredit to anyone who’s time is that for running it. I run myself and have never pushed past 10k. I’m 100% a plodder - I’d be lucky to complete a marathon in 2 days!

My issue is that she posts like she ran it like a pro, with perfect hair and make up. She’s evasive of posting the time because it doesn’t suit her Mary poppins perfect lifestyle.
Yes 100% this. If you run you are a runner but let’s be honest, she’d be sharing the time all over the place if she got a sub 4hrs.

You’ve made this personal to you, which it isn’t. Anyone that does any race, park run, lap of their street is a runner. However, this is about Gemma, who will post every run time if it makes her look good and suits her narrative of being little miss perfect but doesn’t post her marathon time. Why??

Reactions: 17
You ok there Gemma 🙋🏻‍♀️😂
Gemma is a lot faster than me on a 5k actually!

I personally don't post my marathon times because of peoples comments such as 'she didn't run it' or 'I could walk it in that time' I won't lie or not tell people if they ask but when you have just been out running for over six hours and spent 16 weeks intense training to get comments like that its tit.

Reactions: 4
I couldn’t run (or walk!) a marathon ! So hats of to anyone that can & does. Same with park runs, 10ks etc. I think I most peoples problem with Gemma is that if you & her both did a marathon - somehow she would find a way to be a martyr about it & her achievement would be better than yours. In the way she’s the only person that’s ever busy, works a full week etc & always the most tired girl in the world. She has one child, a husband & a mum for support & sometimes does a very long drive to do a job she clearly loves, faffing about in a spa. Most women (mums & non mums) have a more challenging week than she does & don’t have the time for 3 hour espa baths or to dick about with flower fridays & doing a flat lay photo shoot for everyone frigging meal 🙄 it think it’s the smugness that people object to.

I couldn’t run (or walk!) a marathon ! So hats of to anyone that can & does. Same with park runs, 10ks etc. I think I most peoples problem with Gemma is that if you & her both did a marathon - somehow she would find a way to be a martyr about it & her achievement would be better than yours. In the way she’s the only person that’s ever busy, works a full week etc & always the most tired girl in the world. She has one child, a husband & a mum for support & sometimes does a very long drive to do a job she clearly loves, faffing about in a spa. Most women (mums & non mums) have a more challenging week than she does & don’t have the time for 3 hour espa baths or to dick about with flower fridays & doing a flat lay photo shoot for everyone frigging meal 🙄 it think it’s the smugness that people object to.
Just as a side note, I have much more respect for the people who compete a marathon in 5/6 hours than the ones who whizz through it with a PB. To run / jog/ walk for that amount of time takes a lot of mental strength !

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@Bossinglife I completely see where you're coming from having never done a marathon but I've done a half marathon and know how hard it is. The difference is you trained for your marathon and should be bloody proud. What's pissed me off is that she makes out it's like a walk in the park and does zero training and can complete it looking immaculate. I'd be an absolute state! She a martyr and it should be taken seriously not just flippantly like she seems to think it is.

Reactions: 10
To be fair, I ran the Paris marathon and looked pretty immaculate at the end, despite how I felt. Laura marcer setting powder worked wonders, plus I'm from tropical Queensland, so the heat doesn't effect me.

I'm conflicted about how I feel with her running. On one hand I do see the selfish point of view, that she needs to remain healthy and alive for her daughter, but on the flip side, she's showing her daughter that no matter what life throws at you or tells you you can't do, you actually can. And she hasn't died yet (well actually she claims she did on one of the marathons but y'know....she lived to tell the story)!!! 😅😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It’s Friday, she won’t be quiet today. We will get half an arm holding eucalyptus before you know it. On another note, why did Spanjee’s thread get closed?
I’ve just tried to post on it to say how absolutely unbearable she is. What grates me the most is her fake Geordie accent when she’s from Middlesbrough aboit 30 mile south of Newcastle. It’s so false and put on. And I’m sorry but if I was 30 something married to a 50+ bloke who looked more feminine than me, living in a flat. I’d be questioning my choices. Her fillers are absolutely awful btw.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve just tried to post on it to say how absolutely unbearable she is. What grates me the most is her fake Geordie accent when she’s from Middlesbrough aboit 30 mile south of Newcastle. It’s so false and put on. And I’m sorry but if I was 30 something married to a 50+ bloke who looked more feminine than me, living in a flat. I’d be questioning my choices. Her fillers are absolutely awful btw.
Think you've commented on the wrong thread!!!

Unless you were talking of this spanjee person.... I'm needing coffee haha

• Haha
Definitely sounds like you’re on about Spanjee 😂

• Haha
Deffo a spanjee post 🤣🤣🤣 p.s I agree! She's an absolute tool of a person. She looks like the kid catcher

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Basically she goes away every weekend for the night with her dad and then gets a massive takeaway upon returning home.
🙄 parmo.... feeling fluffy....living my best life.....Happy weight...gym for a day.... have you even *insert insta wanker saying*...?....IBEEEFA ...duck off Angela with 2 LL's... OK I'll stop hijacking the thread now 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
🙄 parmo.... feeling fluffy....living my best life.....Happy weight...gym for a day.... have you even *insert insta wanker saying*...?....IBEEEFA ...duck off Angela with 2 LL's... OK I'll stop hijacking the thread now 😄
ah man- gutted am blocked by her on both accounts- miss slagging her off1 shame her thread Has closed 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.