Slimming world Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She seems to be really struggling, I'm no doctor but it genuinely seems like she has an ed
SW should NOT be allowing this girl to keep going to her group and continue to lose like this. Is there any safeguarding in place at all for people like her and myself and many others who lose big and can’t stop?

As someone who was overweight like her, my whole life, I was conditioned to lose weight, diet, restrict and hate my “fat” body. I understand her evident struggles with maintaining or “gaining” to be in her “target range”. My heart breaks for her. Someone at SW must see her struggling, surely? Isn’t she nearly a stone “under target”?
The poor lass is still weighing in every week and she surely must be feeling deflated mentally, literally and physically.

I bleeping hate SW and any other “diet” that is a money making scheme/“business” that preys on the vulnerable people in our world with food issues, weight issues, body image issues and any other issues surrounding food. I’m sorry if anyone here has been sucked into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
SW should NOT be allowing this girl to keep going to her group and continue to lose like this. Is there any safeguarding in place at all for people like her and myself and many others who lose big and can’t stop?

As someone who was overweight like her, my whole life, I was conditioned to lose weight, diet, restrict and hate my “fat” body. I understand her evident struggles with maintaining or “gaining” to be in her “target range”. My heart breaks for her. Someone at SW must see her struggling, surely? Isn’t she nearly a stone “under target”?
The poor lass is still weighing in every week and she surely must be feeling deflated mentally, literally and physically.

I bleeping hate SW and any other “diet” that is a money making scheme/“business” that preys on the vulnerable people in our world with food issues, weight issues, body image issues and any other issues surrounding food. I’m sorry if anyone here has been sucked into it.
Agreed!
There was an account years ago.. I can’t remember her name.. grace married a guy call dan, childhood sweethearts.
Grace was like a 18/20.. did sw and dropped down to 4/6.. she looked ill and also sooooo old! I remember messaging her she was really nice and honest about how she felt pressured to keep going with sw and sucked in. She then disappeared and gained the weight back probs to a size 16. Came back A few years ago and was trying to lose weight for their wedding a few years ago. Since has had a baby and I can’t find her sw account but found a private on and she looks happy! Probably the only genuine one

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Agreed!
There was an account years ago.. I can’t remember her name.. grace something but married a guy call dan, childhood sweethearts.
Grace was like a 18/20.. did sw and dropped down to 4/6.. she looked ill and also sooooo old! I remember messaging her she was really nice and honest about how she felt pressured to keep going with sw and sucked in. She then disappeared and gained the weight back probs to a size 16. Came back A few years ago and was trying to lose weight for their wedding a few years ago. Since has had a baby and I can’t find her account 😭
It really does kill me inside when I see people struggling and carrying on retrying it and punishing their bodies. I’m trying so hard to get myself better so I can start to make a difference to the way these business bastards operate.

It’s my dream to educate and work with people who struggle, as someone who has suffered so severely.

Reactions: 4
Where did the Wrights go? I’ve read some stuff on here from a few months ago but they were all over ingaram like a rash then deleted. Did they break up or get fat?

• Haha
Agreed!
There was an account years ago.. I can’t remember her name.. grace married a guy call dan, childhood sweethearts.
Grace was like a 18/20.. did sw and dropped down to 4/6.. she looked ill and also sooooo old! I remember messaging her she was really nice and honest about how she felt pressured to keep going with sw and sucked in. She then disappeared and gained the weight back probs to a size 16. Came back A few years ago and was trying to lose weight for their wedding a few years ago. Since has had a baby and I can’t find her sw account but found a private on and she looks happy! Probably the only genuine one
I was quite friendly with her for a while, even chatted on snapchat etc but lost touch when she got pregnant..glad to hear she is doing well though!
She did get far too skinny at one point.

Reactions: 1
I was quite friendly with her for a while, even chatted on snapchat etc but lost touch when she got pregnant..glad to hear she is doing well though!
She did get far too skinny at one point.
Awhh yeah she was lush! Worked in a cafe didn’t she? I really liked her and glad she’s gained a healthy weight! I had a look on fb and the little boy looks so cute!

I’m a binger thanks to SW. Gained all but 1st back. Desperate to get hold of it but they won’t get a penny of mine again.
I found myself nearly slipping into this, literally I would have a Saturday ‘off plan’ and it was as if I’d never seen food before I was like an animal eating anything and everything because I was allowing myself an ‘off plan’ day

I found myself nearly slipping into this, literally I would have a Saturday ‘off plan’ and it was as if I’d never seen food before I was like an animal eating anything and everything because I was allowing myself an ‘off plan’ day
I think we have all been there! It’s so bad! I stupidly signed up in January for a 12week countdown.. went 3 weeks and had enough.
My consultant is so overweight it’s unbelievable. She’s one of the first consultants and on an old contract so they can’t sack her!

Reactions: 6

As far as I know once you're within the normal BMI they'll keep letting you lower your target. You can't be in an underweight BMI or you have to aim to gain I think??

I think we have all been there! It’s so bad! I stupidly signed up in January for a 12week countdown.. went 3 weeks and had enough.
My consultant is so overweight it’s unbelievable. She’s one of the first consultants and on an old contract so they can’t sack her!
Yes mine was huge!! She was so judgemental too

Reactions: 3
Yes mine was huge!! She was so judgemental too
Tbh mine was lovely but years ago when I did it with her I knew I had gained weight as I’d been at a wedding “off plan” and then binged all day the next day when hungover her response was “oooh what did you have?” I said McDonald’s etc and she Was like oooh I love those cheese bites.. yeah you look like you do 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

• Haha
As far as I know once you're within the normal BMI they'll keep letting you lower your target. You can't be in an underweight BMI or you have to aim to gain I think??
Yes but you have to pay for the privilege of getting weighed while trying to put on the weight. Nothing happens if you keep losing other than you keep paying until your are back up at your target. That poor girl is paying every week while her eating disorder gets worse. You can read the desperation in her posts

• Heart
Yes but you have to pay for the privilege of getting weighed while trying to put on the weight. Nothing happens if you keep losing other than you keep paying until your are back up at your target. That poor girl is paying every week while her eating disorder gets worse. You can read the desperation in her posts
Thats an absolute disgrace. Really hope she's OK.

I must have missed the one you mean but I haven’t seen many of her posts come up on my timeline lately. I’m an ex self harmer too, but have only noticed the folds of loose skin before. I hope she gets the help she needs
she has posted on her stories she is poorly mentally and physically? Her latest dinner wouldn’t feed a bird.
Very worrying, she needs to get off Instagram and get proper help, I hope she’s getting it.
duck Slimming World, when I see the posters in the GP surgery I want to bleeping scream

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
she has posted on her stories she is poorly mentally and physically? Her latest dinner wouldn’t feed a bird.
Very worrying, she needs to get off Instagram and get proper help, I hope she’s getting it.
duck Slimming World, when I see the posters in the GP surgery I want to bleeping scream
This wouldn't fill me for a lunch to be honest

Her dinner is carrots, lettuce and some couscous! She has a partner, I hope they can see she is not coping. She’s desperate to gain weight but isn’t eating food that will do that, poor girl she’s not even that old.

Her dinner is carrots, lettuce and some couscous! She has a boyfriend, I hope he can see she is not coping. She’s desperate to gain weight but isn’t eating food that will do that, poor girl she’s not even that old.
She has a girlfriend, that commented on her +1 post saying how proud she was of her. Hope she's getting the right support x

She has a girlfriend, that commented on her +1 post saying how proud she was of her. Hope she's getting the right support x
Sorry I didn’t realise, haven’t followed her for long. I really hope she is, she needs to up her calories and get some protein in.

• Heart
Her stories and posts don’t seem to be coming up on my feed as I said, they haven’t been for a while, so I was quite shocked when I read her posts and seen she was so far under target

Nobody stepped in for me. I was praised for losing big numbers EVERY week. They don’t actually have nutritional training, knowledge on balanced regular eating or the tools to spot this type of thing. SW is a money making scheme that leeches off of vulnerable desperate over weight people. I know I’m generalising about all “consultants” but I honestly haven’t got a good thing to say about SW and the cunts who promote it as a “lifestyle”.

I now suffer with a severe ED. I don’t blame SW for my ED but I do believe they triggered it within me. They promote binge eating on “free foods” and heavily restrict groups like fats and sugars. This is an ED waiting to happen in someone who already struggles with weight/body image/food.
I’m sorry it doesn’t work for some people but it does work for others like myself

Does anybody follow lucywhartonsw? She lost 4.5 stone in 8 months to hit target and has managed to keep it off. She does follow the plan correctly and understands about calories.

I used to find her quite funny but then she always comes on her stories, swears loads, even in front of her two young children (she even swears at them), never seems to stick a brush through her hair.
Yea she lives near me and she’s done really well

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.