Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a normal (i think lol) non-slimming world person and I have never had sprouts with a curry 😁
I’m a normal SW’er and I’ve had sprouts in a curry and in a risotto but never on the side of a normal meal. I only ever pay attention to the 1/3 speed on the plate and not in the dish itself if I’m not seeing the results I want.

Reactions: 2
Piss off Chloe. You've put some powdered sugar on wholemeal bread. It's not french toast
Silly girl, if she had used a teacake (bap, barm, roll, muffin..whatever other heretical names people choose) instead she could have a had herself a syn free doughnut

Through the power of deprivation (or desperation not mutually exclusive) and with a dash of delusion, you too can believe a stale lump of bread, a layer of laboratory made white powder than would make Pablo Escobar blush and a smidge of jam are just like a Krispy Kreme
Screenshot_20230301-170933_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Silly girl, if she had used a teacake (bap, barm, roll, muffin..whatever other heretical names people choose) instead she could have a had herself a syn free doughnut

Through the power of deprivation (or desperation not mutually exclusive) and with a dash of delusion, you too can believe a stale lump of bread, a layer of laboratory made white powder than would make Pablo Escobar blush and a smidge of jam are just like a Krispy Kreme
View attachment 1996350
WTF is THAT? 🤮 Surely the cals are similar 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 9
WTF is THAT? 🤮 Surely the cals are similar 🫠
You've never come across the one syn doughnut?
They were all the rage at my group at one point, had their moment on insta too
This was before people started pissing about with the silicone moulds and oats

Screenshot_20230301-172402_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230301-172522_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8

View attachment 1996410View attachment 1996411
Yeah I've seen them unfortunately over the years
....it's just that that one looks particularly 🤮🤣 the gluton free roll with squirty cream in it was also a sw concoction. Wtf is going on in their heads 😵💫

• Haha
Reactions: 6
To be fair when we were kids our school’s idea of a cake at lunch was a finger roll covered in icing so I know where they got the idea 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
To be fair when we were kids our school’s idea of a cake at lunch was a finger roll covered in icing so I know where they got the idea 😂
Iced fingers used to be the cheapest thing at Greggs for 17p used to get them after school.
This was back when steak bakes were 75p so a while back ha

Reactions: 8
My lunch was mostly a hot sausage roll, jam doughnut and a can of Diet Pepsi. Those were the days of eating shite and not putting on weight

Reactions: 5
My lunch was mostly a hot sausage roll, jam doughnut and a can of Diet Pepsi. Those were the days of eating shite and not putting on weight
We used to have a really good independent bakers by college. I would have a giant ham and cheese crusty roll. A cake and a Diet Coke every day. I miss my teenage ‘fat’ body 😂

Reactions: 7

View attachment 1996410View attachment 1996411
Why would you do this? If you want a doughnut, just buy one and eat it instead of this foolish nonsense. For the sake of 50-100 calories difference have something you would actually enjoy. This is why slimming world is damaging to people with bad relationships with food, it makes them worse.

Reactions: 22
I was looking back on some old photos and thinking about how gaunt I looked when I was close to target on SW as well as how gaunt some of the target accounts or close to I follow on Insta look.

I think it’s got a lot to do with the fact you don’t really get any healthy fats unless you eat oily fish or have nuts as a healthy B. I did exercise but it’s not exactly encouraged and I think you end up losing a lot of muscle as well as fat.

Since January I’ve been hitting the gym, getting my steps in and trying to eat healthier but made a conscious decision that I am never going to rejoin SW. My body has changed shape, I’ve gone down a dress size, I feel a lot better and have started getting a few compliments. Total weight loss? 3lb 😂 imagine if I’d rejoined SW after Christmas and lost that. I’d be crying and my old consultant would probably banish me for ruining her figures! Just goes to show it’s not all about the scales but SW is totally focused on weight.

Reactions: 17
I was looking back on some old photos and thinking about how gaunt I looked when I was close to target on SW as well as how gaunt some of the target accounts or close to I follow on Insta look.

I think it’s got a lot to do with the fact you don’t really get any healthy fats unless you eat oily fish or have nuts as a healthy B. I did exercise but it’s not exactly encouraged and I think you end up losing a lot of muscle as well as fat.

Since January I’ve been hitting the gym, getting my steps in and trying to eat healthier but made a conscious decision that I am never going to rejoin SW. My body has changed shape, I’ve gone down a dress size, I feel a lot better and have started getting a few compliments. Total weight loss? 3lb 😂 imagine if I’d rejoined SW after Christmas and lost that. I’d be crying and my old consultant would probably banish me for ruining her figures! Just goes to show it’s not all about the scales but SW is totally focused on weight.
Slimming world is scales focused and nothing else. I think it shames you into thinking life is wrong. It is very damaging in a post covid world and I am so pleased you’re realising this.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.