Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've not been since May when I hit target of 9st10....my consultant said "oh great, now shall we lower your target" erm no thanks, really put me off. I'm 5ft8 and was a size 8, really pissed me off.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
I've not been since May when I hit target of 9st10....my consultant said "oh great, now shall we lower your target" erm no thanks, really put me off. I'm 5ft8 and was a size 8, really pissed me off.
Wow lower your target so she can still collect your 6 quid

Reactions: 14
The consultant who ripped us off, gave money and food away to the social team members daughter made us aware of free rejoining as if nothing has ever happened. The community group is going well and we are still over £2 cheaper than slimmingworld as we run not for profit.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The consultant who ripped us off, gave money and food away to the social team members daughter made us aware of free rejoining as if nothing has ever happened. The community group is going well and we are still over £2 cheaper than slimmingworld as we run not for profit.
I wish this group was near me!

Reactions: 5
Mine (from 3 years ago!!!) did too, looking back on my texts with her, she's messaged every 6 months for last 2 years, I've never replied!
I told my last one she was rubbish and SW is a con in front of the group so doubt I’ll be hearing from her. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Interesting trend I noticed near me is that theres only one group on a saturday morning in the big town near me but loads of groups in the outlying villages where the populations are older and probably have members who have been using it as a social club for years.
All the consultants are mostly over 50 too the youngest is the area manager and my old consultant and shes in her 40s.

It has definitely lost all appeal with the under 40s or even I daresay under 50s.

I joined a local one when I moved and it was literally an OAP social club….it felt so wrong as these lonely old dears were paying out every week for company as they sure as hell weren’t following the plan, most of them were putting weight on every week

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I joined a local one when I moved and it was literally an OAP social club….it felt so wrong as these lonely old dears were paying out every week for company as they sure as hell weren’t following the plan, most of them were putting weight on every week
Can hear the stories now
'Why do you think you gained this week sue?'

'Ohh i started out well. I had me quark and fruit for brekkie and I had a few of them iceland meals...the on friday my Dave wanted a ch*inky..ooh! Sorry I know yer can't say that now (giggles from group) sorry a meant chinese. I got black bean and beef but I had some of daves chips and a couple of prawn toasts...i did try to be good..i had summa that seaweed for speed..is that not speed? (Consultant shakes head) ohhh i didn't know...oh well I tried.

Then on Saturday it was me grandaughter Kirsty - Lees wedding...i'll show yer the photos at end of group Julie...anyway, yer know how it is u gotta celebrate and they had a lovely buffet...reet nice do wasn't it Christine? (Christine nods) yeah christine went too ont grooms side...anyway as I was sayin'.....'

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I blocked mine after she invited me back 3 times. The woman had gained weight each week, over the 12 weeks I attended….witch, how are you gonna tell me how to lose weight when you clearly don’t take your own advice 😄😄
Mine (from 3 years ago!!!) did too, looking back on my texts with her, she's messaged every 6 months for last 2 years, I've never replied!

• Haha
I haven’t heard from either of my old ones in ages. I could tell neither of them liked me as they both used to whizz through the motions with me in group then spend ages listening to war and peace from Tracey who was in tears cos she couldn’t stay away from the biscuit tin at work 😂😂

I do have really bad resting witch face to be fair 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I love all these so called inspirational slimmers who are attending the ball have been frantically trying to lose weight ready for tomorrow.. shame you dont all follow the plan all year round you absolute festival of cunts.

I can't wait to see snares at a weightloss ball looking like a human blancmange 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 20
My FB timeline is blowing up with SW consultants scrabbling for previous members to return (by dropping the joining fee if you have your old card/membership pack) and defending the current weekly fee as being less than 2 cappuccinos at Costa or fish n chips for one.
I’d rather have the fish and chips tbh

• Haha
My FB timeline is blowing up with SW consultants scrabbling for previous members to return (by dropping the joining fee if you have your old card/membership pack) and defending the current weekly fee as being less than 2 cappuccinos at Costa or fish n chips for one.
Fish and chips are nearly a tenner now where i live so its not saying much

I love all these so called inspirational slimmers who are attending the ball have been frantically trying to lose weight ready for tomorrow.. shame you dont all follow the plan all year round you absolute festival of cunts.

I can't wait to see snares at a weightloss ball looking like a human blancmange 😄
I am in no way defending any of them as individuals and agree the ball is a total farce but the reason a lot of them have put weight back on is because the plan is flawed and not sustainable to stick to all year round.

I know you said you’ve maintained a long time but you really are the 1%, most people don’t and it’s not all to do with not having any will power it’s just because the SW plan isn’t compatible with life long term. I am so happy when I was really slim from doing SW I didn’t self righteously broadcast it to the world like some of them as they must feel embarrassed about putting weight back on, I feel bad enough about it but at least it’s only people I know who remember.

I really do sound like I’m sticking up for SW Insta and I’m not 😂 SW just makes me angry 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
I am in no way defending any of them as individuals and agree the ball is a total farce but the reason a lot of them have put weight back on is because the plan is flawed and not sustainable to stick to all year round.

I know you said you’ve maintained a long time but you really are the 1%, most people don’t and it’s not all to do with not having any will power it’s just because the SW plan isn’t compatible with life long term. I am so happy when I was really slim from doing SW I didn’t self righteously broadcast it to the world like some of them as they must feel embarrassed about putting weight back on, I feel bad enough about it but at least it’s only people I know who remember.

I really do sound like I’m sticking up for SW Insta and I’m not 😂 SW just makes me angry 😂
Damocles has said before himself he never eats out or has takeaways and in 2 years has not had one off plan meal.
Normally people don't stick to plan that ridgidly

Damocles has said before himself he never eats out or has takeaways and in 2 years has not had one off plan meal.
Yeah that isn’t a lifestyle for me to be honest I enjoy meals out and occasional takeaway all in moderation and I am happy with gains here and there as long as I can keep a healthy balance.

And that’s the problem with slimming world
I do CC and I have takeaway pizzas , Nando’s and it all fits into my cals for the day

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.