Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like mine served in a bowl so I can choose what foods they touch…for example sausages fine, bacon, fine, scrambled eggs 🤢🤢🤢 and I’m 41 😂

Reactions: 7
I was quite impressed by Beatrice’s weight loss then I realised that she walks for approx 2 hours a day. I’d be a lot thinner if I had time to do that every single day. It seems a bit unrealistic to be peddling a weight loss program with shes doing such an unattainable amount of exercise for most people 🤷🏼‍♀️
I haven’t read the article that Beatrice has done. I can only imagine how much she’s claiming to be some kind of weight loss saviour.
She’s not.

Reactions: 4
I wonder what scales Lauren uses, I’ve never know scales measure in less that quarter pounds. She says she’s lost -0.12lb this week and she’s happy as she would have taken a maintain. Surely be normal scales, that is a maintain? 0.1lb is so negligible. Worries me she is focussing on such tiny, minute numbers

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I wonder what scales Lauren uses, I’ve never know scales measure in less that quarter pounds. She says she’s lost -0.12lb this week and she’s happy as she would have taken a maintain. Surely be normal scales, that is a maintain? 0.1lb is so negligible. Worries me she is focussing on such tiny, minute numbers
This very much feels like another flag that things are not okay and underlying issues are going to surface. Worrying for sure.

Reactions: 5
She made a comment about her tea being over 400 cals and that’s way over what she likes to have for evening meal.

someone commented on it but it’s just ED central here

• Sad
  • Wow
I was quite impressed by Beatrice’s weight loss then I realised that she walks for approx 2 hours a day. I’d be a lot thinner if I had time to do that every single day. It seems a bit unrealistic to be peddling a weight loss program with shes doing such an unattainable amount of exercise for most people 🤷🏼‍♀️
I did wonder about this exercise thing because most people I know don’t have time for anything outside of work and children so two hours per day for exercise seems either complete lies or she does nothing but exercise and preach to be a weight loss guru. I wonder if those she preaches to are advised to do exercise for two hours per day.

This is what the SW posters and adverts have been missing……go for a run for two hours every day and you too could lose weight, but only if you don’t eat avocado and don’t enjoy normal food when eating out because you will burn in hell if you do 🔥🔥

Reactions: 6
2 hours a day walking 😳😳I think half the time these SW Instagram folk don't live in the real world. Yeah I would love 2 hours a day to go for a walk and get my steps in come home and make myself a lovely lunch of chips or pasta but unfortunately I work a 9 hour day with a 30 mins lunch break and only have a microwave in work canteen 🤣

2 hours a day walking 😳😳I think half the time these SW Instagram folk don't live in the real world. Yeah I would love 2 hours a day to go for a walk and get my steps in come home and make myself a lovely lunch of chips or pasta but unfortunately I work a 9 hour day with a 30 mins lunch break and only have a microwave in work canteen 🤣
I find when I do loads of exercise I put on weight! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Some of them do seriously seem to have all the time in the world, some of the stuff they eat for lunch 😂 even when I’m WFH it’s like right what is going to take 90 seconds or less to prepare 🤣

Reactions: 6
Started to follow of these accounts because I’m trying to watch what I eat post baby and needed some ✨iNsPiRaTiOn ✨

What I can conclude from my investigations into slimming world Instagram

- palette of 8 year old children: deal with your sugar and beige addiction and you might not be yo-yo-ing every 2 years

- i enjoy some chicken nuggets (particularly with curry sauce), but some aldi chicken nuggets (FAKEAWAY ALERT!!!) being your treat of the week is just plain sad

- no veg exists apart from sweetcorn and the pea-and-sweetcorn frozen medley in a bag

- grim presentation all round, slop in a heart shaped bowl

- related to the above: beans touching cold food. Wrong.

- also, heart shaped bowls?! So much twee crockery

- world cuisine is the mayflower Chinese chicken curry

It’s such a rabbit hole to go down. Trying to find some nice accounts which display calorie count where their diet isn’t 90% aldi crisps and milky bar yogurts.

There used to be a weight watchers, then not weight watchers account, called laurenslittlelife that was fantastic. She was going through IVF and picked up weight lifting as a hobby. She had a really nice balance of nice-looking, healthy food as well proportioned treats but then her account vanished. I think of her quite often.

Reactions: 12
Started to follow of these accounts because I’m trying to watch what I eat post baby and needed some ✨iNsPiRaTiOn ✨

What I can conclude from my investigations into slimming world Instagram

- palette of 8 year old children: deal with your sugar and beige addiction and you might not be yo-yo-ing every 2 years

- i enjoy some chicken nuggets (particularly with curry sauce), but some aldi chicken nuggets (FAKEAWAY ALERT!!!) being your treat of the week is just plain sad

- no veg exists apart from sweetcorn and the pea-and-sweetcorn frozen medley in a bag

- grim presentation all round, slop in a heart shaped bowl

- related to the above: beans touching cold food. Wrong.

- also, heart shaped bowls?! So much twee crockery

- world cuisine is the mayflower Chinese chicken curry

It’s such a rabbit hole to go down. Trying to find some nice accounts which display calorie count where their diet isn’t 90% aldi crisps and milky bar yogurts.

There used to be a weight watchers, then not weight watchers account, called laurenslittlelife that was fantastic. She was going through IVF and picked up weight lifting as a hobby. She had a really nice balance of nice-looking, healthy food as well proportioned treats but then her account vanished. I think of her quite often.
Take a look at trying to do it all on insta (if you don’t mind sweaty sweaty) - calorie counting slimming worlder (if there is such a thing)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.