Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had it too, and I would say I agree with them now.
I look really gaunt and my skin looks weird like all the colour has drained from it in every photo, plus big dark circles under my eyes. It’s really hard to see though when you’re wrapped up in it all though isn’t it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I look really gaunt and my skin looks weird like all the colour has drained from it in every photo, plus big dark circles under my eyes. It’s really hard to see though when you’re wrapped up in it all though isn’t it.
It really does, and any time I mention wanting to diet my friend makes me promise I won’t get like that again

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've got to target twice (before changing it again) and as soon as I was target, it was like the consultant changed towards me.."I cannot allow you to change your weight anymore, you are starting to look ill" in a room full of people. Some weeks, when I went, and I stayed (you only have to attend once every 8 weeks as a target member), it was the briefest of chats..."still at target" onto the next person who would then get the EXACT same things saif to them that they used to say to me "oooh, I think we all need to come and live with you.." no...you bleeping dont.
Because they were not getting their fiver from you anymore.... I wonder if consultants get a bonus if someone gets to target? It's like I've said before, they pretend to act like a cuddly auntie towards you but they literally don't give a tit they just want your money

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Because they were not getting their fiver from you anymore.... I wonder if consultants get a bonus if someone gets to target? It's like I've said before, they pretend to act like a cuddly auntie towards you but they literally don't give a tit they just want your money
I used to be a WW leader and you would get £5 when they hit target but you’d get nothing whilst they stayed at target. Plus access to the app (back then was free for gold members). I imagine SW is the same.

It's not a business model that's fair on the consultants really. Head offices promise all target members free membership, but it's the consultants franchise that loses money and resources.

From a business sense it make sense for a consultant to pay less attention to target members as why would they put time and resources into someone who doesn't pay and contribute to their profit when other newer members who will bring them money in over the next year or so need attention.

it's SWs fault for creating such a toxic environment by giviing consultants such a small profit margin

Reactions: 5
It's not a business model that's fair on the consultants really. Head offices promise all target members free membership, but it's the consultants franchise that loses money and resources.

From a business sense it make sense for a consultant to pay less attention to target members as why would they put time and resources into someone who doesn't pay and contribute to their profit when other newer members who will bring them money in over the next year or so need attention.

it's SWs fault for creating such a toxic environment by giviing consultants such a small profit margin
No I agree I don't think that sw are all that friendly to consultants either. They act all warm towards them when they are earning them money. But it seems to be a different story coming out when they leave the company. I'd like someone to fully whistle blow on them, but no one seems willing to and that's not a good sign

Reactions: 3
No I agree I don't think that sw are all that friendly to consultants either. They act all warm towards them when they are earning them money. But it seems to be a different story coming out when they leave the company. I'd like someone to fully whistle blow on them, but no one seems willing to and that's not a good sign
I know that SW consultants pay anything from £1500 to £2500 to start up, that includes £750 for the first licence and they need a new licence for every group they run, so if they run 4 groups a week, they need a further 3 licences at a cost of £750 each! SW take £4 from the weekly member fee and they only pay half of the cost of the venue hire that the groups are held in, the consultant funds the other half from their earnings. They send the hifi bars to consultants for free but the consultant will only make 20p per box sold, SW takes the other £1.75.
Last week in my group I was awarded the greatest loser and the consultant knows I don't like a lot of the nonsense but she said to me "please wear the sash for the photo at least, it cost me £3" and it made me feel awful so I did, my consultant has 4 groups, so thats 12 quid for 4 sashes!!!!

it makes you think how they actually make a living from it.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I know that SW consultants pay anything from £1500 to £2500 to start up, that includes £750 for the first licence and they need a new licence for every group they run, so if they run 4 groups a week, they need a further 3 licences at a cost of £750 each! SW take £4 from the weekly member fee and they only pay half of the cost of the venue hire that the groups are held in, the consultant funds the other half from their earnings. They send the hifi bars to consultants for free but the consultant will only make 20p per box sold, SW takes the other £1.75.
Last week in my group I was awarded the greatest loser and the consultant knows I don't like a lot of the nonsense but she said to me "please wear the sash for the photo at least, it cost me £3" and it made me feel awful so I did, my consultant has 4 groups, so thats 12 quid for 4 sashes!!!!

it makes you think how they actually make a living from it.
Fook me it's worse than I thought. How did you find out the figures? Most won't admit actual figures. I knew about the franchise fee but I didn't know about the additional group fees. I know that they keep a tally of what they've sold etc. It's all very fishy isn't it 🤔 and yet slimming world has been named previously as one of the best "small businesses" to work for. I think it was in the Sunday Times before?

That’s awful, I really didn’t know it was that bad. There’s a girl works with me signed up as a consultant, she doesn’t do it any more. I’m tempted to grill her when she comes in.

Reactions: 8

This article, I can’t even 😵💫

‘If you’ve ever tried calorie counting you’ll know it can quickly become a huge inconvenience’. I’m sorry, what??? I cannot think of a bigger diet inconvenience than SW 😂 having to have specific brands of bread and specific amounts of cheese or the ✨ magic ✨ won’t happen. Not to mention the total nightmare that is trying to eat out anywhere that isn’t Subway, a supermarket cafe, Nando’s or Wetherspoons!

Oh and also having to trek to a coma inducing meeting every week which you starve yourself before and are paranoid about even having a glass of water 🙄

876029E7-4E69-424C-A6E9-E9F0D4DD64CA.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

‘If you’ve ever tried calorie counting you’ll know it can quickly become a huge inconvenience’. I’m sorry, what??? I cannot think of a bigger diet inconvenience than SW 😂 having to have specific brands of bread and specific amounts of cheese or the ✨ magic ✨ won’t happen. Not to mention the total nightmare that is trying to eat out anywhere that isn’t Subway, a supermarket cafe, Nando’s or Wetherspoons!

Oh and also having to trek to a coma inducing meeting every week which you starve yourself before and are paranoid about even having a glass of water 🙄

View attachment 1958993
This 🙌 calorie counting is amazing! I've just had a big mac meal for my lunch, all calories counted and won't be going over even with having a mac ds! Slimming world messed my head up for a long time. Couldn't find the right bread I'd drive round 5 supermarkets to find it...absolute crazy behaviour.

Reactions: 11

View attachment 1958993
72% said that calorie counting takes away the freedom to enjoy food?

But slimming world doesn't?
Calorie counting where you can eat anything.. Slimming world where you're restricted to free foods?
Where your only option when eating out is a jacket potato and beans.

Reactions: 9
72% said that calorie counting takes away the freedom to enjoy food?

But slimming world doesn't?
Calorie counting where you can eat anything.. Slimming world where you're restricted to free foods?
Where your only option when eating out is a jacket potato and beans.
They're having a laugh, we all know the pain of going out for dinner when you're on sw, and sitting there with a jacket potato and steak, while everyone else has whatever they fancy and refusing a pudding

The trying to stretch your syns into a treat plate, developing a fear of white bread. It's absurd

Reactions: 10
People think WLS is a quick fix and it really isn't. You're still not guaranteed to lose weight without doing the work and you have to take a mixture of vitamins for the rest of your life. You could have complications later on, problems in pregnancy. Problems absorbing protein. I deffo wouldn't be rushing into it, it scares me if I'm truthful

I also think a lot of these extreme WL SW people have additional help. I think a lot of them use WL pills/injections, some even sniff coke I'd say. The disordered ones cheating it nearly always put all the weight back on and then some. It's so toxic
The fact people rush into WLS is baffling me. I for need some boob reduction even offered by the NHS but i refused, i am a 36HH bra size and gets so much back pain often but I'd rather that than have my body halved, may be i might come to terms later in life but for now? Noo i aren't rushing in

They're having a laugh, we all know the pain of going out for dinner when you're on sw, and sitting there with a jacket potato and steak, while everyone else has whatever they fancy and refusing a pudding

The trying to stretch your syns into a treat plate, developing a fear of white bread. It's absurd
And doing a joyless SP week before your night out

• Haha
Sorry, I didn’t mean to make it sound like I think it’s a quick fix, it’s defo not, just that some people do see it as that now with getting it done cheaply in Turkey and don’t actually realise what they’re getting themselves into.
With this sad earthquakes will they still be rushing to turkey for the wls in time for summer?
---
I've got to target twice (before changing it again) and as soon as I was target, it was like the consultant changed towards me.."I cannot allow you to change your weight anymore, you are starting to look ill" in a room full of people. Some weeks, when I went, and I stayed (you only have to attend once every 8 weeks as a target member), it was the briefest of chats..."still at target" onto the next person who would then get the EXACT same things saif to them that they used to say to me "oooh, I think we all need to come and live with you.." no...you bleeping dont.
This is truly sad how they treat target members

Sorry to double post, but saw Slimming Eats has been told by SW to remove syn values. Wonder how long it will take before 2CC are told same.
I think that SW have shot themselves in the foot with this one. We have a good group and talk about and share recipes and most of them are from Slimming Eats and we point new members to this blog (I am target but have played the game and am mostly C Counting) but know what to eat. I know they would not let Siobhan put the syns in her books, which I understand, but it is petty telling her to remove them from a blog she has done for 10 years with their knowledge.

I think that SW have shot themselves in the foot with this one. We have a good group and talk about and share recipes and most of them are from Slimming Eats and we point new members to this blog (I am target but have played the game and am mostly C Counting) but know what to eat. I know they would not let Siobhan put the syns in her books, which I understand, but it is petty telling her to remove them from a blog she has done for 10 years with their knowledge.
I don't see how they can really contact slimmingeats and ask them to remove all of their terminology, but its ok for snares to award himself slimming world awards for a plan he doesn't follow anymore, joeyjojoejoejoejoejojoe making his own target certificate or any of those that have a chopping board with the slimmingworld logo on it alongside their insta name or slimmingteagan starting a patreon to get access to "her recipes" that does the exact same thing that slimmingeats does?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
View attachment 1960569
Target cert? Dude gave himself a trophy
Slimming world nurtures these colossal ego’s into fully fledged narcissists. They are used for their marketing purposes and are then dropped. Look no further than Big Ben to slim Ben, his family are no doubt picking up the pieces of a frail, shattered ego. The same will happen to the family of his arrogant man when his fame time is up.

You can use the NHS weight loss apps that are absolutely free, try and join a local fitness club. My local area has a community slimming group, all the money goes back into the group and not into providing trophies for arrogant narcissists. More people need to walk away from Slimming World in my opinion.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.