Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can kind of see his point, don’t shoot me. The first time I got to target I kept losing so the consultant kept throwing healthy extras at me. The next time I got to target I was given different advice, there doesn’t seem to be any consistency over what they tell members when they get to target.
Side note, does anyone remember the target booklet you got (the first time I got there) and it told you to not watch TV and to stay away from overweight friends as they’ll just encourage you to eat shite and put on weight. (Those weren’t the words used obviously)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
That was his wedding I believe! Jane and Helen went
And Gammons was so jealous of it all as usual 🤣 Aww I wish they all still did YouTube it was hilarious

Oh was it a wedding? My memory is rubbish, I'll have to have a little watch for old times sake 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I can kind of see his point, don’t shoot me. The first time I got to target I kept losing so the consultant kept throwing healthy extras at me. The next time I got to target I was given different advice, there doesn’t seem to be any consistency over what they tell members when they get to target.
Side note, does anyone remember the target booklet you got (the first time I got there) and it told you to not watch TV and to stay away from overweight friends as they’ll just encourage you to eat shite and put on weight. (Those weren’t the words used obviously)
The thing is, they won't give genuine help because you are meant to be failing and paying and failing and paying.

Even at target you can't keep losong because the free paying membership will sieze. They make it this way so you either can't stop loosing and continue paying or you end up piling it back on because there is mo genuine support and keep paying as well.

Reactions: 7
It’s also rare people get to target purely doing SW because it’s a one size fits all plan. You cannot carry on eating the same amount of food week in week out as you did in the beginning say a typical day of a SW cooked breakfast, jacket potato beans and cheese for lunch then a big bowl of pasta for tea plus all your syns and ‘free’ snacks of course and still lose as obviously you need fewer calories as you get closer to your healthy weight but to teach this would completely go against SW’s ‘eat as much as you like’ ethos.

My consultant would push I did SP weeks which just made me hangry and jel of everyone else on the regular plan and tbh it made little difference. I burst into tears in the car multiple times after group thinking I’d had a perfect week and simply must have lost then either losing nothing or gaining half a pound.

Like most I never got to target on SW, I set it unrealistically low for a start. There was only one target member in my group and she ate the exact same thing almost every day to stay there, can’t remember the breakfast and lunch but it was stir fry every night for her, she was petrified to move away from it in case she gained. Anyway saw her not so long ago and she is no longer at that same weight.

Reactions: 8
It’s also rare people get to target purely doing SW because it’s a one size fits all plan. You cannot carry on eating the same amount of food week in week out as you did in the beginning.
I have a theory that some of the people that lose crazy amounts like 8 stone +, stay at target for a few years effortlessly ,then randomly gain half of it back have secretly had sleeves and bands because surgery wears off after a few years.

They're different to the ones who have starved to target because they start gaining back practically the week after target.
I also think now there will be alot of sneaky Saxenda and Ozempic going on in groups too.

Just had a memory..this is throwing it waaay back but does anyone else remember Celebrity Fat Club with Harvey the american drill instructor and they used to sit on giant scales to weigh the teams at end of the week?!
Where Ann Diamond got thrown off because she sneakily had a gastric band before taking part.

Reactions: 10
I have a theory that some of the people that lose crazy amounts like 8 stone +, stay at target for a few years effortlessly ,then randomly gain half of it back have secretly had sleeves and bands because surgery wears off after a few years.

They're different to the ones who have starved to target because they start gaining back practically the week after target.
I also think now there will be alot of sneaky Saxenda and Ozempic going on in groups too.

Just had a memory..this is throwing it waaay back but does anyone else remember Celebrity Fat Club with Harvey the american drill instructor and they used to sit on giant scales to weigh the teams at end of the week?!
Where Ann Diamond got thrown off because she sneakily had a gastric band before taking part.
Yes I do vaguely remember that!!

That is an interesting theory, do you think some people feel there is a stigma attached to having weight loss surgery so cover it up by attending SW?

That really does ring true with a lot of accounts I follow. Like I don’t see how you can go from losing like 2/3lb a week to maintaining straight away with pure SW. Like there’s got to be something else, it’s just not how peoples bodies work naturally.

Reactions: 3
Yes I do vaguely remember that!!

That is an interesting theory, do you think some people feel there is a stigma attached to having weight loss surgery so cover it up by attending SW?
No. I believe they cover it up so they can get their awards, shiny stickers, slimmer of the week, miss slinky/mr sleek and whatever validation they get having the mels, sues and christines clap for them in a church hall like seals

Theres no stigma to wls nowadays anyway. Every 2nd tiktok on fyp is somebody going to turkey for their stomach sliced up.
I think it was better when it had more of a stigma, as i've seen young girls in early 20s going for it when only needing to lose 4 or 5 stone.
That's too young as your digestion and nutrient absorbtion will altered forever and it should only be a last resort imo.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
No. I believe they cover it up so they can get their awards, shiny stickers, slimmer of the week, miss slinky/mr sleek and whatever validation they get having the mels, sues and christines clap for them in a church hall like seals

Theres no stigma to wls nowadays anyway. Every 2nd tiktok on fyp is somebody going to turkey for their stomach sliced up.
I think it was better when it had more of a stigma, as i've seen young girls in early 20s going for it when only needing to lose 4 or 5 stone.
That's too young as your digestion and nutrient absorbtion will altered forever and it should only be a last resort imo.
I did initially think are they doing it for the shiny stickers but then was like no surely it must be something more in depth 🤣 saddos.

WLS should always be a last resort. I have a mild obsession with My 600lb life, which is the ultra extreme end of needing WLS obviously. The ‘where are they now’s are interesting. My fyp keeps showing me gastric sleeve TikTok’s, I wouldn’t qualify!

Reactions: 4
I did initially think are they doing it for the shiny stickers but then was like no surely it must be something more in depth 🤣 saddos.

WLS should always be a last resort. I have a mild obsession with My 600lb life, which is the ultra extreme end of needing WLS obviously. The ‘where are they now’s are interesting. My fyp keeps showing me gastric sleeve TikTok’s, I wouldn’t qualify!
You would in Turkey. (Unless you're normal or under weight) If you've got the money and you're over a stone overweight they do it.

Theres a woman who was 5 stone overweight went to Turkey for a sleeve. Her stomach got infected, burst open and she ended up in hospital in Leeds for 5 months.
Got it done last summer and still can't eat anything and feels constantly sick. She had to be fed directly into her stomach.
Not lost any weight despite all that either as the liquid food for her feed pipe is full of calories.

Dale 123467 on tiktok her name is

• Wow
You would in Turkey. (Unless you're normal or under weight) If you've got the money and you're over a stone overweight they do it.

Theres a woman who was 5 stone overweight went to Turkey for a sleeve. Her stomach got infected, burst open and she ended up in hospital in Leeds for 5 months.
Got it done last summer and still can't eat anything and feels constantly sick. She had to be fed directly into her stomach.
Not lost any weight despite all that either as the liquid food for her feed pipe is full of calories.

Dale 123467 on tiktok her name is
Wow. I’m about half a stone out of the healthy BMI range but about 2 stone over what my ideal weight is.

That’s utter madness that she hasn’t even lost any weight! I will look her up. I think people always just want a quick fix and it’s just become so accessible.

I wonder if Joeyjoejoejoeyyy or whatever his name is has had one, he never posts food really apart from on those montages and the meals don’t look like ones he’s made himself, more like copied and pasted from online images.

On another note I was bored one night last week and clicked on a live which he was doing with someone, it was utter cringe and like watching paint dry, I stuck it out for a couple of minutes at which point there was a grand total of 17 people watching which was initially about 29 😂😂 considering he’s supposedly Mr Popular 🤣

• Haha
I am gutted Tarnnya doesn't do YouTube anymore she was absolutely bogging but hilarious to watch 🤣 actually miss the little grot bag 🫣🤣
I just looked and can't believe shes deleted her videos...notice debs is still going.
What a moment in time this was :ROFLMAO:
---

Wow. I’m about half a stone out of the healthy BMI range but about 2 stone over what my ideal weight is.

That’s utter madness that she hasn’t even lost any weight! I will look her up. I think people always just want a quick fix and it’s just become so accessible.

I wonder if Joeyjoejoejoeyyy or whatever his name is has had one, he never posts food really apart from on those montages and the meals don’t look like ones he’s made himself, more like copied and pasted from online images.

On another note I was bored one night last week and clicked on a live which he was doing with someone, it was utter cringe and like watching paint dry, I stuck it out for a couple of minutes at which point there was a grand total of 17 people watching which was initially about 29 😂😂 considering he’s supposedly Mr Popular 🤣
I think joe starved himself down. I don't think he eats much and he is vague about what he does eat.

Yeah she's lost no weight because the tube feed food is designed to keep disabled people and cancer survivors alive who can't eat. Not for a gastic sleeve going wrong, unfortunately for her.

I struggle with sympathy in some ways because she didn't have a huge amount to lose as in it wasn't over 8 stone to lose she could have naturally.
She says she rushed into it and didn't do much research. Now she has cost the NHS ££££££ and likely will forever now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
People think WLS is a quick fix and it really isn't. You're still not guaranteed to lose weight without doing the work and you have to take a mixture of vitamins for the rest of your life. You could have complications later on, problems in pregnancy. Problems absorbing protein. I deffo wouldn't be rushing into it, it scares me if I'm truthful

I also think a lot of these extreme WL SW people have additional help. I think a lot of them use WL pills/injections, some even sniff coke I'd say. The disordered ones cheating it nearly always put all the weight back on and then some. It's so toxic

• Heart
Reactions: 9
People think WLS is a quick fix and it really isn't. You're still not guaranteed to lose weight without doing the work and you have to take a mixture of vitamins for the rest of your life. You could have complications later on, problems in pregnancy. Problems absorbing protein. I deffo wouldn't be rushing into it, it scares me if I'm truthful

I also think a lot of these extreme WL SW people have additional help. I think a lot of them use WL pills/injections, some even sniff coke I'd say. The disordered ones cheating it nearly always put all the weight back on and then some. It's so toxic
Defo no quick fix. Anyone i'm aware of in real life who has had it has got fat again. Maybe not to the degree they were at beginning but still back to being obese.
Another thing with wls is nearly everyone who gets it winds up having their gall out because all the fat your normally digest has nowhere to go and your liver is releasing fat and ketones like crazy due lack of calories in an attempt to feed the body.
So they end up with massive gall stones

Another problem is dumping syndrome where they throw up or are sick from eating to much sugar at once, because your stomach can't absorb it in time your body goes beserk to get rid of it.

• Wow
Defo no quick fix. Anyone i'm aware of in real life who has had it has got fat again. Maybe not to the degree they were at beginning but still back to being obese.
Another thing with wls is nearly everyone who gets it winds up having their gall out because all the fat your normally digest has nowhere to go and your liver is releasing fat and ketones like crazy due lack of calories in an attempt to feed the body.
So they end up with massive gall stones

Another problem is dumping syndrome where they throw up or are sick from eating to much sugar at once, because your stomach can't absorb it in time your body goes beserk to get rid of it.
Absolutely. If you're not 100% committed and try and eat like before, you can even end up stretching the band if that's the procedure you had. WL is mostly psychological and I do think part genetic. That's why companies like SW should be far more responsible when they take on people with serious weight problems

• Heart
Sorry, I didn’t mean to make it sound like I think it’s a quick fix, it’s defo not, just that some people do see it as that now with getting it done cheaply in Turkey and don’t actually realise what they’re getting themselves into.

So I know off topic but this is what that dale12367s stomach looked like after turkey. At this point her stomach was wide open as stitches had come apart.
Screenshot_20230213-163014_TikTok.jpg

And this is what the NHS had to put in to save her
Screenshot_20230213-163119_TikTok.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
When you reach target you are allowed to attend for free, and then you're supposed to weigh in at least every month to stay on track? You're also supposed to increase "healthy extras"
I've got to target twice (before changing it again) and as soon as I was target, it was like the consultant changed towards me.."I cannot allow you to change your weight anymore, you are starting to look ill" in a room full of people. Some weeks, when I went, and I stayed (you only have to attend once every 8 weeks as a target member), it was the briefest of chats..."still at target" onto the next person who would then get the EXACT same things saif to them that they used to say to me "oooh, I think we all need to come and live with you.." no...you bleeping dont.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
I've got to target twice (before changing it again) and as soon as I was target, it was like the consultant changed towards me.."I cannot allow you to change your weight anymore, you are starting to look ill" in a room full of people. Some weeks, when I went, and I stayed (you only have to attend once every 8 weeks as a target member), it was the briefest of chats..."still at target" onto the next person who would then get the EXACT same things saif to them that they used to say to me "oooh, I think we all need to come and live with you.." no...you bleeping dont.
Obviously everyone is different, but just to say I had people tell me I looked ill when I lost a lot of weight. And I was firmly in the healthy weight range still. I thought they were jealous. It was only in retrospect I realised they were actually right.

Obviously everyone is different, but just to say I had people tell me I looked ill when I lost a lot of weight. And I was firmly in the healthy weight range still. I thought they were jealous. It was only in retrospect I realised they were actually right.
I had it too, and I would say I agree with them now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.