Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One could argue that it's the way SW overlook members, like our Damocles, that leads them to forums like this and saying less than nice things about them.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
One could argue that it's the way SW overlook members, like our Damocles, that leads them to forums like this and saying less than nice things about them.
It is why I love having a community slimming group. It focuses people on their own health and well-being unlike Slimming World which is all about marketing first. We treat everyone the same and it’s fair. There is only one person in the group who doesn’t like any mention or to speak up in group.

Reactions: 5
I'm old enough to remember when they used to use slim models on the front cover of the magazine.....then they decided to switch to "real people", who incidentally also looked like models....or were certainly made to anyway! They never intended to showcase your typical sw attendee

Sw only ever gives a tit about it's profits. People need to understand that this cuddly aunty Madge could not give a fat fook about you. The biggest laugh is that they are so fussy who they choose to promote and lead their PR spin, yet they'll let Susan who is a good 6 stone over her target, buy a franchise, stand in front of a group and bark at you how to not be a fatty, and belittle you for gaining 0.5lbs because you didn't put 1/3 speed on your plate. Zero fucks given as long as you're meeting your targets (earning them money)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm old enough to remember when they used to use slim models on the front cover of the magazine.....then they decided to switch to "real people", who incidentally also looked like models....or were certainly made to anyway! They never intended to showcase your typical sw attendee

Sw only ever gives a tit about it's profits. People need to understand that this cuddly aunty Madge could not give a fat fook about you. The biggest laugh is that they are so fussy who they choose to promote and lead their PR spin, yet they'll let Susan who is a good 6 stone over her target, buy a franchise, stand in front of a group and bark at you how to not be a fatty, and belittle you for gaining 0.5lbs because you didn't put 1/3 speed on your plate. Zero fucks given as long as you're meeting your targets (earning them money)
I remember red and green days and know exactly what you mean. I agree with everything that you say here.

Before I retired from the NHS they used to actively promote slimming world, they do that less now and the NHS weight loss app is good. I think Slimming world doesn’t teach its members about good nutrition. I am also suspicious of slimming worlds relationships with food brands.

As a former mental health professional, I think only selecting members who are attractive and marketable to promote slimming world is shocking and insulting to other members who have achieved substantial losses. That can be extremely damaging to peoples mental health. I think overly promoting members can create a monster. Big_ben_to_slim_ben was a case of narcissistic personality disorder and Slimming World actively encouraged that shocking behaviour that was damaging to his family. I doubt slimming world would have offered him or his family any sort of counselling, therapy or support for what was a very evident personality disorder. Slimming World is a outdated brand that needs a very big overhaul.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Whys he sitting on the fence like this? Its obvious he's having more success with calorie counting but still can't let SW go.
He has no integrity if SW asked him back tomorrow to be a poster boy he would be there
Screenshot_20230131-204106_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
I remember red and green days and know exactly what you mean. I agree with everything that you say here.

Before I retired from the NHS they used to actively promote slimming world, they do that less now and the NHS weight loss app is good. I think Slimming world doesn’t teach its members about good nutrition. I am also suspicious of slimming worlds relationships with food brands.

As a former mental health professional, I think only selecting members who are attractive and marketable to promote slimming world is shocking and insulting to other members who have achieved substantial losses. That can be extremely damaging to peoples mental health. I think overly promoting members can create a monster. Big_ben_to_slim_ben was a case of narcissistic personality disorder and Slimming World actively encouraged that shocking behaviour that was damaging to his family. I doubt slimming world would have offered him or his family any sort of counselling, therapy or support for what was a very evident personality disorder. Slimming World is a outdated brand that needs a very big overhaul.
100% this. It’s so outdated, although when I attended a group last year the consultant talked about calories, managing emotions through other outlets and not just eating because it’s ‘free’

100% this. It’s so outdated, although when I attended a group last year the consultant talked about calories, managing emotions through other outlets and not just eating because it’s ‘free’
One of the main reasons I could never fully get on board with SW was because of already knowing the calorie content of foods rather than just if they were ‘free’ or not. Remember once someone posting on the group fb page they’d cooked a bowl of pasta one night later on rather than have the bar of chocolate they were craving cos they didn’t have any syns left 🙈 the bar of chocolate would have had less calories but that kept them ‘on plan’ 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Whys he sitting on the fence like this? Its obvious he's having more success with calorie counting but still can't let SW go.
He has no integrity if SW asked him back tomorrow to be a poster boy he would be there
View attachment 1925417
He has a very fucked up relationship with food, and thats not the fault of SW, saying that, he has a fucked up relationship with the truth. If a man can lie about a simple thing like how many sausages he has on his dinner, there is no stopping him lying about anything, like, I dunno maybe, someone terrorising him and his family for years 🙄

He's done more to give SW bad PR than I EVER could.

I think it says EVERYTHING about sw that joeyeyeyeyeeee didnt win greatest loser in his group, so that means someone lost more weight than him, so, they are sleeker than him, so why was he mr sleek? Oh wait...

Reactions: 3
I think it says EVERYTHING about sw that joeyeyeyeyeeee didnt win greatest loser in his group, so that means someone lost more weight than him, so, they are sleeker than him, so why was he mr sleek? Oh wait...
He clearly joined instagram with the motive to get a cover from it or noticed by SW HQ.

- He rarely posts his meals (he used to never until someone commented)
- He only started his insta after he lost weight and started flooding his grid with before and afters
- He has been constantly tagging and mentioning SW while bigging them up and towing the SW party line in comments with SW buzz words like 'food freedom' from day 1
- his grid highly curated all carefully photographed, before and afters, motivational quotes and stylised pictures

- the first 21 pictures on his grid were all posted after he won the awards and were all posted on one day (15th dec 2021) in one go.
Screenshot_20230202-190809_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230202-190822_Instagram.jpg

His before and afters got the most likes (he has hid the likes on the other food and award pics) so this is what he went forward with posting as he realised this would generate the most likes.

His whole IG is/was a cynical and calculated move to get some sort of 'fame' of his weightloss.
He has suceeded.

Reactions: 9
He clearly joined instagram with the motive to get a cover from it or noticed by SW HQ.

- He rarely posts his meals (he used to never until someone commented)
- He only started his insta after he lost weight and started flooding his grid with before and afters
- He has been constantly tagging and mentioning SW while bigging them up and towing the SW party line in comments with SW buzz words like 'food freedom' from day 1
- his grid highly curated all carefully photographed, before and afters, motivational quotes and stylised pictures

- the first 21 pictures on his grid were all posted after he won the awards and were all posted on one day (15th dec 2021) in one go.
View attachment 1930684View attachment 1930685

His before and afters got the most likes (he has hid the likes on the other food and award pics) so this is what he went forward with posting as he realised this would generate the most likes.

His whole IG is/was a cynical and calculated move to get some sort of 'fame' of his weightloss.
He has suceeded.
There's something about his face that really annoys me. I think it's his mouth 😂

Reactions: 7
He is sucking in like crazy on his after pics. Don't get me wrong he's clearly lost weight but he doesn't look like that on an exhale.

There's something about his face that really annoys me. I think it's his mouth 😂
He has no top lip whatsoever so makes his mouth look weird.

Swrosssmith definitely dyes his goatee. Its ridiculously dark. And his obsession with that damn pool is soooooo boring 😴

I saw a slimming worlder state that she had refused a piece of her own daughter's communion cake because she's on plan..... Jesus is it really worth it?! Restricting yourself so much so that you can't have a tiny slither of cake that would be about 200cals?? All so you can chase losing like 10lbs to get back to target... absolute madness.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I saw a slimming worlder state that she had refused a piece of her own daughter's communion cake because she's on plan..... Jesus is it really worth it?! Restricting yourself so much so that you can't have a tiny slither of cake that would be about 200cals?? All so you can chase losing like 10lbs to get back to target... absolute madness.
If it’s same person I saw the caption on the cake post was something like she ate it with her eyes ?

Felt incredibly sad by that statement - the cake was amazing & I know she’s keen to get back to target but that was just the saddest statement

If it’s same person I saw the caption on the cake post was something like she ate it with her eyes ?

Felt incredibly sad by that statement - the cake was amazing & I know she’s keen to get back to target but that was just the saddest statement
That's the one. Precious memories that will be forever blighted by the desperate desire to stick to "plan".... a small piece of a beautiful cake to toast her daughter wouldn't have stopped her losing weight that week - she works out and eats healthily. She is not even overweight. It's mind blowing.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.