Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How many before and afters does one need? F2f friday every friday is pushing it but fair enough....but this come on..
Screenshot_20230106-122207_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
How many before and afters does one need? F2f friday every friday is pushing it but fair enough....but this come on..
View attachment 1859620
I nearly spat my tea, I thought it was Big Ben to slim Ben again at first. I have mistaken someone else this week. Who is this? He seems very egotistic, it is why I thought it was Big Ben returning.

..Meh. Hate to say it but he actually doesn’t bother me much, at all. He stays at target and talks about the psychology of target maintenance. He not full of excuses or whining about tit like some many of those sw accounts do.

His before/afters are a bit same old but he’s consistent with his weight compared to a lot of the part-time optimisers on Slimming world. Doesn’t look like he did the 12 lb weight gain over Christmas season like loads of them did, either. I think he just one of the ‘motivation Monday’, ‘weight loss Wednesday’, ‘Fuckwit Friday’ crowd

maybe he’s a bleep. I dunno. I just never got that impression, honestly. Seems just happy to be where he’s at and a bit oblivious

Reactions: 6
..Meh. Hate to say it but he actually doesn’t bother me much, at all. He stays at target and talks about the psychology of target maintenance. He not full of excuses or whining about tit like some many of those sw accounts do.

His before/afters are a bit same old but he’s consistent with his weight compared to a lot of the part-time optimisers on Slimming world. Doesn’t look like he did the 12 lb weight gain over Christmas season like loads of them did, either. I think he just one of the ‘motivation Monday’, ‘weight loss Wednesday’, ‘Fuckwit Friday’ crowd

maybe he’s a bleep. I dunno. I just never got that impression, honestly. Seems just happy to be where he’s at and a bit oblivious
No one said he was a bleep, no one accused him of gaining over Christmas
Just jokingly said he's going OTT with the before and afters (which he is).

Reactions: 2
Yeh fair, I agree with that. Particularly at target it’s like, yes, okay, you still look the same, we get it

Maybe it was the mere mention of ‘Big Ben’ that made big weight gains and the word bleep spring to my mind straight away.. :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yeh fair, I agree with that. Particularly at target it’s like, yes, okay, you still look the same, we get it

Maybe it was the mere mention of ‘Big Ben’ that made big weight gains and the word bleep spring to my mind straight away.. :LOL: :LOL:
I don’t understand why Slimmingworld encourages disgusting male ego. It’s very off putting, I would rather my partner be overweight and humble over skinny and arrogant.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t understand why Slimmingworld encourages disgusting male ego. It’s very off putting, I would rather my partner be overweight and humble over skinny and arrogant.
I don't think it does personally... I think it's all down to the person themselves.

From my experience at groups, its because there only tends to be 1 or 2 males. And they get alllll the attention and focus.
Just basing it from the 5 groups I've attended in the past.
It's been the same at every single one

Reactions: 10
From my experience at groups, its because there only tends to be 1 or 2 males. And they get alllll the attention and focus.
They also always win slimmer of the week all the time due to their different biology to women.

Men are biologically designed to be lean and strong so find it easier to lose weight and gain muscle.
Women are biologically designed for child rearing so our bodies are designed to hold onto weight to facilitate healthy pregnancy and fertility.
Time of the month also affects weight which men don't have.

I remember one man I knew got really defensive when I told him men lose weight easier than women, but you just need to go to any SW group to find out its true.

Reactions: 11
They also always win slimmer of the week all the time due to their different biology to women.

Men are biologically designed to be lean and strong so find it easier to lose weight and gain muscle.
Women are biologically designed for child rearing so our bodies are designed to hold onto weight to facilitate healthy pregnancy and fertility.
Time of the month also affects weight which men don't have.

I remember one man I knew got really defensive when I told him men lose weight easier than women, but you just need to go to any SW group to find out its true.
I have learned to just focus on me as I always hoped for a weekly award and there were always men who lost 4lb and I’d maintain or lose 1lb. I am sure my ED is from SW and getting out of the negative head space SW imparted is tough. It’s not all SW though as I was one of those with evening snack plates whether hungry or not.

Can I ask if you still attend group and do SW? I found the consultants vary so much in terms of support, knowledge and just really caring.

I have learned to just focus on me as I always hoped for a weekly award and there were always men who lost 4lb and I’d maintain or lose 1lb. I am sure my ED is from SW and getting out of the negative head space SW imparted is tough. It’s not all SW though as I was one of those with evening snack plates whether hungry or not.

Can I ask if you still attend group and do SW? I found the consultants vary so much in terms of support, knowledge and just really caring.
I don't. I lost 9 stone with SW (although I was calorie counting at the same time)
But I also struggle with an ED. I was recovered before SW. But joining SW slipped me back into it and I've struggled to recover since.
I left in 2019

• Heart
I don't. I lost 9 stone with SW (although I was calorie counting at the same time)
But I also struggle with an ED. I was recovered before SW. But joining SW slipped me back into it and I've struggled to recover since.
I left in 2019
Thanks for answering. I’m calorie counting myself and taking small positive steps. That’s a fantastic loss.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.