Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not even 10am and 3 different consultants advertising on our local fb hub!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
That was me too, I was doing so well before I followed instragram slimming world. I couldn't believe how much more food I could have or all those tweets for sweet food. They can really do some damage
Completely agree with this. It’s not until you finally escape the SW vortex that you realise how toxic it is. I saw on there yesterday that someone had made a breakfast and used low fat sausages and hash browns and it was most of their daily syns so they were beating themselves up about it. Although it was a perfectly balanced, low calorie breakfast.

Another story popped up with a girl who wanted to eat a muller fruit corner but discovered it was 6 syns so didn’t eat it.

Had enough of that bollocks to last a lifetime!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Completely agree with this. It’s not until you finally escape the SW vortex that you realise how toxic it is. I saw on there yesterday that someone had made a breakfast and used low fat sausages and hash browns and it was most of their daily syns so they were beating themselves up about it. Although it was a perfectly balanced, low calorie breakfast.

Another story popped up with a girl who wanted to eat a muller fruit corner but discovered it was 6 syns so didn’t eat it.

Had enough of that bollocks to last a lifetime!
Totally agree, it took me a long time to realise this, I can now eat whole fat yoghurt without feeling guilty! And I don't have to pay nearly £6 for someone to make me feel awful about myself as I didn't lose everywhere ( lady at scales) win win!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Totally agree, it took me a long time to realise this, I can now eat whole fat yoghurt without feeling guilty! And I don't have to pay nearly £6 for someone to make me feel awful about myself as I didn't lose everywhere ( lady at scales) win win!
Tastes better too right? 😂 xx

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The community slimming group has been forced into price increases lately, this is due to Slimming World trying to book the community hall at the times we do the community program, they are even offering more money to hire the venue. The lady who takes responsibility for the community group has had letters and threats from Slimming World and she is resorting to fighting back.

The most annoying thing is, I had a text from the consultant asking if we want to rejoin in January.

• Wow
The community slimming group has been forced into price increases lately, this is due to Slimming World trying to book the community hall at the times we do the community program, they are even offering more money to hire the venue. The lady who takes responsibility for the community group has had letters and threats from Slimming World and she is resorting to fighting back.

The most annoying thing is, I had a text from the consultant asking if we want to rejoin in January.
I feel great about getting healthier this year and whilst it will be difficult I’m doing it my way with sensible healthy eating. I’ll be having suitable portion sizes and balancing the food I eat. No pressure just planning and preparation. I’m looking forward to feeling better in myself and feeing the difference as the weight come off however long it takes.

I feel great about getting healthier this year and whilst it will be difficult I’m doing it my way with sensible healthy eating. I’ll be having suitable portion sizes and balancing the food I eat. No pressure just planning and preparation. I’m looking forward to feeling better in myself and feeing the difference as the weight come off however long it takes.
Same. Couldn’t agree more x

Reactions: 4

I'd be going on local Facebook pages with the story about that slimming world group if I were you.
I hope you still get the support and numbers attending your group this year too

Reactions: 6
Here we go again folks buckle up for the rollercoaster that is Snares fixing the numbers on the scales to suit 🤣
Who does a before in a baggy Tshirt? Is that so he can wear a fitting Tshirt in a few weeks and try to make it look like he's lost weight?
I just don't get it with him... He's had more restarts than an office computer.

It's all smoke and mirrors, surely for a man that hashtags (usually) the living piss out of "accountability", he sure knows how be devious.
Why has there been no starting weight posted?

The comments on the post kill me too.."you've got this" the only thing he has is no bleeping idea what he is doing.

who's to blame this time? Boris? Covid (that he's never had), me? A grown man surely has to be the only one to blame for whats going in his gob.

The whole "memories made" bullshit they all seem to spout pisses me off too, I myself had a brilliant christmas, things I'll never forget, and absolutely none of them involved food.

Reactions: 18
I just don't get it with him... He's had more restarts than an office computer.

It's all smoke and mirrors, surely for a man that hashtags (usually) the living piss out of "accountability", he sure knows how be devious.
Why has there been no starting weight posted?

The comments on the post kill me too.."you've got this" the only thing he has is no bleeping idea what he is doing.

who's to blame this time? Boris? Covid (that he's never had), me? A grown man surely has to be the only one to blame for whats going in his gob.

The whole "memories made" bullshit they all seem to spout pisses me off too, I myself had a brilliant christmas, things I'll never forget, and absolutely none of them involved food.
Snares is unbelievable!! Office computer - incredible 😄😄 So says his OG weight was 31 stone and he’s “kept off” 9.. making him 22 stone?! Crazy. He also posted in March he was 17 stone.. that’s some gain considering his insta shows about 7 tried/failed attempts at being “on it” since!

Reactions: 9
Snares makes me rage and laugh in equal measures.

Just own the fact you can’t stick to it. Own that you lost a tonne of weight and that’s great but you’ve royally fucked up your relationship with food long beforehand and that you need some therapy, not this NeW mE bullshit every month. It must be so frustrating for him to do this every other week, telling himself he can do this because he’s done it before - I know full well that losing it is one thing, keeping it off and being healthy is a mindset and way of life, it’s not about losing the weight it’s about completely realigning your thought process about food and lifestyle. He hasn’t done this, he won’t - he can’t, until he’s had therapy or just accepts that he can eat what he likes but not the stupidly high quantities he enjoys them in. The moment I stopped looking at food as a way of comforting myself when I felt tit, was the moment I stopped gaining a tonne of weight and losing it again only to repeat the cycle again and again.

Reactions: 12
Yeh. There are slimming world accounts where it just a big-gain big-loss cycle over and over again. Then there are the very rare few accounts where you genuinely feel a bit motivated by them. If follow counts were a true indication of actually how inspiring these accounts are (now) some of them would have '0' by their name. Some people only have massive accounts because they used to be in control of their situation and that's a fact.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone tried the NHS food scanner app? The community group have a lot of ex slimming world members who relied heavily on the slimming world food scanner. I haven’t been a slimming world member for almost a year now so I can’t remember if the app was good. The community group is ran by ex-NHS staff including myself so we picked the NHS food scanner app. It’s not perfect, but it shows the calories and some similar food swaps to consider.

Reactions: 2
I wonder what happens when there’s a no joining fee promo e.g. in Bella magazine, do the consultants get reimbursed for their cut or is it just a bonus to get extra members?

I wonder what happens when there’s a no joining fee promo e.g. in Bella magazine, do the consultants get reimbursed for their cut or is it just a bonus to get extra members?
If a member uses a voucher to join you do not as a consultant get reimbursed for their cut, basically your told your lucky to have a new member lol

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.