Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As you mentioned about consultants, it was the consultants I had that made it worse. Not the plan itself
Yes I do believe the quality of consultant is a fundamental driver for many things wrong with SW including ED and the support/prevention. I have seen comments here about the poor way consultants consider what is put on forms.

Reactions: 5
I do wonder in 10 years time when SW will surely still be around what it will look like, surely by that point they will have had to address some of its flaws like how eating an entire tub of Greek yoghurt and a punnet of strawberries is free but 2 chocolate biscuits will set you back a day’s worth of syns 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Someone please make it make sense.

snaresylad_slims (amended from him recent SW name), said 6 days ago,"yet to decide if I plan on returning to a Slimming World group"
This morning he's posting first week loss with a SW half stone certificate, after losing 11.5lbs.
Why is he posing with old certificates.
I have reread and he has posted "Using up some of my old consultant certificates to keep me motivated with each reward"
That could be so damaging to people that are new to slimming world when he's blatantly calorie counting.

And don't get me started on when he posted "what I eat in a day" and showed a skinny bar, but if you look at his entry it actually shows he ate three of them.... why aren't you showing all three on your photo Aaron.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I don’t get how he’s had so many calories and lost 11.5 lbs. The half stone must have been retained water or something!

Reactions: 3
I don’t get how he’s had so many calories and lost 11.5 lbs. The half stone must have been retained water or something!
But if he weighs quite a bit, and apparently doing around 15k steps, then he's not really having that many calories.
Compared to an average weight person, yes.
But not to someone of his weight

Reactions: 4
If he had been binge eating over Christmas it will likely be some water retention and having experienced it myself almost all of it could be. Everyone’s bodies are different. Mine for example retains water significantly if I’m eating ‘bad’ foods especially if I’m not hydrating.

Reactions: 2
If he had been binge eating over Christmas it will likely be some water retention and having experienced it myself almost all of it could be. Everyone’s bodies are different. Mine for example retains water significantly if I’m eating ‘bad’ foods especially if I’m not hydrating.
he posted on the 3rd of december he wouldnt be "eating properly" again until the new year, so it's weeks worth of binging...

But if he weighs quite a bit, and apparently doing around 15k steps, then he's not really having that many calories.
Compared to an average weight person, yes.
But not to someone of his weight
he hasn't disclosed his starting weight at any point during any of the last FOUR restarts he has had since the end of october. He very possibly has lost 11.5lbs but from what????

Reactions: 5
he posted on the 3rd of december he wouldnt be "eating properly" again until the new year, so it's weeks worth of binging...

he hasn't disclosed his starting weight at any point during any of the last FOUR restarts he has had since the end of october. He very possibly has lost 11.5lbs but from what????
He is what I like to call an absolute muppet!

Reactions: 1

He said he's still 9 stone down from his start weight at the very start.
I dont follow him and never have done so not sure what his original start weight was, if he ever disclosed it

I dont follow him and never have done so not sure what his original start weight was, if he ever disclosed it
I don’t follow him either but I did, in fact I stopped following everyone SW as it just reminded me how foolish I used to be. It’s just the same old tit every few weeks and nothing will change.

I think we can all agree that based on recent evidence that that is what is universally known as a load of old bollocks.

I honestly don't care what people think of me for saying this either, but its people like him, and accounts like his that make people think slimming world doesn't work.

It does when followed properly. I'm proof of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think we can all agree that based on recent evidence that that is what is universally known as a load of old bollocks.

I honestly don't care what people think of me for saying this either, but its people like him, and accounts like his that make people think slimming world doesn't work.

It does when followed properly. I'm proof of that.
I do think I’d have succeeded with a good consultant who helped understand the impacts of lifestyle change and balance. Unfortunately my experience at groups was awful and that is SW even if the plan itself can work. I do totally get that some nail it and it works long term. I just wish that had been me too.

I do think I’d have succeeded with a good consultant who helped understand the impacts of lifestyle change and balance. Unfortunately my experience at groups was awful and that is SW even if the plan itself can work. I do totally get that some nail it and it works long term. I just wish that had been me too.
I'd been at the same group for over 3 years, and the more weight I lost, the snider the comments were getting...final straw for me was when I got to target for the second time (13st award) consultant said to me "I cannot allow you to lose anymore weight, you are starting to look ill. please do not ask me to change your target again because I will not write you out anymore certificates"

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I'd been at the same group for over 3 years, and the more weight I lost, the snider the comments were getting...final straw for me was when I got to target for the second time (13st award) consultant said to me "I cannot allow you to lose anymore weight, you are starting to look ill. please do not ask me to change your target again because I will not write you out anymore certificates"
I got slimmer of the month when I was close to my 9 stone award.
But someone else got it for losing 3lbs less than me.
My consult came up to me after and said "You've had plenty of slimmer of the months. I thought we should give it to someone else"

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
My consult came up to me after and said "You've had plenty of slimmer of the months. I thought we should give it to someone else"
It's like they make it up as they go along...

I left my group, and the group I'm in now, the difference in consultants is absolutely staggering. My old one clearly didn't give a toss amd looking back you can see it all the more, my new consultant once covered my old group and I knew when I left that I wanted to join their group. The week they covered, I made a comment on our facebook group about how lovely the covering consultant was, and every week after that, it was like I was belittled for saying how nice they were.

So me changing to the group I'm at now and changing my target again is a duck you to my old consultant more than anything 😄🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The SW experience is clearly very different for everyone and it seems the negative experiences far outweigh the positive.

Reactions: 4
He has a lot to lose and is moving more than what he used to. His calories really aren’t that high. I weigh 18st, 5ft 1 and have been given cals of 2238 and have lost 16lbs in 4 weeks 🤷🏻‍♀️ not 11.5 In a week mind you 😂😂😂

It's like they make it up as they go along...

I left my group, and the group I'm in now, the difference in consultants is absolutely staggering. My old one clearly didn't give a toss amd looking back you can see it all the more, my new consultant once covered my old group and I knew when I left that I wanted to join their group. The week they covered, I made a comment on our facebook group about how lovely the covering consultant was, and every week after that, it was like I was belittled for saying how nice they were.

So me changing to the group I'm at now and changing my target again is a duck you to my old consultant more than anything 😄🙈
Some friends have very good consultants and sing their praises, the local one to where I lived was terrible and still is absolutely terrible, she’s a terrible ambassador to slimming world but gets away with it.

Does anyone follow CaggieTakesControl? She lost around 9 stone on SW then went onto calorie counting, other diets etc. she’s just posted on Instagram and looks like she’s put it all back on.

It’s sad that she’s written she’s “embarrassed and ashamed” about it. Not like she flogged a fitness dvd and then piled the pounds on afterwards!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.