Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was coming on here to talk about caggie too... someone said in the comments she needs to go back to group.... like duck she does. Can they all not see that its SW that is the bleeping problem???

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I was coming on here to talk about caggie too... someone said in the comments she needs to go back to group.... like duck she does. Can they all not see that its SW that is the bleeping problem???
completely agree. I think the “shame” she says she is feeling stems from SW’s set up. I used to feel ashamed when I put on weight at group - the consultant didn’t help at all. Honestly think this is why I ended up with an ED during/post SW.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone follow CaggieTakesControl? She lost around 9 stone on SW then went onto calorie counting, other diets etc. she’s just posted on Instagram and looks like she’s put it all back on.

It’s sad that she’s written she’s “embarrassed and ashamed” about it. Not like she flogged a fitness dvd and then piled the pounds on afterwards!
I used to like her but had to unfollow as i find her not inspiring

Reactions: 4
Does anyone follow CaggieTakesControl? She lost around 9 stone on SW then went onto calorie counting, other diets etc. she’s just posted on Instagram and looks like she’s put it all back on.

It’s sad that she’s written she’s “embarrassed and ashamed” about it. Not like she flogged a fitness dvd and then piled the pounds on afterwards!
I have followed her for about 2 years. I used to like what she posts. She seemed open in the early stages of weight loss.

I follow a small account who has lost weight and is gaining weight through exercise and weight lifting. They follow slimming world and sadly I think they are an eating disorder in progress. It is not my place to say though. My opinion on Slimming world changed the moment my daughter was told to rejoin before giving birth, I knew what the consultant was up to. My daughter never returned.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I have followed her for about 2 years. I used to like what she posts. She seemed open in the early stages of weight loss.

I follow a small account who has lost weight and is gaining weight through exercise and weight lifting. They follow slimming world and sadly I think they are an eating disorder in progress. It is not my place to say though. My opinion on Slimming world changed the moment my daughter was told to rejoin before giving birth, I knew what the consultant was up to. My daughter never returned.
It is easy for us having seen the light to comment I guess but as someone who has an ED, I’m certain from my SW time, and as someone who went back again and again paying my weekly fee I get that people don’t see it so clearly when they are in the SW bubble. At the end of the day SW is a profit making business which benefits from people losing then gaining and being repeat customers. It is their business model so they don’t want the thing to work long term. It clearly does work long term for people just not it seems for most.

Reactions: 3
It is easy for us having seen the light to comment I guess but as someone who has an ED, I’m certain from my SW time, and as someone who went back again and again paying my weekly fee I get that people don’t see it so clearly when they are in the SW bubble. At the end of the day SW is a profit making business which benefits from people losing then gaining and being repeat customers. It is their business model so they don’t want the thing to work long term. It clearly does work long term for people just not it seems for most.
There’s a man here who lost an incredible amount of weight and slimming world give him no credit at all which shows it is marketing focused and not member focused. The plan works but slimming worlds brand and marketing lets it down. I’m annoyed that my son has just joined but it’s his choice to make.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Can't get my head around this ad.. whats the point? Yeah she lost 7lb but so do many. More than 7lb between them photos.
Screenshot_20230112-110216_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I lost 14 in my first week... and got my one and half stone award within 3 weeks...

fucks my piccy? 😄

Screenshot_20230112_120428_Gallery.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Lauren is back online, she looks like she’s lost a little bit of weight but I’m glad she’s okay ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Do SW get all the clothes for their advertising campaigns in the Bon Marché clearance sale, everything about the company needs bringing into the 21st century…

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.