Slimming World #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone follow boothy_sw_insta? She is on holiday with her family and takes all her kitchen equipment with her. Also everyday saying she cannot wait to get her to eat her own chips??? Seriously enjoy your family time away and stop fussing over bloody slimming world. Its embarrassing
Who takes an actifry to Butlins? 🤣😳

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Her food didn't look that much different to what you get in the butlins restaurants anyway 🤣

I thought I'd treat myself to baked oats this weekend as a treat. Oh my days I feel so full and stodgy. HOW does Gemmab.slimming eat these every day AND a mug cake and full lunch and dinner? I don't think I'll need to eat for a week 🤣 I'm so full.

• Heart
  • Haha
Her food didn't look that much different to what you get in the butlins restaurants anyway 🤣

I thought I'd treat myself to baked oats this weekend as a treat. Oh my days I feel so full and stodgy. HOW does Gemmab.slimming eat these every day AND a mug cake and full lunch and dinner? I don't think I'll need to eat for a week 🤣 I'm so full.
Hey baked oats and mug cakes look grim! Like slop in the middle

Reactions: 7
Does anyone follow boothy_sw_insta? She is on holiday with her family and takes all her kitchen equipment with her. Also everyday saying she cannot wait to get her to eat her own chips??? Seriously enjoy your family time away and stop fussing over bloody slimming world. Its embarrassing
😂 she strikes me as obsessive and full of herself. Surely she can stay away from SW for a family break. Must drive her family mad with her constantly taking photos of food and writing essay length posts, when they are supposed to be on holiday.

Reactions: 2
😂 she strikes me as obsessive and full of herself. Surely she can stay away from SW for a family break. Must drive her family mad with her constantly taking photos of food and writing essay length posts, when they are supposed to be on holiday.
I agree and I’ve always thought fair enough she’s proven slimming world does work. But the only reason it works for her is because she doesn’t ever deviate from it what a sad existence to have to take your air fryer on holiday with you to be “on plan”🙄

Reactions: 5
SW wont help, CC wont help. None of it will help until you fix it mentally in your own head. Honestly. Ive did them all, numerous times over.

Its not easy at all and yes before I went to SW I had food issues, but those were magnified massively after I attended SW.

I had CBT for other issues but over time we got chatting about food and the issues I had. It helped me so much. Im in my 30s and have been dieting on and off since I was a teenager.

If you focus on the scales it will never work, it needs to be a change in your mindset for more than the scales.

For me its why SW didnt work for me, a full week focused on 2 minutes on the scales, what those scales told me was the be all and end all, I was judged by a room full of strangers on what the scales said. Also too many restrictions on certain types of food i.e wholemeal only. If youre eating a proper balanced diet you dont need to restrict yourself to wholemeal. I get 30g of fibre or more every day now and no longer eat those all important B choices for "fibre" when half of them arent even that high in fibre anyway!

I can keep all foods in my house now and not binge. Weve still got Easter Eggs. I can buy multi packs of crisps etc and not binge.

I have whatever I fancy and theres no drawing a line or starting tomorrow. For the first time in my adult life I had food freedom. Theres no such thing as cheat meals, off plan and on plan, flexi syns. Theyre all made up concepts.

You can self refer to CBT at my GPs surgery and I didnt wait too long at all. Due to Covid its all done through telephone / zoom so its easy to do. Most employers will give you time to do it also. Some employers may even offer it through occ health.
What a fantastic post!! Well done for sharing the CBT info xx

Reactions: 3
I agree and I’ve always thought fair enough she’s proven slimming world does work. But the only reason it works for her is because she doesn’t ever deviate from it what a sad existence to have to take your air fryer on holiday with you to be “on plan”🙄
Exactly! I honestly can't imagine having to count syns for the rest of my life, and clearly being so worried about piling it back on again that I take half the kitchen on holiday with me. Part of Slimming World should be being able to maintain, without the need to track everything still years later. It isn't a healthy way of thinking long term as I think she probably denies herself stuff, and never fully enjoys what she's doing as food consumption is always at the back of her mind. I've noticed her latest thing is the obsession with getting her 'steps' in.

Reactions: 4
I’ve been reading these threads for a while and thought I’d join in!
Over the years I’ve done SW on and off, usually online as the thought of going to group gave me a bit of anxiety. I’d lose a few pounds and then end up putting more back on, so at the start of 2020 myself and my housemate joined a local group thinking having somebody weigh us would make us to stick to it. After my first weigh in I realised how toxic the consultants are, I’d only lost 1lb compared to my housemates 3lb even though we’d eaten the same (it was totm for me but apparently that wasn’t an acceptable excuse) and was questioned on how I’d do better next week. She actually made me feel like I’d done something wrong and I felt terrible after. I still continued with the journey until we went into lockdown and it was at this point I realised I’d become quite disordered with my eating. Saving all my calories for a chocolate binge at night etc.
I stopped SW when the first lockdown started as I felt like food was the only joy I’d have living alone, I started eating foods I loved and cooking with oil. As I was so accustomed to the rules of slimming world I felt like I was going to be gaining weight rapidly eating like this, so I didn’t weigh for a while. When I did I was shocked to see I’d lost a fair bit of weight and since then it’s continued coming off helping me lose 3 stone without being on an official diet. I feel so much happier in myself and I can go out for a meal and not stress.
I completely understand that SW does work for a lot of people, but some of the people in my group who had done it for a while seemed to revolve their whole life around it and that just isn’t for me.
I maintained my loss for a while and recently it’s started creeping up a few pounds, and for once it hasn’t bothered me. Whereas before even a 1lb gain would have me upset.
I’ve attached an image from an app I have for tracking my weight, this is the last few years and it’s crazy how clear it is at what point I fully stopped SW.
51F0F21E-1C28-4C9D-BDBD-C8A6B91A2F55.png

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Over the years I’ve done SW on and off, usually online as the thought of going to group gave me a bit of anxiety. I’d lose a few pounds and then end up putting more back on, so at the start of 2020 myself and my housemate joined a local group thinking having somebody weigh us would make us to stick to it. After my first weigh in I realised how toxic the consultants are, I’d only lost 1lb compared to my housemates 3lb even though we’d eaten the same (it was totm for me but apparently that wasn’t an acceptable excuse) and was questioned on how I’d do better next week. She actually made me feel like I’d done something wrong and I felt terrible after. I still continued with the journey until we went into lockdown and it was at this point I realised I’d become quite disordered with my eating. Saving all my calories for a chocolate binge at night etc.
I stopped SW when the first lockdown started as I felt like food was the only joy I’d have living alone, I started eating foods I loved and cooking with oil. As I was so accustomed to the rules of slimming world I felt like I was going to be gaining weight rapidly eating like this, so I didn’t weigh for a while. When I did I was shocked to see I’d lost a fair bit of weight and since then it’s continued coming off helping me lose 3 stone without being on an official diet. I feel so much happier in myself and I can go out for a meal and not stress.
I completely understand that SW does work for a lot of people, but some of the people in my group who had done it for a while seemed to revolve their whole life around it and that just isn’t for me.
I maintained my loss for a while and recently it’s started creeping up a few pounds, and for once it hasn’t bothered me. Whereas before even a 1lb gain would have me upset.
I’ve attached an image from an app I have for tracking my weight, this is the last few years and it’s crazy how clear it is at what point I fully stopped SW.
View attachment 636672
Wow you’ve done amazing! I also followed some crazy rules and cooking with oil terrified me. Also I had to tell myself that white bread wasn’t the devil lol. What weight loss app do you use?

• Heart
Wow you’ve done amazing! I also followed some crazy rules and cooking with oil terrified me. Also I had to tell myself that white bread wasn’t the devil lol. What weight loss app do you use?
I must not have used oil for a good 4 or 5 years, couldn’t possibly cook with anything other than frylight 😂

I do currently use Nutracheck but I lost most of that weight just walking daily and making healthier choices, I wasn’t following any sort of diet or tracking anything! It helped me to sort out my relationship with food as I was very much food is either good or bad, whereas now it’s more I like the taste of it or I don’t!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
View attachment 636672
You've done amazing! It really just goes to show that we don't need these crazy rules and diets to lose weight, and we CAN eat good food and enjoy it and still see the scales go down.

Reactions: 9
You've done amazing! It really just goes to show that we don't need these crazy rules and diets to lose weight, and we CAN eat good food and enjoy it and still see the scales go down.
It’s exactly that! I think giving myself freedom to have what I wanted stopped me craving stuff, or if I did want something I’d have it in moderation. On SW I’d have full on binges if I wanted crisps/chocolate etc cos let’s face it your daily syns never let you have enough of it!

How some people manage on 5 syns a day is mind boggling to me. What are you people eating?! 😂

How some people manage on 5 syns a day is mind boggling to me. What are you people eating?! 😂
I can do that some days

breakfasts can be bacon and egg bagels or cereal and fruit
Lunches could be jacket potato and beans and cheese or salads or sandwiches
Evenings meals could be Chinese stir fries, curries , meat and veg

Reactions: 6
I must not have used oil for a good 4 or 5 years, couldn’t possibly cook with anything other than frylight 😂

I do currently use Nutracheck but I lost most of that weight just walking daily and making healthier choices, I wasn’t following any sort of diet or tracking anything! It helped me to sort out my relationship with food as I was very much food is either good or bad, whereas now it’s more I like the taste of it or I don’t!
I ruined my frying pans with frylight. I’m sure it takes the non stick coating off

I can do that some days

breakfasts can be bacon and egg bagels or cereal and fruit
Lunches could be jacket potato and beans and cheese or salads or sandwiches
Evenings meals could be Chinese stir fries, curries , meat and veg
I think I just enjoy snacks too much 🐷😂😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.