Slimming World #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😂 she strikes me as obsessive and full of herself. Surely she can stay away from SW for a family break. Must drive her family mad with her constantly taking photos of food and writing essay length posts, when they are supposed to be on holiday.
And yeah I get you track your progress throughout your weight loss journey but she's been at her target over a year and how long is she going to keep this posting of everything she eats up?? At one point do you think ok I've posted my taco, chips and Asian bbq chicken recipe 100 times so think it's time to call it a day

• Haha
Reactions: 5
And yeah I get you track your progress throughout your weight loss journey but she's been at her target over a year and how long is she going to keep this posting of everything she eats up?? At one point do you think ok I've posted my taco, chips and Asian bbq chicken recipe 100 times so think it's time to call it a day
Yeah good point 🤣🤣🤣 deja vu every time a new post goes up 🤣🤣

Reactions: 1
The bleeping state of this portion size though.
This instagram gets on my nerves. People have asked about portion sizes before and get a snarky response back saying she loses weight eating like that. I'm sure she's been stuck on a 3st loss for about a year and she has more to lose. I've just checked and she's actually removed anything to do with her weight loss from her bio. Women will fall for this rubbish and think they can lose weight eating the portions a 6ft 5 rugby player has when he's bulking🤦‍♀️

This is the problem with slimming world. They don't teach you anything about how weight loss actually works. You might lose weight eating like that for a while, but as you lose weight you have to reduce your calorie intake.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone follow heyamylouise formally skinnyjeansandbakedbeans ? She lost a lot of weight for her wedding and she’s put a lot back on. Was on slimming world. Im confused by her page, she was a pro SW / weight loss until she got all the #ads and now seems to be jobless going to various food places and making massive breakfast or lunch platters? I guess whatever makes the money eh?

Reactions: 4
Does anyone follow heyamylouise formally skinnyjeansandbakedbeans ? She lost a lot of weight for her wedding and she’s put a lot back on. Was on slimming world. Im confused by her page, she was a pro SW / weight loss until she got all the #ads and now seems to be jobless going to various food places and making massive breakfast or lunch platters? I guess whatever makes the money eh?
Another one shilling Gousto! Feel like a lot of slimming world people are doing this at the moment, anything for a free meal 🤦🏻‍♀️ so desperate

• Heart
She is in therapy for an eating disorder so prob shouldn’t discuss her

I see, I hadn’t realised or seen this for myself! Thanks for sharing.
She often mentions therapy for a ED, not sure if it started whilst doing SW. She’s still quite happy to use Slimming World hash tags on all her food post despite the fact non of them are SW friendly

Reactions: 7
Nah, she’s fair game. She slams SW but uses their hashtag on all her ads but cleverly hides them in the middle of the comments.

Reactions: 9
Nah, she’s fair game. She slams SW but uses their hashtag on all her ads but cleverly hides them in the middle of the comments.
That's what I find really irritating. Plus the people who built up a large following from using SW, then they keep SW in their Instagram name/bio to cling on to it and the freebies it brings. I'm not even a SW fan but it is so money grabbing and dishonest

Reactions: 8
That's what I find really irritating. Plus the people who built up a large following from using SW, then they keep SW in their Instagram name/bio to cling on to it and the freebies it brings. I'm not even a SW fan but it is so money grabbing and dishonest
This! If SW is the devil and caused an eating disorder then why would you promote this? I feel that a lot of diet accounts have jumped on the anti diet culture bandwagon. ED’s are serious mental health issues and do not need watering down by insta huns who gained weight because they stopped dieting. Not all diets will lead to an ED. If someone has an ED there’s more to it than counting syns, points, calories. If she was seeking help for an ED then I doubt she’d want to use the SW hashtags and I’d assume would be encouraged to step away from posting from that account. I mean her own account must be a trigger if she has an ED. I used dieting as a way to control things that were happening in my life that were out of my control. WW didn’t cause me to make my own little rules and to eat in a disordered fashion. There was no encouragement to just eats salads and run. Sometimes going to a slimming club just helps disguise the ED.

• Heart
THIS!!! I cannot stand how people do this and think it’s ok!! Sophie Jude “SW” prime example.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
THIS!!! I cannot stand how people do this and think it’s ok!! Sophie Jude “SW” prime example.
Don't get me started on that one! 🤣 she stacked on about 2/3 stone... but STILL had the audacity to accept being the poster girl for fat club, way after she'd had her moment of glory and way after she chucked the lard on. I was fuming seeing her mug pop up everywhere! She was not on SW, had NO plans to go back on the diet... now she calorie counts. They only wanted her because she's attractive it really pisses me off how shady they all are 🧐

She's lost a lot of followers recently too. You can't have an ED still constantly post food and tag SW when clearly the food isn't SW at all.

This! If SW is the devil and caused an eating disorder then why would you promote this? I feel that a lot of diet accounts have jumped on the anti diet culture bandwagon. ED’s are serious mental health issues and do not need watering down by insta huns who gained weight because they stopped dieting. Not all diets will lead to an ED. If someone has an ED there’s more to it than counting syns, points, calories. If she was seeking help for an ED then I doubt she’d want to use the SW hashtags and I’d assume would be encouraged to step away from posting from that account. I mean her own account must be a trigger if she has an ED. I used dieting as a way to control things that were happening in my life that were out of my control. WW didn’t cause me to make my own little rules and to eat in a disordered fashion. There was no encouragement to just eats salads and run. Sometimes going to a slimming club just helps disguise the ED.
I had a eating disorder which wasnt trigged by weight loss clubs but more relationship trauma.
once i dealt with the underlying issues, weight did creep on but i found that when i joined SW , it gave me control not to resume old habits, it made sure that i had my calcuim intake, i ate proper meals and also fruit and veg

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.