Slimming World #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I follow a woman local to me who started at over 17st, with a goal weight of just under 9st. Bless her heart she did lose it, with pure determination, and my hat is off to her!!
But now she obsesses over the slightest lb. last week she’s put on over 5lb, but managed to lose 4lb of it by the next weigh in by (looking at her pics of her food), chicken/meat and veg with maybe a spoon or 2 of rice. I get she doesn’t want to go back to the way she was before, but she doesn’t half look miserable in her post weight loss pictures. Unlike her pre weight photos. There has to be a happy medium surely?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I follow a woman local to me who started at over 17st, with a goal weight of just under 9st. Bless her heart she did lose it, with pure determination, and my hat is off to her!!
But now she obsesses over the slightest lb. last week she’s put on over 5lb, but managed to lose 4lb of it by the next weigh in by (looking at her pics of her food), chicken/meat and veg with maybe a spoon or 2 of rice. I get she doesn’t want to go back to the way she was before, but she doesn’t half look miserable in her post weight loss pictures. Unlike her pre weight photos. There has to be a happy medium surely?
I was like her and gained it all back and some after 4yrs of maintaining. I think once you are obese (which I am) it’s a harder battle to stay thin. My cousin is naturally slim, doesn’t give food a second though and eats what she likes when she likes. Doesn’t workout at all BUT she always stops when she is full and only eats when hungry. She has no emotional reactions that lead her to overeat, whereas I eat for every emotion (mainly when anxious!). There’s a fine line when you get to goal of relaxing slightly and losing the plot.

Reactions: 9
Just out of curiosity, are there any SW instagrammers that have managed to maintain for a significant period of time? I follow a few because you can sometimes get decent food inspo from them and most have gained. I was pretty shocked when one of them had gained a stone recently. She seemed really on top of it. The only person I can think of is swjourneyphillipa. People critise her for having small portions though🤷‍♀️

People like to say SW works because you lose weight following the plan, but to me if its not sustainable enough for you to be able to maintain your loss then its useless. Just my opiniom though!

Reactions: 4
Just out of curiosity, are there any SW instagrammers that have managed to maintain for a significant period of time? I follow a few because you can sometimes get decent food inspo from them and most have gained. I was pretty shocked when one of them had gained a stone recently. She seemed really on top of it. The only person I can think of is swjourneyphillipa. People critise her for having small portions though🤷‍♀️

People like to say SW works because you lose weight following the plan, but to me if its not sustainable enough for you to be able to maintain your loss then its useless. Just my opiniom though!
who you reffering to as gaining the stone ??

Reactions: 1
Aw yea i follow her, i think she put her target too low and upped it slightly so she was more comfortable with it
She's put a post up with her current weight yesterday and said she wants to get back to target. So I don't think she has upped it. Her target weight will be pretty difficult for her to maintain though I think.

Has anyone seen Gemmab.slimming is now doing a personal trainer course? 🙄
What the hell 🙄 this girl baffles me, reckons she does Courtney Black workouts constantly and never looks any different! I definitely reckon she takes anything on My Fitness Pal as gospel which is why she isn’t losing as I’ve found loads of things on there are wrong and the calories are actually much lower than they are. Hopefully the course will teach her something about nutrition though and she won’t be advocating daily mug cakes as a way to lose weight!

Reactions: 9
What the hell 🙄 this girl baffles me, reckons she does Courtney Black workouts constantly and never looks any different! I definitely reckon she takes anything on My Fitness Pal as gospel which is why she isn’t losing as I’ve found loads of things on there are wrong and the calories are actually much lower than they are. Hopefully the course will teach her something about nutrition though and she won’t be advocating daily mug cakes as a way to lose weight!
I'm convinced her (and all the other similar instagram slimmers) are just bullshitting what they eat. Her breakfasts will have half a biscoff, half a crunchie, half a freddo - Where's the other half, are you saying you just throw everything else away and waste all that food or are you eating it eventually and just not counting it? One slice of garlic bread out of a whole fresh packet, did you just bin the other 7 slices aye? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hopefully the course will teach her something about nutrition though and she won’t be advocating daily mug cakes as a way to lose weight!
This is what annoys me the most I think.. even if you weren’t trying to lose weight, I don’t know anyone that would eat a cake every day? Why normalise it when you’re trying to lose weight and adopt a healthy diet? A couple of times a week maybe, but every day? It’s just ridiculous..

Reactions: 7
This is what annoys me the most I think.. even if you weren’t trying to lose weight, I don’t know anyone that would eat a cake every day? Why normalise it when you’re trying to lose weight and adopt a healthy diet? A couple of times a week maybe, but every day? It’s just ridiculous..
it’s the way that there are so many things she can easily swap to make it all lower cal too! her sauces are like 40 cal per shot which is fine but when she’s got like two of them etc
and her coffees, what’s the need for them to be so high?!
idk if it’s just me but yeah

Has anyone seen Gemmab.slimming is now doing a personal trainer course? 🙄
Weight loss advice, amazing. Can buy a certificate for anything online these days 🤣

@pinkandroses I think you are right. I bet she eyeballs her portions too rather than actually weighing it out too.
Agreed! Eating like that is what caused me to gain most of my weight. Can't expect to carry on the same and lose weight. No one is saying you can't have a treat, or you have to massively restrict yourself, but there has to be a limit.

Reactions: 5
I'm convinced her (and all the other similar instagram slimmers) are just bullshitting what they eat. Her breakfasts will have half a biscoff, half a crunchie, half a freddo - Where's the other half, are you saying you just throw everything else away and waste all that food or are you eating it eventually and just not counting it? One slice of garlic bread out of a whole fresh packet, did you just bin the other 7 slices aye? 😂
Hmm yeah for a student she sure does spend a lot on different foods seemingly just for content 🙄

I find it really uncomfortable that so many of these Instagrammers are doing half-arsed online courses for personal training/nutrition or whatever in front of impressionable young followers.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone follow boothy_sw_insta? She is on holiday with her family and takes all her kitchen equipment with her. Also everyday saying she cannot wait to get her to eat her own chips??? Seriously enjoy your family time away and stop fussing over bloody slimming world. Its embarrassing

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.