Slimming World #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched a Chloe Phillips what I eat in a day on YouTube and the girl ate three meals and had one snack. I might be a greedy b@stars but I would be famished 😂😂 I’m not sure what they actually show in these reels is what they’re eating all day, it can’t be?!

Reactions: 2
Gemma posts the same stories and the same meals every single day. It’s so boring - there’s nothing new she ever has or even buys. It’s always chocolate, protein world, mug cakes, Bbq chicken or salads for lunch. Nothing else zzzz

Reactions: 5
I watched a Chloe Phillips what I eat in a day on YouTube and the girl ate three meals and had one snack. I might be a greedy b@stars but I would be famished 😂😂 I’m not sure what they actually show in these reels is what they’re eating all day, it can’t be?!
I like Chloe, I think the meals she makes actually seem realistic but I do think anyone who is just going to do SW for the rest of their life even to maintain us kinda crazy. It’s no way to live constantly monitoring what you eat.

(I do get that’s the problem with SW though, it doesn’t teach you how to eat normally once you reach target)

Reactions: 1
(I do get that’s the problem with SW though, it doesn’t teach you how to eat normally once you reach target)
[/QUOTE]
For anyone that’s been overweight/obese, there probably isn’t a normal way of eating unless your mindset has changed. It’s very easy to revert back to old habits. I’m sure SW (like WW) has a maintenance plan where you have more syns/hex b. I maintained my loss for over 4yrs and then bam, old habits and an illness meant I gained it all back. Using food as a comfort/way of control meant I reverted to type. I found maintaining harder than the weight loss phase.

Reactions: 4
I found maintaining harder than the weight loss phase.
[/QUOTE]

Noone talks about this part of it.

I found it incredibly difficult to get the balance of it all and I dont think SW consultants are given much literature from SW themselves about maintaining other than 'have an extra B choice' oh youre still losing weight have another B.

There would be people in my class who kept losing at target and theyd come and weigh with there coat on so they didnt have to pay. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know so many who have lost weight with SW and WW but gain it all back because they presume they can just go back to their old way of life. I lost 4st with WW and have so far maintained it but only because I watch what I eat the majority of the time and still use mfp most days. That’s what these clubs need to teach people, that once you’ve lost weight you need to watch your calories to realistically maintain.

Reactions: 2
I just don’t think ‘oh yeah keep doing SW once you’ve hit target but add extra b choices until you’re maintaining’ is a truly sustainable way to eat for the rest of your life. It certainly doesn’t appeal to me.

I also think that the level of restriction around syns that continue me is never going to work for you forever.

Basically if ever have a McDonald’s you have def gone over your syns and have failed that day.

I remember once when I had very first started slimming world, I had lost about a stone in 5 weeks (of the 2 stone I wanted to lose) and had my work Xmas party coming up. I asked my consultant what from the menu would be the best thing to have…

Her response was that none of them were slimming world friendly and I wasn’t really in a position to be having days off yet….

slimming world worked for me but it’s just not a realistic way to eat for life because it has so little wiggle room.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I’ve tried it and failed three times, it’s quite reassuring my know the problem isn’t just me 😂 but I’d see all these ig SW accounts and bloggers making big delicious portions of food and saying they always feel full, and I’d be like am I just a greedy b@stard? Because I am starving 😂

It’s designed like that to keep you coming back
That's really all I can think about all the SW and WW type of stuff. It's designed to make money off you, succeeding and walking away thin forever at the end is NOT what they want for you. It doesn't seem to set people up for long term success in a normal non-slimming life once they're at a target weight, because SW is not a charity, it's a business.

Reactions: 8
I’ve done SW myself since April (loosely now I have reached the target I set myself) never been to group,never paid a penny towards them as an organisation. I find it helps me to plenty of fruit and veg,treats in moderation and be mindful with alcohol and takeaways etc. I did MFP previously and found myself not having an apple after my dinner or whatever to save on the calories, cos they don’t half add up! I couldn’t go to a group though and line their pockets,but following it at home has been quite a gentle journey to be honest.

Reactions: 9
That's really all I can think about all the SW and WW type of stuff. It's designed to make money off you, succeeding and walking away thin forever at the end is NOT what they want for you. It doesn't seem to set people up for long term success in a normal non-slimming life once they're at a target weight, because SW is not a charity, it's a business.
I used to be a WW leader many,many years ago and about 5% of members achieved their ‘goal’. However, there was a lot of info about the transition from weightloss to maintenance. With any plan, calorie counting included, if someone gets to goal and doesn’t keep up with their new habits then they will put the weight back on. Plus there’s less motivation at ‘goal’. You’ve lost the weight, look and feel good, you go out more, a few lbs go on but that’s ok because you’re not where you used to be and before you know it you are back to square one. All weightloss groups are a business. At my interview there was very little focus on the weightloss aspect, more about sales and how to up sell. My issue with SW is that a lot of consultants have being doing the plan for 20yrs, haven’t lost the weight and are really uninspiring. The company needs a massive overhaul to bring it to the 21st century!

Reactions: 8
I agree with all of that, most consultants have been peddling it for years, but somehow it is weirdly so successful, all of my local WW groups have closed but SW have opened more. It doesn’t make senses. I’ve tried both and have to say WW is a lot more flexible that SW.

I agree with all of that, most consultants have been peddling it for years, but somehow it is weirdly so successful, all of my local WW groups have closed but SW have opened more. It doesn’t make senses. I’ve tried both and have to say WW is a lot more flexible that SW.
I think it’s because SW is a franchise so the consultants pay to join and then just do their own thing. WW consults are employed so it a meeting is low on numbers, they just shut the meeting down.

Reactions: 3
I had no idea it worked like that! Does seem to be more popular though all of my friends follow it, on and off

Reactions: 1
I had no idea it worked like that! Does seem to be more popular though all of my friends follow it, on and off
Yep. SW used to be so underhand, removing WW posters and signs from venues, targeting race for life events handing out leaflets to people at the race! Honestly, the SW/WW world was crazy! I was pretty young but let me tell you those menopausal women were cut throat!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Emilysjourney posted about going on last night (again when is she ever in 😂) and a staff member called her fat (!?) She then goes on to tag said staff member in her next story....isn't that a form of doxxing?? Staff member doesn't look very old at all, so will probably get piled on by a load of sw huns

• Wow
Emilysjourney posted about going on last night (again when is she ever in 😂) and a staff member called her fat (!?) She then goes on to tag said staff member in her next story....isn't that a form of doxxing?? Staff member doesn't look very old at all, so will probably get piled on by a load of sw huns
I saw that! Obviously awful if she called her fat and complain by all means but don't go on about it on your insta.

Reactions: 3
Is this the place to talk about small accounts that follow slimming world or is there another thread for that? 🤪

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.