Slimming World #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sw Ross has their wanky pic as his screen saver... I hope he's taking the piss because that would be beyond sad and drippy as duck 😭😭😭

Reactions: 5
This is the thing though with sw. That slice of cake will use 20 syns. Yet they can have bacon, sausage, eggs, potato, beans for free or few syns. Yet the breakfast is 4 times the calories of the cake

And then people wonder why they don't lose
Yeah lol. They're just cherry picking the bits that they want and not really following the plan as intended. Think that's why they had to Syn muller lights because these insta twats were having like 5 at a time

Yes Calorie counting is more flexible, but honestly I can't be arsed with that. To me Slimming World is an ingenious version of calorie counting. Making you choose healthier low calorie foods allowing you to come under your TDEE and lose weight in the process. It also teaches you about the relative "badness" of certain foods and that can still enjoy these foods you like via Syns or one he rare occasion if you need flexi syns. Is it perfect? Heck no , but it does work you just have to want it enough and be in the right mindset.

Harry Prickard version of SW

Screenshot_20211118-174531_Instagram.jpg

A normal SW meal, quite the contrast
Screenshot_20211118-174812_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeah lol. They're just cherry picking the bits that they want and not really following the plan as intended. Think that's why they had to Syn muller lights because these insta twats were having like 5 at a time

Yes Calorie counting is more flexible, but honestly I can't be arsed with that. To me Slimming World is an ingenious version of calorie counting. Making you choose healthier low calorie foods allowing you to come under your TDEE and lose weight in the process. It also teaches you about the relative "badness" of certain foods and that can still enjoy foods you like via Syns or one he rare occasion if you need flexi syns. Is it perfect? Heck no , but it does work you just have to want it enough and be in the right mindset.

View attachment 873907

A normal SW meal, quite the contrastView attachment 873909
Exactly, slimming world is a fantastic frame work but people will twist any frame work to get what they emotionally need from their food while operating in that framework - like people calorie counting, loosing weight but only eating crap- sure you lost weight but its not healthy. The goal is a healthier relationship with food and a healthier body, not lets dupe the system and loose weight to 'get away with' eating like crap

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have just restarted Slimming World a month or so ago after CC as I find it more structured for me personally, I don’t use stupid tweeks & don’t overeat food just because SW say there free. I make sensible choices for my meals & snacks & actually find it less stressful then CC & I am loosing weight.

Reactions: 11
I have just restarted Slimming World a month or so ago after CC as I find it more structured for me personally, I don’t use stupid tweeks & don’t overeat food just because SW say there free. I make sensible choices for my meals & snacks & actually find it less stressful then CC & I am loosing weight.
This is exactly where I am with it! I’m applying the SW principles of filling a third of my plate with veggies, eating more fruit and cutting back on the stuff that’s more of a treat but not eating 400 boiled eggs or three plates of pasta just because it’s free.

i think SW teaches a good approach to food but people using silly shortcuts is what forms disordered eating and people not educating themselves on overeating.

I’ve been back on it for 2 weeks and lost 6.5lbs and definitely find it less stressful than calorie counting, and I do enjoy the social side of going to a group.

Reactions: 9

Yes Calorie counting is more flexible, but honestly I can't be arsed with that. To me Slimming World is an ingenious version of calorie counting. Making you choose healthier low calorie foods allowing you to come under your TDEE and lose weight in the process. It also teaches you about the relative "badness" of certain foods and that can still enjoy these foods you like via Syns or one he rare occasion if you need flexi syns. Is it perfect? Heck no , but it does work you just have to want it enough and be in the right mindset.

View attachment 873907

A normal SW meal, quite the contrastView attachment 873909

I find it shocking that the ones who twist the plan the most are currently consultants...

snaresylad - cooks his bacon with the fat on and claims to cut it off as he eats it. he posted that he does so on his instagram, now, if one of his members also uses instagram, and they see that, and say well, you do it, I did it, but I've gained weight... how can he explain that?

erika_slimmingworld - uses protein shakes, and thats fine, but whats not fine is how they are 7.5 syns each but she has openly said on her insta stories that she "counts them as 5 syns, it's just what I do"... if again, one of her members does the same... that 2.5 syns could be the difference between a loss and a gain that week.

shaun_fat_to_fit_2018 - gained 15lbs in a week. how can you stand in a room and talk to people about their losses and gains when you can put in 15lbs in 7 days.

sw need to cull these absolute clowns asap.

Reactions: 14
I find it shocking that the ones who twist the plan the most are currently consultants...

snaresylad - cooks his bacon with the fat on and claims to cut it off as he eats it. he posted that he does so on his instagram, now, if one of his members also uses instagram, and they see that, and say well, you do it, I did it, but I've gained weight... how can he explain that?

erika_slimmingworld - uses protein shakes, and thats fine, but whats not fine is how they are 7.5 syns each but she has openly said on her insta stories that she "counts them as 5 syns, it's just what I do"... if again, one of her members does the same... that 2.5 syns could be the difference between a loss and a gain that week.

shaun_fat_to_fit_2018 - gained 15lbs in a week. how can you stand in a room and talk to people about their losses and gains when you can put in 15lbs in 7 days.

sw need to cull these absolute clowns asap.
Spot on.

Reactions: 1
Not sure if many of you here remember Jack Towers? Lost loads of weight on SW then had a GoFund me to pay for his lose skin removal - raised way more than needed for surgery and was then spotted always going out drinking in designer gear etc (suspected of using the Go Fund me cash).

Anyway he has his own thread that has blown up tonight, as he has gained all his weight back!
All that money on surgery… wasted!

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Not sure if many of you here remember Jack Towers? Lost loads of weight on SW then had a GoFund me to pay for his lose skin removal - raised way more than needed for surgery and was then spotted always going out drinking in designer gear etc (suspected of using the Go Fund me cash).

Anyway he has his own thread that has blown up tonight, as he has gained all his weight back!
I am currently attempting to pick my jaw off thr floor

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Have you got a link to his thread please?

Ross posting about self-love sunday. We already know he loves himself without dedicating a day to it.

Reactions: 4
Ross posting about self-love sunday. We already know he loves himself without dedicating a day to it.
He really does. He is so bleeping vain it's sickening. I also hate when they talk about themselves when they were over weight in a disparaging way because to me it says that's how you see anyone who is currently over weight and people can't possibly think positively about themselves until they're slim.

• Heart
He really does. He is so bleeping vain it's sickening. I also hate when they talk about themselves when they were over weight in a disparaging way because to me it says that's how you see anyone who is currently over weight and people can't possibly think positively about themselves until they're slim.
A lot of them don't realise they're nothing special either just because they've dropped a few lbs, they've just got more big headed not better looking... they still ugly 🤣

• Haha
A lot of them don't realise they're nothing special either just because they've dropped a few lbs, they've just got more big headed not better looking... they still ugly 🤣
It's like I said... the stomach shrinks but the head swells.

I mean look at beggy ben... james bond photo shoots..have a day off ya pizza sniffing bleep 😄

• Haha
I see SlimmingWorldBoy has put up a video talking about his weight gain. I always thought he seemed decent enough.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.