Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Snowjoke

VIP Member
Does anyone have any advice for the best thing for fine lines? 1 area in particular! I tend to squint/frown and I'm developing a horizontal line on the top of my nose, just between my eyes. It's facial expression related because if I put duct tape over it (I know, I know!) for a few hours and take it off, the line has dramatically reduced.

I want botox for it honestly but it's outside my budget. I tried a retinol (it was No7 but not sure of the strength) and it didn't seem to make any difference, though maybe I need to be more consistent and/or up the strength. I'm willing to try any skincare products or any treatments that are cheaper than botox!

This area in particular is really getting on my nerves because it has that line, I'm prone to spots there and as it's between my eyebrows I need to really keep on top of the plucking. The texture there from those things combined means makeup looks awful.
Il not lie the Botox would be the best thing but there’s also other things out there that will require possibly a lot more effort on your behalf… the joys 🙈🤣

you could get a derma roller, obviously phase it in gently and not heavy pressure. Very gentle. It wouldn’t be instant results but if you keep to it you will see results
If you have a good eye cream you could also apply a bit to that area each night.
Re the texture you could look into the Paula’s choice bha- you can get a travel size one on Amazon or on her website directly (I got it there with free delivery so worth a shout). Again phase it in, but ir would be fab for removing any kind of texture you have in that area, your make up will then sit a lot nicer

The last thing would be not to surround yourself with d*cks that cause you to frown 🤣 but that’s another matter 🤣

Reactions: 4
Anyone tried skin and me?
yes I have! I have quite bad hormonal acne and it’s really helped me, yes it is quite expensive but for me it’s streamlined my routine and it’s pretty much the only treatment product I use. It helps fading the scars from old acne as well, takes a few months to see improvement but definitely worth it for me!!

Reactions: 3

MrsD33

VIP Member
Thank you, I use the ordinary niacinamide already 😭

I feel bad going to my GP for my skin which is essentially cosmetic, so hoping to treat myself, but it's really getting me down so I might have to go if it needs antibiotics.
If you don’t want to go to your GP just go to a chemist and ask the Pharmacist for advice.

They can recommend either over the counter medication or advise you to see your GP

• Heart
Thanks. I’ve just ordered The Ordinary azelaic acid. Do you use it every day? Where abouts in your routine do you apply it?
Do you use the Dr jart everyday as well?
Yes use it every day either once or twice. The Ordinary one is a silicone base so you possibly don't want to use too much with it or you risk pilling. It's a thicker serum so I'd make it the last thing you use before moisturiser. Azelaic acid can feel gritty as it's a powder in a serum base so if that bothers you, use it at night so you arent putting make up on over it. I use it twice a day because i think my skin responds really well to it.

If you take the plunge with the dr jart (and at £42 it's a lot. I ran out a couple of months ago and bought a cheaper beauty bay counterpart. It doesn't work, so on payday I'm back to cicapair) that is a watery serum so I use that straight after cleansing. People have had really good results with just gentle cleanser, azelaic acid and basic moisturiser to get things under control.

My routine is the ordinary squalane cleanser, Dr jart, azelaic, moisturiser and sunscreen. Then in the evening double cleanse, tretinoin (which has azelaic added) and Dr jart sleeping mask as a final step when I'm going to bed.

Codiaeum

VIP Member
I got the Matrixyl + HA serum by The Ordinary and my skin feels very plump after using it and I haven't been able to say that about my skin for a long time!

Keikochan

VIP Member
I really like the snail goo eye cream from Holland & Barretts. It works really well on me, I actually see a difference if I haven't used it in week or so and then start using it again. I haven't tried the other snail goo products in the range but I hope they'd be as good.

lv1892

Can anyone recommend a product for acne? Either prescription or not. Would prefer a gel / cream over tablets. Need my skin sorted for an upcoming wedding.
Thank you :)
Acnecide gel is really good, you can buy it online and over the counter. I’ve also been using Cerave blemish control cleanser along with their oil free moisturiser for the past few months and I’ve found this has made a huge difference in reducing breakouts and improving skin texture :)

Reactions: 2

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend products to help with redness/rosacea? It’s gotten so bad over the past few months I can’t leave the house without make up.
Currently just using cleanser, toner and moisturiser and spf. All of which I’ve used for years and never had any issues so literally no clue what to try.
I was advised on here to use Azelaic Acid. It’s helped for me. My skin looks much better

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Hiya guys, does anyone have any recommendations for getting rid of scars/blemishes from old spots? Obviously I know the best solution would be to leave spots alone 😂 but that's a habit I really struggle to break and it won't help with the ones I already have unfortunately.
Retinol/niacinamide, I also found my red/infrared LED face mask helps x

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I’m starting to consider switching out some of my more expensive items for cheaper alternatives. Can anyone explain what the difference is between items like Vichy 89 and The Ordinary hyaluronic acid?? I’m wondering why I’m spending £26 vs £6 and if it would be worth switching.

Other expensive items I use are Medik8 c-tetra and crystal 6. Wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives that work well.
I really didn’t like the Ordinary hyaluronic acid, I didn’t find it hydrating at all. Not necessarily cheaper by much but it lasts me soooooo long - I love the hada labo super hydrating lotion (about 17 in superdrug but you can get the gold premium one on stylevana too, and I also love the cosrx snail mucin (this is really cheap if you get it off stylevana)

I’m trying to find a c tetra dupe myself 😂 I personally won’t sacrifice my retinol! If you join this page on facebook there’s often CR6 and c tetra on there at cheaper prices x
86439581-AC51-49F6-9BEA-32C4CDADB714.jpeg

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Anyone else had a nightmare with Sephora customer service?? Sorry if this isn’t the best thread for this but I need a serious rant.

I was due a package early last week and it didn’t come. When I tracked it with Evri it said sorry we damaged your parcel beyond repair please contact your retailer. (Absolutely believe the courier stole my parcel). I have spent ALL last week and yesterday and today trying to get through to Sephora.

Live Chat kicks you out and you have to start the process again multiple times. Finally managed to get through to someone and they asked for my order number so I flicked back to my emails, came back and I’d been booted from the chat 😩. I got an email saying sorry we got disconnected please reply to this email and we’ll help. I’ve emailed that address back three times and no response!

Just tried live chat again and was waiting 30 mins and barely moving in the queue so I’ve had to bail on it. They’re only open 9-5 when we’re all working so I can’t really sit on live chat waiting for 30+ mins as I’m working.

So bloody fed up!!

• Wow

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend products to help with redness/rosacea? It’s gotten so bad over the past few months I can’t leave the house without make up.
Currently just using cleanser, toner and moisturiser and spf. All of which I’ve used for years and never had any issues so literally no clue what to try.
I have rosacea and have more or less had it under control with only the occasional mild flare up.
But just had Covid and it has flared up and is awful. None of my usual stuff worked so I have signed up for Skin & me and it is working. Three weeks and skin looks so much better.
I’m using a mild cleanser and a moisturiser with SPF , both Cetaphil.

zoominmoom

Il not lie the Botox would be the best thing but there’s also other things out there that will require possibly a lot more effort on your behalf… the joys 🙈🤣

you could get a derma roller, obviously phase it in gently and not heavy pressure. Very gentle. It wouldn’t be instant results but if you keep to it you will see results
If you have a good eye cream you could also apply a bit to that area each night.
Re the texture you could look into the Paula’s choice bha- you can get a travel size one on Amazon or on her website directly (I got it there with free delivery so worth a shout). Again phase it in, but ir would be fab for removing any kind of texture you have in that area, your make up will then sit a lot nicer

The last thing would be not to surround yourself with d*cks that cause you to frown 🤣 but that’s another matter 🤣
Ooh a derma roller is a good idea, I'll look into that! I've found some face physiotherapy website and apparently there are some exercises you can do to relax the muscle and reduce the line - I'm not convinced but I'll give it a go anyway! If I look 10 years younger I'll report back :LOL:

I've tried putting eye cream there but it hasn't done much, but maybe that's because my eye cream is basically just super hydrating and not much else because my undereyes are super sensitive.

I've whipped out my BHA this evening after neglecting my skin over the heatwave. I couldn't cope with feeling like I was sweating after doing my skincare, it was minging! Now it's cooler I'm out of excuses to be lazy so I'll get back on it.

Oh if only! Impossible unfortunately and clearly my face doesn't hide how much everyone gets on my tits! 😄

• Haha

milkywaymelon

Does anyone have advice for a skin care routine for dry sensitive skin?

I recently used cerave cleanser and it dries my skin out!

I get on well with the pixi rose toner but need a good moisturiser, cleaner and perhaps a serum/oil?. A good face SPF too that doesn't clog pores would be great.

Really struggling with my skin at the moment!

Have you ever tried ultrabland cleanser from lush? It's lovely for dry sensitive skin. I used it with their celestial moisturiser.

Azelaic acid is really good for rosacea. The Ordinary do a 10% one, Paula's choice also do a 10% one with salicylic acid so I think that one is best for rosacea that mimics acne. I buy a prescription strength azelaic acid from dermatica at 20%. I also use Dr jart cicapair range. The serum is amazing and you can actually see the redness reducing in the first minute or so after applying it. If you are into gadgets LED red light mask also takes that redness right out. I have the currentbody one and the neck and dec mask as I have redness on my chest too.

I have too many broken capillaries to be able to leave the house without make up but once I got in a routine with these I can now get away with tinted sunscreen rather than heavy full coverage foundation as my skin doesn't have the permanent redness it used to.

chapterthree

I need some advice on skincare please! I constantly get little sebaceous filaments on my nose and chin. I also have combination skin. I’m just so lost on where to start. I want to find a good skin care routine that really works for me.
Currently I use a moisturiser with spf with spf over the top in the morning, in the evening I use a cleanser and toner. I have used AHAs to help with the nose and chin situation but I feel like my skin just looks tired and dull. I’m approaching 30 so I want to maintain youthful looking skin as long as possible while ageing gracefully. Please give me advice for all the products or possible help 😮💨😮💨😮💨

• Heart

zoominmoom

Does anyone have any advice for the best thing for fine lines? 1 area in particular! I tend to squint/frown and I'm developing a horizontal line on the top of my nose, just between my eyes. It's facial expression related because if I put duct tape over it (I know, I know!) for a few hours and take it off, the line has dramatically reduced.

I want botox for it honestly but it's outside my budget. I tried a retinol (it was No7 but not sure of the strength) and it didn't seem to make any difference, though maybe I need to be more consistent and/or up the strength. I'm willing to try any skincare products or any treatments that are cheaper than botox!

This area in particular is really getting on my nerves because it has that line, I'm prone to spots there and as it's between my eyebrows I need to really keep on top of the plucking. The texture there from those things combined means makeup looks awful.