Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
I’m starting to consider switching out some of my more expensive items for cheaper alternatives. Can anyone explain what the difference is between items like Vichy 89 and The Ordinary hyaluronic acid?? I’m wondering why I’m spending £26 vs £6 and if it would be worth switching.

Other expensive items I use are Medik8 c-tetra and crystal 6. Wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives that work well.
I’ve used both hyaluronic and the ordinary/boots ingredients are fine in comparison. You’re better spending on the retinal! I love medik8 😂

Reactions: 1

HoGi

VIP Member
I wonder if anyone can help me please.

I have a patch on my right cheek which is really red and a bit bumpy. Sometimes it has lots of little whiteheads on it (today is one of them days) and sometimes it doesn't.

It's doesn't feel particularly different to any other part of my face but its really getting me down as I am having to wear make up to cover it as it looks awful without.

I thought it might have been caused by my pillow but doesn't seem to be the case. I don't think it's hormonal as it is pretty constant. I have no other patches on my face and I javent changed anything. It came up a few months ago and just won't go.

I will try and get a picture but it's pretty hard without showing my whole face which I obvs don't want to do
Quoting myself as I got a picture

Attachments

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Is the skin bumpy or is it the general texture of your chin area? Many people get wrinkles like this some time in their life, my chin started to get this texture when pursing my lips in a specific way. I got botox for bruxism and the doctor also puts some in the chin and the wrinkles are completely gone. It's not noticeable that there's botox in there, but just avoids the skin "curling up".
The texture is dimply, similar to orange peel (I have marionette lines but will tackle each problem at a time) It looks worse with make up, it seems to exentuate it

Any advice for getting rid of milia?. Have one small and a bigger one by my nose!
Other than going somewhere for extraction, I wouldn't know how to get rid properly. But I had a couple of tiny ones just below my eyes and since using tretinoin, they've gone and none have come back in their place and I use rich eye creams without problem. Anecdotal evidence I know, but it clearly works for me.

Codiaeum

VIP Member
The texture is dimply, similar to orange peel (I have marionette lines but will tackle each problem at a time) It looks worse with make up, it seems to exentuate it
It sounds like it might be a thing Botox could work for, but a peeling and good hydration should also already help, even if only slowly. E.g. a hyaluronic acid serum, something to lock in the moisture on top if you've drier skin and maybe retinol, to improve the texture over time. I like the Inkey List stuff, it's very affordable and so far I haven't had anything I really didn't like. They often give you a bottle of the HA serum for free if you buy a bundle.

• Heart

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I’ve notice my chin is quite dimply orange peel texture. What can I do to help this

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Thank you, I use the ordinary niacinamide already 😭

I feel bad going to my GP for my skin which is essentially cosmetic, so hoping to treat myself, but it's really getting me down so I might have to go if it needs antibiotics.
Don’t feel bad, it is a medical issue and not cosmetic. It may take more than one prescription of antibiotics. I’m diagnosing you by a small photo 😊your GP may give you a totally different diagnosis

• Heart

Snowjoke

VIP Member
Hi everyone hope you’re all well 😊
Does anyone have any recommendations for a skincare product or primer that will help reduce skin texture whilst wearing makeup because I have to wear a lot of makeup for work thanks in advance
Bobbi brown vitamin enriched skin base… both the face and eye version are brilliant

• Heart

Jojoo

Chatty Member
Not silly at all. I'm rubbish with skincare but others will be along to help.

As for hair stuff.. I have a great hairdresser who advises against the silicone products (pantene, tresemme etc) and recommends a brand called joico. Worth the extra expense. My hair has never been softer, bouncier and in such great condition. You don't need alot of it either so it's lasts ages.

Perfume wise I have a few everyday perfumes that aren't too expensive and something more pricey for Weekend/special occasions. I used next perfumes for everyday. I love justpink. Then Armani usually as more more pricey one.
Thank you!! I will give joico a go, and for the perfume recommendations I’ll go and try them too. I’ve used daisy forever but don’t know if I still like it or just bored of it. I appreciate it thank you

EasterEggs

Chatty Member
Ahhhhh I know someone asked this a while ago but I can’t find the thread or the comments!

A daily SPF for skin that’s prone to blackheads and oily? Ideally would also serve as a moisturiser as too many layers of products makes for a very icky Carapop!

Am I asking too much?
I love the Cetaphil daily defence moisturiser - its SPF 50! I swear it does something to blur my blackheads! It’s not sticky and sits nicely under make up too ☺

• Heart

Codiaeum

VIP Member
I’ve notice my chin is quite dimply orange peel texture. What can I do to help this
Is the skin bumpy or is it the general texture of your chin area? Many people get wrinkles like this some time in their life, my chin started to get this texture when pursing my lips in a specific way. I got botox for bruxism and the doctor also puts some in the chin and the wrinkles are completely gone. It's not noticeable that there's botox in there, but just avoids the skin "curling up".

Keikochan

VIP Member
Hiya guys, does anyone have any recommendations for getting rid of scars/blemishes from old spots? Obviously I know the best solution would be to leave spots alone 😂 but that's a habit I really struggle to break and it won't help with the ones I already have unfortunately.
I find using moisturiser or serums with Vit C makes big difference in healing up my skin like that.

olivia321

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a product for acne? Either prescription or not. Would prefer a gel / cream over tablets. Need my skin sorted for an upcoming wedding.
Thank you :)
Differin, Duac, or Treclin you can get them all prescribed by the boots pharmacy you can do it online if you prefer.

popb1tch

Does anyone have any advice for the best thing for fine lines? 1 area in particular! I tend to squint/frown and I'm developing a horizontal line on the top of my nose, just between my eyes. It's facial expression related because if I put duct tape over it (I know, I know!) for a few hours and take it off, the line has dramatically reduced.

I want botox for it honestly but it's outside my budget. I tried a retinol (it was No7 but not sure of the strength) and it didn't seem to make any difference, though maybe I need to be more consistent and/or up the strength. I'm willing to try any skincare products or any treatments that are cheaper than botox!

This area in particular is really getting on my nerves because it has that line, I'm prone to spots there and as it's between my eyebrows I need to really keep on top of the plucking. The texture there from those things combined means makeup looks awful.
I put of having Botox for ages but honestly each of the products you describe is maybe £25….my qualified medical practitioner charges £110 for one area…

Snowjoke

VIP Member
Hiya guys, does anyone have any recommendations for getting rid of scars/blemishes from old spots? Obviously I know the best solution would be to leave spots alone 😂 but that's a habit I really struggle to break and it won't help with the ones I already have unfortunately.
Being honest I wouldn’t waste your money on creams etc. If you wanted to see a big improvement I’d recommend micro-needling done by a professional

greenvelvet

VIP Member
I had a facial the other week and they gave me a small tube of the Dermalogica microfoliant. I wasn’t expecting much as I already use the Foreo Luna 3, AHA and BHA, along with the Ordinary’s AHA and BHA mask.

I cut down my AHA and BHA use and use the microfoliant every day and my skin is sooo clear now. It’s actually a bit mad. It feels smooth to the touch. Really recommend it

A few dermatologists online say that Vitamin C is quite delicate and when it gets exposed to air or sunlight it damages the molecular structure & stops it working properly, so if there’s anything you should be careful about buying it’s vitamin c skincare as it needs to stored/made in a specific way - which unfortunately makes it quite pricey

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
I really didn’t like the Ordinary hyaluronic acid, I didn’t find it hydrating at all. Not necessarily cheaper by much but it lasts me soooooo long - I love the hada labo super hydrating lotion (about 17 in superdrug but you can get the gold premium one on stylevana too, and I also love the cosrx snail mucin (this is really cheap if you get it off stylevana)

I’m trying to find a c tetra dupe myself 😂 I personally won’t sacrifice my retinol! If you join this page on facebook there’s often CR6 and c tetra on there at cheaper prices x
View attachment 1543599
James Welsh did a video on cheaper alternatives to some products and suggested this switch for c-tetra

C7869D07-63D1-425C-8142-1B5EE96C88F2.jpeg

• Heart

bcfc999

Chatty Member

Attachments