Skin care - tell me all of the advice #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for creating the thread.

what’s the best eyelash serum? I used one a few years ago and my eyelashes grew so long people asked if they were false. Unfortunately I can’t remember which one 😫

Does anyone have advice for a skin care routine for dry sensitive skin?

I recently used cerave cleanser and it dries my skin out!

I get on well with the pixi rose toner but need a good moisturiser, cleaner and perhaps a serum/oil?. A good face SPF too that doesn't clog pores would be great.

Really struggling with my skin at the moment!

I get on well with the pixi rose toner but need a good moisturiser, cleaner and perhaps a serum/oil?. A good face SPF too that doesn't clog pores would be great.

Which Cerave cleanser did you try? I used the SA one which I find much more drying that the moisturizing one (the green one). The most moisturizing cleanser I ever tried was the squalane cleanser from The Ordinary.

Reactions: 1

Have you ever tried ultrabland cleanser from lush? It's lovely for dry sensitive skin. I used it with their celestial moisturiser.

Reactions: 2
Which Cerave cleanser did you try? I used the SA one which I find much more drying that the moisturizing one (the green one). The most moisturizing cleanser I ever tried was the squalane cleanser from The Ordinary.
Ah that might be the problem. I was using the green one. Thankyou I will look up the cleanser!

Have you ever tried ultrabland cleanser from lush? It's lovely for dry sensitive skin. I used it with their celestial moisturiser.
I haven't. Always put off going into lush as I find the customer service too much so it's not a place of considered. Il have a look thanks!

Try LRP tolerine cleanser- the anti dryness caring wash one, it’s amazing for sensitive skin needing hydration. The tolerine make up removing lotion is also fab!

Does anyone have any advice for the best thing for fine lines? 1 area in particular! I tend to squint/frown and I'm developing a horizontal line on the top of my nose, just between my eyes. It's facial expression related because if I put duct tape over it (I know, I know!) for a few hours and take it off, the line has dramatically reduced.

I want botox for it honestly but it's outside my budget. I tried a retinol (it was No7 but not sure of the strength) and it didn't seem to make any difference, though maybe I need to be more consistent and/or up the strength. I'm willing to try any skincare products or any treatments that are cheaper than botox!

This area in particular is really getting on my nerves because it has that line, I'm prone to spots there and as it's between my eyebrows I need to really keep on top of the plucking. The texture there from those things combined means makeup looks awful.

Does anyone have any advice for the best thing for fine lines? 1 area in particular! I tend to squint/frown and I'm developing a horizontal line on the top of my nose, just between my eyes. It's facial expression related because if I put duct tape over it (I know, I know!) for a few hours and take it off, the line has dramatically reduced.

I want botox for it honestly but it's outside my budget. I tried a retinol (it was No7 but not sure of the strength) and it didn't seem to make any difference, though maybe I need to be more consistent and/or up the strength. I'm willing to try any skincare products or any treatments that are cheaper than botox!

This area in particular is really getting on my nerves because it has that line, I'm prone to spots there and as it's between my eyebrows I need to really keep on top of the plucking. The texture there from those things combined means makeup looks awful.
Il not lie the Botox would be the best thing but there’s also other things out there that will require possibly a lot more effort on your behalf… the joys 🙈🤣

you could get a derma roller, obviously phase it in gently and not heavy pressure. Very gentle. It wouldn’t be instant results but if you keep to it you will see results
If you have a good eye cream you could also apply a bit to that area each night.
Re the texture you could look into the Paula’s choice bha- you can get a travel size one on Amazon or on her website directly (I got it there with free delivery so worth a shout). Again phase it in, but ir would be fab for removing any kind of texture you have in that area, your make up will then sit a lot nicer

The last thing would be not to surround yourself with d*cks that cause you to frown 🤣 but that’s another matter 🤣

Reactions: 4
Il not lie the Botox would be the best thing but there’s also other things out there that will require possibly a lot more effort on your behalf… the joys 🙈🤣

you could get a derma roller, obviously phase it in gently and not heavy pressure. Very gentle. It wouldn’t be instant results but if you keep to it you will see results
If you have a good eye cream you could also apply a bit to that area each night.
Re the texture you could look into the Paula’s choice bha- you can get a travel size one on Amazon or on her website directly (I got it there with free delivery so worth a shout). Again phase it in, but ir would be fab for removing any kind of texture you have in that area, your make up will then sit a lot nicer

The last thing would be not to surround yourself with d*cks that cause you to frown 🤣 but that’s another matter 🤣
Ooh a derma roller is a good idea, I'll look into that! I've found some face physiotherapy website and apparently there are some exercises you can do to relax the muscle and reduce the line - I'm not convinced but I'll give it a go anyway! If I look 10 years younger I'll report back :LOL:

I've tried putting eye cream there but it hasn't done much, but maybe that's because my eye cream is basically just super hydrating and not much else because my undereyes are super sensitive.

I've whipped out my BHA this evening after neglecting my skin over the heatwave. I couldn't cope with feeling like I was sweating after doing my skincare, it was minging! Now it's cooler I'm out of excuses to be lazy so I'll get back on it.

Oh if only! Impossible unfortunately and clearly my face doesn't hide how much everyone gets on my tits! 😄

• Haha
I’m searching through this thread for the super spot cream that has been recommended. I put on a Garnier tissue mask a few days ago and my chin is erupting in red painful spots. Help….

I’m starting to consider switching out some of my more expensive items for cheaper alternatives. Can anyone explain what the difference is between items like Vichy 89 and The Ordinary hyaluronic acid?? I’m wondering why I’m spending £26 vs £6 and if it would be worth switching.

Other expensive items I use are Medik8 c-tetra and crystal 6. Wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives that work well.

I’m starting to consider switching out some of my more expensive items for cheaper alternatives. Can anyone explain what the difference is between items like Vichy 89 and The Ordinary hyaluronic acid?? I’m wondering why I’m spending £26 vs £6 and if it would be worth switching.

Other expensive items I use are Medik8 c-tetra and crystal 6. Wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives that work well.
I’ve used both hyaluronic and the ordinary/boots ingredients are fine in comparison. You’re better spending on the retinal! I love medik8 😂

I really didn’t like the Ordinary hyaluronic acid, I didn’t find it hydrating at all. Not necessarily cheaper by much but it lasts me soooooo long - I love the hada labo super hydrating lotion (about 17 in superdrug but you can get the gold premium one on stylevana too, and I also love the cosrx snail mucin (this is really cheap if you get it off stylevana)

I’m trying to find a c tetra dupe myself 😂 I personally won’t sacrifice my retinol! If you join this page on facebook there’s often CR6 and c tetra on there at cheaper prices x
86439581-AC51-49F6-9BEA-32C4CDADB714.jpeg

I really didn’t like the Ordinary hyaluronic acid, I didn’t find it hydrating at all. Not necessarily cheaper by much but it lasts me soooooo long - I love the hada labo super hydrating lotion (about 17 in superdrug but you can get the gold premium one on stylevana too, and I also love the cosrx snail mucin (this is really cheap if you get it off stylevana)

I’m trying to find a c tetra dupe myself 😂 I personally won’t sacrifice my retinol! If you join this page on facebook there’s often CR6 and c tetra on there at cheaper prices x
View attachment 1543599
James Welsh did a video on cheaper alternatives to some products and suggested this switch for c-tetra

C7869D07-63D1-425C-8142-1B5EE96C88F2.jpeg

• Heart
I’m searching through this thread for the super spot cream that has been recommended. I put on a Garnier tissue mask a few days ago and my chin is erupting in red painful spots. Help….
Mario badescu drying lotion 🤗

• Heart
Ahhhhh I know someone asked this a while ago but I can’t find the thread or the comments!

A daily SPF for skin that’s prone to blackheads and oily? Ideally would also serve as a moisturiser as too many layers of products makes for a very icky Carapop!

Am I asking too much?

Hi everyone hope you’re all well 😊
Does anyone have any recommendations for a skincare product or primer that will help reduce skin texture whilst wearing makeup because I have to wear a lot of makeup for work thanks in advance