Skin care - tell me all of the advice #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ladies! I need help, my skin has gone from super dry to an oily mess since I came off the pill. I've no idea what to use for this skin type after 10yeara for catering to dry skin. I can't even wear makeup for more than a couple of hours without it feeling like it's sliding off my face 😭

I’ve been using Image Vital C range but just can’t afford it anymore does anyone know of any dupes?!

Hi everyone hope you’re all well 😊
Does anyone have any recommendations for a skincare product or primer that will help reduce skin texture whilst wearing makeup because I have to wear a lot of makeup for work thanks in advance
Bobbi brown vitamin enriched skin base… both the face and eye version are brilliant

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Ahhhhh I know someone asked this a while ago but I can’t find the thread or the comments!

A daily SPF for skin that’s prone to blackheads and oily? Ideally would also serve as a moisturiser as too many layers of products makes for a very icky Carapop!

Am I asking too much?
I love the Cetaphil daily defence moisturiser - its SPF 50! I swear it does something to blur my blackheads! It’s not sticky and sits nicely under make up too ☺

• Heart
Any skincare tips, products to try or recommended facials/procedures for a 👰‍♀️ to be?

Any skincare tips, products to try or recommended facials/procedures for a 👰‍♀️ to be?

I love microdermabrasion for nearly everything, it gives glow and can help with texture. My beautician also does iontophoresis treatments with a really hydrating gel and I swear I looked like I had gotten some very well placed fillers for a few days.

Hiya guys, does anyone have any recommendations for getting rid of scars/blemishes from old spots? Obviously I know the best solution would be to leave spots alone 😂 but that's a habit I really struggle to break and it won't help with the ones I already have unfortunately.

Attachments

Hiya guys, does anyone have any recommendations for getting rid of scars/blemishes from old spots? Obviously I know the best solution would be to leave spots alone 😂 but that's a habit I really struggle to break and it won't help with the ones I already have unfortunately.
Retinol/niacinamide, I also found my red/infrared LED face mask helps x

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any advice for the best thing for fine lines? 1 area in particular! I tend to squint/frown and I'm developing a horizontal line on the top of my nose, just between my eyes. It's facial expression related because if I put duct tape over it (I know, I know!) for a few hours and take it off, the line has dramatically reduced.

I want botox for it honestly but it's outside my budget. I tried a retinol (it was No7 but not sure of the strength) and it didn't seem to make any difference, though maybe I need to be more consistent and/or up the strength. I'm willing to try any skincare products or any treatments that are cheaper than botox!

This area in particular is really getting on my nerves because it has that line, I'm prone to spots there and as it's between my eyebrows I need to really keep on top of the plucking. The texture there from those things combined means makeup looks awful.
I put of having Botox for ages but honestly each of the products you describe is maybe £25….my qualified medical practitioner charges £110 for one area…

I find using moisturiser or serums with Vit C makes big difference in healing up my skin like that.

Being honest I wouldn’t waste your money on creams etc. If you wanted to see a big improvement I’d recommend micro-needling done by a professional

Microdermabrasion by a professional or microneedling will get rid of them!
I've sadly been also picking at blemishes and had a lot of those spots as well and getting regular microdermabrasion does wonders for those old scars and it'll also prevent getting zits again.

I have far too many wrinkles for being in my mid 30s and my colleague swears by marine collagen so I thought I’d give it a go. Only on my second day and I cannot get the metallic taste out of my mouth even though I’ve had two meals and been drinking coffee since I took them this morning 🤢 has anyone else had this? Any tips?

So this thread #influenced me to by the Ordinary ascorbyl tetra-whatsit - love it but the smell is so bad?? It’s really chemically!

I also bought the Avene moisturiser with SPF 30 at the weekend as my usual stuff was out of stock in Boots and really liking it so far! I haven’t tried it under make up yet but I think it will be ok. If anyone else is combination/oily it’s a good one, a little pricey though I would say.

Anyone tried skin and me?
yes I have! I have quite bad hormonal acne and it’s really helped me, yes it is quite expensive but for me it’s streamlined my routine and it’s pretty much the only treatment product I use. It helps fading the scars from old acne as well, takes a few months to see improvement but definitely worth it for me!!

Reactions: 3