Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tommyb

Chatty Member
Any recommendations for lash curlers?. Also heated lash curlers and/or growth serums for lashes that work?

churro

Can anyone recommend a product for acne? Either prescription or not. Would prefer a gel / cream over tablets. Need my skin sorted for an upcoming wedding.
Thank you :)

FrostyChops

VIP Member
I really like the snail goo eye cream from Holland & Barretts. It works really well on me, I actually see a difference if I haven't used it in week or so and then start using it again. I haven't tried the other snail goo products in the range but I hope they'd be as good.
Can you link please

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Hiya guys, does anyone have any recommendations for getting rid of scars/blemishes from old spots? Obviously I know the best solution would be to leave spots alone šŸ˜‚ but that's a habit I really struggle to break and it won't help with the ones I already have unfortunately.
Microdermabrasion by a professional or microneedling will get rid of them!
I've sadly been also picking at blemishes and had a lot of those spots as well and getting regular microdermabrasion does wonders for those old scars and it'll also prevent getting zits again.

HoGi

VIP Member
I wonder if anyone can help me please.

I have a patch on my right cheek which is really red and a bit bumpy. Sometimes it has lots of little whiteheads on it (today is one of them days) and sometimes it doesn't.

It's doesn't feel particularly different to any other part of my face but its really getting me down as I am having to wear make up to cover it as it looks awful without.

I thought it might have been caused by my pillow but doesn't seem to be the case. I don't think it's hormonal as it is pretty constant. I have no other patches on my face and I javent changed anything. It came up a few months ago and just won't go.

I will try and get a picture but it's pretty hard without showing my whole face which I obvs don't want to do

Jam jam

Iā€™ve been using Image Vital C range but just canā€™t afford it anymore does anyone know of any dupes?!

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Iā€™m searching through this thread for the super spot cream that has been recommended. I put on a Garnier tissue mask a few days ago and my chin is erupting in red painful spots. Helpā€¦.

Daisybee

Chatty Member
Any skincare tips, products to try or recommended facials/procedures for a šŸ‘°ā€ā™€ļø to be?

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Quoting myself as I got a picture
My skin was very similar to yours a few years back and I was diagnosed with rosecea. Looks like you have a bad flare up. I was given antibiotics and probiotics and the worse of it got better. However the best thing Iā€™ve found is the ordinary Niacinamide which Iā€™ve been using for a few months and Iā€™ve had no flare ups at all.

Snowjoke

VIP Member
Does anyone have advice for a skin care routine for dry sensitive skin?

I recently used cerave cleanser and it dries my skin out!

I get on well with the pixi rose toner but need a good moisturiser, cleaner and perhaps a serum/oil?. A good face SPF too that doesn't clog pores would be great.

Really struggling with my skin at the moment!
Try LRP tolerine cleanser- the anti dryness caring wash one, itā€™s amazing for sensitive skin needing hydration. The tolerine make up removing lotion is also fab!

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Iā€™m starting to consider switching out some of my more expensive items for cheaper alternatives. Can anyone explain what the difference is between items like Vichy 89 and The Ordinary hyaluronic acid?? Iā€™m wondering why Iā€™m spending Ā£26 vs Ā£6 and if it would be worth switching.

Other expensive items I use are Medik8 c-tetra and crystal 6. Wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives that work well.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Iā€™ve been using Elemis moisturiser and cleanser I got in my advent calendar. Iā€™m just a few days my skin looks goo, so fresh. Is there a dupe as itā€™s so bloomin expensive otherwise

Tommyb

Chatty Member
Which Cerave cleanser did you try? I used the SA one which I find much more drying that the moisturizing one (the green one). The most moisturizing cleanser I ever tried was the squalane cleanser from The Ordinary.
Ah that might be the problem. I was using the green one. Thankyou I will look up the cleanser!

Have you ever tried ultrabland cleanser from lush? It's lovely for dry sensitive skin. I used it with their celestial moisturiser.
I haven't. Always put off going into lush as I find the customer service too much so it's not a place of considered. Il have a look thanks!

Nats_4

Can anyone recommend products to help with redness/rosacea? Itā€™s gotten so bad over the past few months I canā€™t leave the house without make up.
Currently just using cleanser, toner and moisturiser and spf. All of which Iā€™ve used for years and never had any issues so literally no clue what to try.

Jojoo

Chatty Member
Hey I wondered if I could ask for some advice! Hereā€™s everything Iā€™m using right now and I need some new items. Iā€™m basically clueless and learning as I go along but Iā€™m trying to invest in looking after myselfšŸ™ˆ anything Iā€™m missing or doing wrong will be great thank you

Nivea and Brazilian bum. Iā€™m cream as body moisturiser before bed

Avene cleanser before bed to clean face but itā€™s about to run out so need a new one

Avene toner after cleanser but again running out

Miscellar water for make up remover

I was using Avene moisturiser but thatā€™s ran out so feel I need a new moisturiser?

Super retinol eye cream before bed

Beauty pie highlighting primer I donā€™t know how to use this so havenā€™t yet

Ordinary vitamin c before bed currently in place of a moisturiser

Oxygen face mask one a week

Triple hyaluronic acid in the mornings

Super retinol hand cream before bed

Sheer tinted spf in the mornings

Eye pads once a week

Also shampooā€¦ Iā€™ve used the same shampoo for twelve years because itā€™s what my husband used (ex) so I know want ā€˜my ownā€™ one but how do you know whatā€™s right for you?

Also perfumeā€¦ I went into boots and felt so overwhelmed and didnā€™t even know where to start on what to try so would you have any recommendations also for me to try?

Thank you, sorry if this all seems a bit silly

Attachments

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
I have far too many wrinkles for being in my mid 30s and my colleague swears by marine collagen so I thought Iā€™d give it a go. Only on my second day and I cannot get the metallic taste out of my mouth even though Iā€™ve had two meals and been drinking coffee since I took them this morning šŸ¤¢ has anyone else had this? Any tips?

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Any skincare tips, products to try or recommended facials/procedures for a šŸ‘°ā€ā™€ļø to be?

I love microdermabrasion for nearly everything, it gives glow and can help with texture. My beautician also does iontophoresis treatments with a really hydrating gel and I swear I looked like I had gotten some very well placed fillers for a few days.