Skin care - tell me all of the advice #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got the Matrixyl + HA serum by The Ordinary and my skin feels very plump after using it and I haven't been able to say that about my skin for a long time!

Reactions: 3
I bought the new Boots No. 7 reverse eye serum today. At 10 quid off it's worth a shot.

Reactions: 2
I really like the snail goo eye cream from Holland & Barretts. It works really well on me, I actually see a difference if I haven't used it in week or so and then start using it again. I haven't tried the other snail goo products in the range but I hope they'd be as good.

I had a facial the other week and they gave me a small tube of the Dermalogica microfoliant. I wasn’t expecting much as I already use the Foreo Luna 3, AHA and BHA, along with the Ordinary’s AHA and BHA mask.

I cut down my AHA and BHA use and use the microfoliant every day and my skin is sooo clear now. It’s actually a bit mad. It feels smooth to the touch. Really recommend it

A few dermatologists online say that Vitamin C is quite delicate and when it gets exposed to air or sunlight it damages the molecular structure & stops it working properly, so if there’s anything you should be careful about buying it’s vitamin c skincare as it needs to stored/made in a specific way - which unfortunately makes it quite pricey

Reactions: 1
I really like the snail goo eye cream from Holland & Barretts. It works really well on me, I actually see a difference if I haven't used it in week or so and then start using it again. I haven't tried the other snail goo products in the range but I hope they'd be as good.
Can you link please

Can anyone recommend products to help with redness/rosacea? It’s gotten so bad over the past few months I can’t leave the house without make up.
Currently just using cleanser, toner and moisturiser and spf. All of which I’ve used for years and never had any issues so literally no clue what to try.

Can anyone recommend products to help with redness/rosacea? It’s gotten so bad over the past few months I can’t leave the house without make up.
Currently just using cleanser, toner and moisturiser and spf. All of which I’ve used for years and never had any issues so literally no clue what to try.
I was advised on here to use Azelaic Acid. It’s helped for me. My skin looks much better

Azelaic acid is really good for rosacea. The Ordinary do a 10% one, Paula's choice also do a 10% one with salicylic acid so I think that one is best for rosacea that mimics acne. I buy a prescription strength azelaic acid from dermatica at 20%. I also use Dr jart cicapair range. The serum is amazing and you can actually see the redness reducing in the first minute or so after applying it. If you are into gadgets LED red light mask also takes that redness right out. I have the currentbody one and the neck and dec mask as I have redness on my chest too.

I have too many broken capillaries to be able to leave the house without make up but once I got in a routine with these I can now get away with tinted sunscreen rather than heavy full coverage foundation as my skin doesn't have the permanent redness it used to.

Thanks. I’ve just ordered The Ordinary azelaic acid. Do you use it every day? Where abouts in your routine do you apply it?
Do you use the Dr jart everyday as well?

Thanks. I’ve just ordered The Ordinary azelaic acid. Do you use it every day? Where abouts in your routine do you apply it?
Do you use the Dr jart everyday as well?
Yes use it every day either once or twice. The Ordinary one is a silicone base so you possibly don't want to use too much with it or you risk pilling. It's a thicker serum so I'd make it the last thing you use before moisturiser. Azelaic acid can feel gritty as it's a powder in a serum base so if that bothers you, use it at night so you arent putting make up on over it. I use it twice a day because i think my skin responds really well to it.

If you take the plunge with the dr jart (and at £42 it's a lot. I ran out a couple of months ago and bought a cheaper beauty bay counterpart. It doesn't work, so on payday I'm back to cicapair) that is a watery serum so I use that straight after cleansing. People have had really good results with just gentle cleanser, azelaic acid and basic moisturiser to get things under control.

My routine is the ordinary squalane cleanser, Dr jart, azelaic, moisturiser and sunscreen. Then in the evening double cleanse, tretinoin (which has azelaic added) and Dr jart sleeping mask as a final step when I'm going to bed.

I have rosacea and have more or less had it under control with only the occasional mild flare up.
But just had Covid and it has flared up and is awful. None of my usual stuff worked so I have signed up for Skin & me and it is working. Three weeks and skin looks so much better.
I’m using a mild cleanser and a moisturiser with SPF , both Cetaphil.

Any recommendations for lash curlers?. Also heated lash curlers and/or growth serums for lashes that work?

What product should I not put on my skin before or after I’ve been in the sun? I get confused between the should and shouldn’t 😜

Can anyone recommend a product for acne? Either prescription or not. Would prefer a gel / cream over tablets. Need my skin sorted for an upcoming wedding.
Thank you :)