Sims YouTubers (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She ages them up when she wants and chooses the traits she likes. The premise of this is so boring to me that I won't bother watching.
She questioned whether her pregnant Sim would die fixing a TV. Doesn't everyone know pregnant sims are immortal. I stopped watching at that point.

Reactions: 4
i miss when simtubers were just people doing lets plays, create a sim videos etc and they had maybe like 30k super loyal subcribers...i cant really enjoy it anymore bc its so commericalized now...nobody wants to criticise EA packs or do actual honest reviews because they got them for free or dont want to alienate EA, and everything seems like its geared for 9 year olds. i also have no sympathy for people making thousands off literal videos of them playing a game and then complaining about things because ofc your mental health is gonna be down the drain if all you do is sit in your room and play sims all day
There are still channels like this... But they are small, hard to find bc YT buries them, and then they quit easier bc they don't have the luxury of doing this FT and it's hard to balance everything.... OK, so... There MIGHT BE small channels 🤣. Though, when you find one, YT never reccomend other small channels, just the same big one and... If I see lilsimsie stupid ass facial expression on a thumbnail one more time.... Jeez
Half of the people I used to watch were tiny channels that have vanished and it's depressing. But there are still a handful... I need to get back to them. It's been awhile since I watched Sims stuff and over only been watching Claire's NSB one...

Reactions: 1
Regarding Deligracy's challenge...

Why is the sim already pregnant before even starting the challenge ? Did she start the challenge off camera... ? Weird.

Also, 10 videos for 10 days ?? Damn, this is gonna be dragged onnnnn.

I hope I'm not gonna offend anyone with this but, why does she keep making households with transgender sims when she has no idea what she's doing and makes a lot of mistakes (and has been called on it before) ? She has this generation play on Twitch where she plays two men but one of them was born female and has children (which isn't really something that happens really often, let's be honest here) but then she keeps referring to the guy as "she"... I feel like she wants to look open minded but like it feels off... Now, her current challenge, she's made a couple where you'd think they're both women, but then she refers to Harper (I don't know what gender this name is) as "they" and Harper has breasts... but then Harper has to be a "man" or born as a man if they can have genetic children so why is it "they" now ? I'm sorry but this whole thing feels like she has NO CLUE what the heck she's talking about but just wants to look open minded !

I didn't watch much after that, it's too boring

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Love love love Devon!! He’s so creative and so passionate about it!
He never moans or makes it feel like filming is a chore for him
He’s one of the few best simmers, honestly. Fun and amazing personality, and great builds with intriguing stories. I don’t understand how anyone would not watch him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Plumbella does get benefits. Thats not a criticism, I have a disability. I just don’t see how she can afford to have her own house just uploading once or twice a week and taking long breaks that she does.
She lives in Middlesborough

She lives in Middlesborough
Yeah, the property market there is a very different beast to the ones of London, Manchester or Edinburgh. A little terrace house in a reasonable area would have been around £75,000 last year. A 10% deposit wouldn't be too hard for a person to pull together, and if she has family in the trades that can help with the repairs/renovation, that's a massive saving on labour and materials too.

off topic but i really cannot get over how identical lilsimsie and her husband look. part of me wants to submit them to the siblings or dating instagram but at the same time i don't want to make them feel bad. it's just so comical.

also, does anyone have any idea how much lilsimsie could be earning per year through youtube and twitch? i can't imagine how much it's costing to buy and renovate that house, unless the housing market is better in the US than it is in the UK. i don't know how popular dan is so i can't really comment but surely his income is comparatively negligible to hers

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Delurking to say hi and how glad I am to have found this thread

also, does anyone have any idea how much lilsimsie could be earning per year through youtube and twitch? i can't imagine how much it's costing to buy and renovate that house, unless the housing market is better in the US than it is in the UK. i don't know how popular dan is so i can't really comment but surely his income is comparatively negligible to hers
The US housing market varies greatly from city to city and state to state
I don't know how much she makes from Youtube but when the Twitch leak happened, it showed a gross earning of $710,000 over the course of about 2 years

This is probably a stupid question at this point, but is the name/word Deligracy made up or is it a real word? Does it mean anything? I’ve tried googling it but she just comes up.

She questioned whether her pregnant Sim would die fixing a TV. Doesn't everyone know pregnant sims are immortal. I stopped watching at that point.
Even a sim who isn’t pregnant wouldn’t die from fixing a tv unless they were already electrocuted 😂
Clare does this same thing too. The amount of times she’s had a sim call a repairman because she doesn’t want them to die from fixing a shower or something

She chose the villainous Valentine aspiration for one of her sims and said she’s never seen it before but it must be a mod. It drives me bonkers how this is literally her entire career but she doesn’t keep up with anything new added to the game. Half of these game changers or ea creators whatever they’re called, don’t even deserve that title

Reactions: 5
This is probably a stupid question at this point, but is the name/word Deligracy made up or is it a real word? Does it mean anything? I’ve tried googling it but she just comes up.
I remember her saying in a video she had to write a story in primary school and she gave the main character the name Deligracy and it just stuck? Might be completely wrong tho it’s not an easy task to recall a fact about the most dull simstuber ever

I assumed deligracy came from a combination of her first name Madeline and last name Gracy although now I'm not sure if her last name is Gracy and I may have just made that up haha

• Haha
She chose the villainous Valentine aspiration for one of her sims and said she’s never seen it before but it must be a mod. It drives me bonkers how this is literally her entire career but she doesn’t keep up with anything new added to the game. Half of these game changers or ea creators whatever they’re called, don’t even deserve that title
It’s not as if the sims is constantly adding new features, the simtubers LOVE to complain about that. They don’t even play with or keep in check with the features they already have 😂

well socialblade has this to say. i can imagine her being towards the upper end because she doesn’t swear / makes algorithm friendly content & has fans who watch her every day. and this is just from youtube..
A6CAD9A4-FD7B-4DF2-B962-D845377EDBC8.jpeg

well socialblade has this to say. i can imagine her being towards the upper end because she doesn’t swear / makes algorithm friendly content & has fans who watch her every day. and this is just from youtube..View attachment 1290552
With content creators the range is so big you really can’t tell if they’re “struggling”, as they sometimes imply, or they’re pretty well off.

On a positive note, I watched the whole of James Turners Every Lot Challenge recently, and thought it was excellent. Absolute chaos, he made things hilariously difficult for himself, and then has the most cursed happy ending possible using that hellishly bugged wedding pack.

It was just good daft fun, no drama or tantrums or unnecessary whining. Just a man and his Sim, getting harassed by volcanos, earthquakes, aliens, ghosts, gremlins, dust, cats, dogs, foxes and food poisoning.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
On a positive note, I watched the whole of James Turners Every Lot Challenge recently, and thought it was excellent. Absolute chaos, he made things hilariously difficult for himself, and then has the most cursed happy ending possible using that hellishly bugged wedding pack.

It was just good daft fun, no drama or tantrums or unnecessary whining. Just a man and his Sim, getting harassed by volcanos, earthquakes, aliens, ghosts, gremlins, dust, cats, dogs, foxes and food poisoning.
I do enjoy his videos, I love how chaotic they get. I loved his Sucker robot vacuum taking a life of its own at the start of his Cottage Living LP. I kind of dropped off from watching him though.

I might have to check it out then 😚

i like james’ videos too! i really like the ones where he does the money earning challenges, he uses a lot of features of the game from realm of magic / university etc that don’t really get played with much on youtube any more

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.