Sims YouTubers (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve created a new thread for Simfluencers to keep the Sims thread to discussions about the game.

I’ve rapidly gone off Plumbella but I can’t help but feel sorry for her. There’s the same cycle every three months.

- She makes content at a rapid speed and talks about how wonderful her mental health is and sets out a highly ambitious/unrealistic upload and stream schedule.
- Then she stops uploading for a week or so with no explanation.
- Then she posts a tweet saying she’s struggling with MH and is going to step back for a bit.
- The silence continues for a while longer.
- Returning to YouTube, she uploads a video talking about how horrid a time she’s been having and that she’s working on coming back to the platform.
- Over the next few videos, she goes over all the problems she experienced that caused her to step away from YouTube.
- Next, she’s making content at a rapid speed and talking about how wonderful her mental health is and is setting out a highly ambitious/unrealistic upload and stream schedule. And the cycle repeats again!

I honestly don’t know how she was approved for a mortgage because her income must fluctuate from one extreme to the other with these constant extended breaks. I really don’t think that the life of a full-time YouTuber is for her. If she really wants to prioritise her MH, she should get a little office job and do a few videos a week as something to look forward to rather than have YouTube as her raison d’être. Her view have dropped and I wonder if people see it as a chore to watch her melodramas.

I truly believe that lilsimsie is unwell. I know that we are not allowed to diagnose on Tattle but all the stories of her random outbursts are bizarre. Remember when she said she had a crying meltdown because she could hear beeping in her house and didn’t know where it was coming from? She called her dad, who came over, before they realised that it was her boyfriend’s smoke alarm battery that she could hear over the phone. Wild.

James Turner makes occasionally interesting videos but they’re extremely repetitive. The current LP on the farm is now him endlessly harvesting crops. He never does anything to truly move the story on. He also goes from extremes of uploading every day to uploading once in a blue moon. There’s no consistency.

This Deligracy takedown is iconic:

Reactions: 9
I cannot stand watching anything of Lilsimsie’s. Her voice makes my ears bleed.

The only sims Youtuber I actually like is Andrewarcade but he’s been so inconsistent over the years.

Reactions: 10
I cannot stand watching anything of Lilsimsie’s. Her voice makes my ears bleed.

The only sims Youtuber I actually like is Andrewarcade but he’s been so inconsistent over the years.
I was about to say the same, I very rarely watch lilsimsie as her voice is unbearable and always so ott. Like just chill out a bit she's very overexcitable 😅

Does anyone watch steph0sims? Idk what to make of her, I find her content funny too like plumbellas. However need them in small doses as it can be a LOT to take in watching videos one after the other

Reactions: 3
I agree with you on all of the above. In general I rarely watch simsyoutubers who do gameplay. I prefer speed and stop motion builds.

I will occasionally watch one of them if it’s a challenge I like (every room is a different pack for example - loved that one!) but other than that I only watch Simlicy. Love how she mostly talks about her builds (which are gorgeous btw).
That’s the main reason why I had to stop watching Aveline as she just talks too much about her private life.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve never enjoyed deligracy but the rest I’ve watched quite a lot!

James Turner got really stale, too much of exactly the same thing.

Lilsimsie I still watch but she launches into really long stories way too often for me, I don’t like hearing about personal lives as much. She’s also way too self depreciating sometimes, there’s one video in particular I watched recently where she just went on and on about how much she hates her build. Gets annoying after a while!

I do love Plumbellas humour! She’s definitely my favourite but you’re right that she’s really hectic with her uploads. Hopefully that gets better.

Reactions: 8
My favourite is probably Plumbella as she makes me want to actually play the game which the rest of the group just cannot achieve somehow

Though I do find her videos way too short and I think the upload schedule (or lack of) doesn’t help that. Once I’ve binged them most recent uploads, I’m done for another several months. I also don’t care much for her ‘history of’ videos

She just doesn’t have much variety and I’m not going to watch her twitch streams tbh

Reactions: 6
I was really into Plumbella for a while. Great videos, great sense of humour. But much like everyone else, I’ve gone off her. She’s clearly not very well and it’s hard to watch even when she’s ‘up’. I agree that full time on their internet must be intensifying her mh problems.

Lilsimsie on the other hand, I just think is a spoiled brat. So whiny and often quite nasty. Always jumping on comments as if they’re personal attacks. I remember one of her streams, she was playing Animal Crossing and someone said ‘aw I was hoping you’d play sims’ and she freaked out about not being told what to do and the commenter doesn’t know what’s going on for her. It was ridiculous. Don’t understand her appeal.

Reactions: 12
Have seen any of Petey Plays It videos? They are super informative and I appreciate that.

I like watching lilsimsie’s builds. I’m more of a gameplay simmer and very rarely build so when I do they’re not great, I’ve definitely learned a lot from her - mainly how to roof without it just being one big block!

Reactions: 2
James Turner setting up his his own Reddit and then filming videos where he laughs at all the complimentary posts about himself (whilst getting extremely defensive at the even the mildest criticism) is very on-brand.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Lilsimsie on the other hand, I just think is a spoiled brat. So whiny and often quite nasty. Always jumping on comments as if they’re personal attacks. I remember one of her streams, she was playing Animal Crossing and someone said ‘aw I was hoping you’d play sims’ and she freaked out about not being told what to do and the commenter doesn’t know what’s going on for her. It was ridiculous. Don’t understand her appeal.
Honestly, she's always come off as unpleasant to me. I can't for the life of me figure out why people enjoy her streams/pay her to stream.

Reactions: 10
I can’t believe James turner is being mentioned on here! When I was pregnant in 2016, I’d sit and watch his sims 2 play throughs endlessly. I hated it when he went from a voiceover to appearing in the corner of the screen.

Reactions: 3
My favourite is probably Plumbella as she makes me want to actually play the game which the rest of the group just cannot achieve somehow

Though I do find her videos way too short and I think the upload schedule (or lack of) doesn’t help that. Once I’ve binged them most recent uploads, I’m done for another several months. I also don’t care much for her ‘history of’ videos

She just doesn’t have much variety and I’m not going to watch her twitch streams tbh
I actually really enjoy her 'history of' videos. It is shocking though that she, a player, seems to have better knowledge of the lore than the people who make the game, considering the inconsistencies that they put in there.

I have been watching SimsTube for a while and whilst I like PB's content because of her, and the odd video from others, it does make me realise just how stale the game is. They seem to have to put in so much effort to make things interesting, frequently using tons of CC and mods to overcome quite fundamental flaws in the AI/Design of the game. It's no wonder they're all gagging for TS5 and hopefully a base code with more of the Sims 2 chaotic personality vibes.

Reactions: 8
My favourite and the only one I can still watch without being bored/annoyed is Devon Bumpkin. I just think he is so funny and his builds are just so detailed and simply amazing, plus the storylines are great. I actually feel like all the other ones are quite mediocre..

• Heart
Reactions: 9
They just moved in together into a new house, are u asking just because or is there gossip on them having split up?
No sorry just asking , I used to follow them a while ago but I don’t really have time to play sims anymore so unsubbed , I think they make a really nice couple so pleased to hear they’re still together

Reactions: 1
I actually really enjoy her 'history of' videos. It is shocking though that she, a player, seems to have better knowledge of the lore than the people who make the game, considering the inconsistencies that they put in there.

I have been watching SimsTube for a while and whilst I like PB's content because of her, and the odd video from others, it does make me realise just how stale the game is. They seem to have to put in so much effort to make things interesting, frequently using tons of CC and mods to overcome quite fundamental flaws in the AI/Design of the game. It's no wonder they're all gagging for TS5 and hopefully a base code with more of the Sims 2 chaotic personality vibes.

I do wonder if Sims 5 will survive, the community is getting more frustrated and the YouTubers/content creators are getting less afraid to speak out about it.

Reactions: 4
Wow , this thread has prompted me to go and insta stalk some of the simtubers I used to watch … lilsimsie is married ?! She was like 15 when I was watching her channel 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Wow , this thread has prompted me to go and insta stalk some of the simtubers I used to watch … lilsimsie is married ?! She was like 15 when I was watching her channel 🤣
Her boyfriend is British and they went through a visa process. I am sure that the relationship is genuine but I don’t think they would have gotten married so soon if it weren’t for the immigration issue.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.