Sims YouTubers (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
god i'm so glad i found this thread. i looked up plumbella tattle out of curiosity and sure enough........ i'm a massive fan of sims youtube historically but i think now that i'm in university and with a job i'm just finding them all so....... awful.... and it's hard to watch youtubers complain about how hard their lives are i really have no sympathy for it anymore LOL

i do like lilsimsie but god she builds the same thing ALL THE TIME. and i don't know why she's so obsessed with building base game only and constantly ignores comments with lots of likes saying they'd like to see a CC build or one with unlimited packs. that said, she has done amazing things for charity and she uploads very consistently. she also makes more plus size, non binary, or trans sims than the other mainstream simmers

plumbella and steph0sims i genuinely LOATHE. neither of them have ever been funny, at least not since 2017. plumbella is always complaining about SOMETHING and steph uploads so scarcely i have no idea how she makes any money. again, two examples of youtubers who have become so out of touch with the real world that they genuinely feel sorry for themselves and it's hard to watch. literally can't get over plumbella's fanfic merch which is a slogan that isn't even something she came up with or to do with her brand slapped on a sweatshirt????

quite like james turner because i feel like he actually LIKES playing the game and he complains so much less than the others. he seems so enthusiastic and is much more engaging to watch than deli who i haven't been able to bring myself to watch in over a year

one simmer i ADORE is devon bumpkin. criminally underrated, actually funny, and he is an AMAZING builder. his builds are so beautiful to look at which is more than i can say for vixella, plumbella, lilsimsie, or steph0sims. his upload schedule is amazing and he has a really genuine seeming relationship with his viewers

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
You can tell Tazkabaz and Clare are friends cos their thumbnails look nearly identical lol
Taz has also started down the Vixella route of editing her streams to make youtube content.

I imagine deli being very moody and jealous that James videos do better than hers and irritated that she has to be supportive and happy for him because they need to pay the bills.

Reactions: 7
I imagine deli being very moody and jealous that James videos do better than hers and irritated that she has to be supportive and happy for him because they need to pay the bills.
I think she justifies her laziness by saying her videos are "chill" and "cozy". She doesn't do well with challenges and rags to riches because she hates not getting money easily, which tells you something about her.

Reactions: 8
I am not a fan of this creator thing where the creator gets a percent of pack sales. I think it’s really manipulative of EA. They know lil simsies fans will buy any old pack not matter how crap it is if it means she benefits. Thats a huge pull to a young easily influenced audience. Also as has been said its for the top tier game changers only right? I.e the ones that don’t need it because they get invited to every sim event, get free packs etc.

Honestly, this might be an unpopular opinion but i think Patreon is really cheeky. Particularly in the case of StephOsims. You have to have a brass neck to barley upload and ask for money from people. It’s begging. If she can’t afford to Feed her dog (and I don’t believe she can’t, it’s just manipulative tactics from her) then go and get a job. You can’t expect people to pay you for playing a video game once in a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Honestly, this might be an unpopular opinion but i think Patreon is really cheeky. Particularly in the case of StephOsims. You have to have a brass neck to barley upload and ask for money from people. It’s begging. If she can’t afford to Feed her dog (and I don’t believe she can’t, it’s just manipulative tactics from her) then go and get a job. You can’t expect people to pay you for playing a video game once in a while.
Definitely not an unpopular opinion here, it’s an absolute joke to beg people to pay for your life and not even giving them the bare minimum in return. The work ethics of Steph0sims and Plumbella are atrocious.
I’m also completely all for taking breaks when you meed to for your mental health etc. but it does make me wonder how on earth they’d manage in the outside world in “real” jobs. (I remember Plumbella saying something about how she’d be on disability allowance if she wasn’t making money through sims, but I may be remembering that wrong)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m also completely all for taking breaks when you meed to for your mental health etc. but it does make me wonder how on earth they’d manage in the outside world in “real” jobs. (I remember Plumbella saying something about how she’d be on disability allowance if she wasn’t making money through sims, but I may be remembering that wrong)
Plumbella literally has a masters degree. I know the pandemic was hard on her but it’s hard not to think that doing the Sims full time has actually made everything else in her life worse. It’s certainly made her lazier and more introverted.

Reactions: 9
Definitely not an unpopular opinion here, it’s an absolute joke to beg people to pay for your life and not even giving them the bare minimum in return. The work ethics of Steph0sims and Plumbella are atrocious.
If she was on disability I don't think she would get a ton. I'm on DLA for a physical impairment and other conditions but on the lowest rate which is £240 per month. You only qualify for the higher rate if you can't walk more than 50 metres unaided. There is a few more things but I think if she did go down that route, she'd be getting less than expected. I'm lucky to have a job and stable income but if she plans living off disability allowance, then she might wanna reconsider

Reactions: 4
I am not a fan of this creator thing where the creator gets a percent of pack sales. I think it’s really manipulative of EA. They know lil simsies fans will buy any old pack not matter how crap it is if it means she benefits. Thats a huge pull to a young easily influenced audience. Also as has been said its for the top tier game changers only right? I.e the ones that don’t need it because they get invited to every sim event, get free packs etc.

Some of the top content creators have the code for EA too. It’s really slimy of EA.

I don’t mind Patreon if it’s for CC and mods, since they’re adding to, and improving the game. I’ve noticed simmers who just build are also having Patreons now and it doesn’t make sense because I feel they’re not offering anything really when the same builds are uploaded on YouTube and to the gallery. But of course people will throw them money for that too.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Plumbella does get benefits. Thats not a criticism, I have a disability. I just don’t see how she can afford to have her own house just uploading once or twice a week and taking long breaks that she does.

Of perhaps her merch line does really well?
But yes what a waste of a masters degree.

• Heart
Delis legacy challenge 10 gens in 10 days place your bets how far do you think she will get. Its not like she has to follow any rules she just needs to have her sims reproduce. She's also playing on short not sure if she is aging up early.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
one simmer i ADORE is devon bumpkin. criminally underrated, actually funny, and he is an AMAZING builder. his builds are so beautiful to look at which is more than i can say for vixella, plumbella, lilsimsie, or steph0sims. his upload schedule is amazing and he has a really genuine seeming relationship with his viewers
Love love love Devon!! He’s so creative and so passionate about it!
He never moans or makes it feel like filming is a chore for him

Why have they all started doing the short legacy challenge? Is it to hide the fact the game is boring and even they cant be bothered with it?

Reactions: 3
Delis legacy challenge 10 gens in 10 days place your bets how far do you think she will get. Its not like she has to follow any rules she just needs to have her sims reproduce. She's also playing on short not sure if she is aging up early.
She ages them up when she wants and chooses the traits she likes. The premise of this is so boring to me that I won't bother watching.

Why have they all started doing the short legacy challenge? Is it to hide the fact the game is boring and even they cant be bothered with it?
I have played a short legacy but for me it's to try and test myself by completing careers and aspirations quickly not to try and get through the game quicker. Most of the simstubers don't even try to achieve anything in the game other than having their sims give birth to the next gen.

Reactions: 1
i miss when simtubers were just people doing lets plays, create a sim videos etc and they had maybe like 30k super loyal subcribers...i cant really enjoy it anymore bc its so commericalized now...nobody wants to criticise EA packs or do actual honest reviews because they got them for free or dont want to alienate EA, and everything seems like its geared for 9 year olds. i also have no sympathy for people making thousands off literal videos of them playing a game and then complaining about things because ofc your mental health is gonna be down the drain if all you do is sit in your room and play sims all day

Reactions: 12
you can say what you want about lilsimsie but she works a lot harder than most other simmers. she has very consistent uploads as well as streams and when she has other things on her schedule she always makes sure to pre record. plus the money she raises for charity through her stream i think that’s pretty admirable. others like plumbella and deligracy ALWAYS have a new excuse pretty much every other week as to why they won’t be uploading. get a real job if this one is too much for you 🥴
I'll give lilsimsie that, true..... But I still think she's an obnoxious little tit 🤣

Also, they can't get another job, jobs expect you to, you know, WORK and saying you have anxiety or cramps isn't going to cut it - you still have to perform.

Totally agree all of her Sims are identical with 97 layers of skin details
Also the flaming orange reshade she uses. Like, I get reshaders, but hers is so saturated her Sims look orange half the time...i don't mind the overly pretty, bc my Sims are all disgustingly pretty too, but... They aren't ORANGE 👀

Don't mean to multiple post spam, but I'm catching up so...

Anyway... I said the same thing on reddit about how douchey this EA kickback tit is and someone flew up my ass that it "wasn't just big creators bc some of the few have less than 100k subs"... Um... There's a metric fuckton of YTers with WAY less than that, to where 100k is amazing, and you're defending this? Jesus H Christ 🙄
Though I'm sure they defend those same simmers who only upload once a month bc its "so hard guyzzz"

(edit, oh cool, it puts them all into one... Neat. Did not know that LOL)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.